* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: New Pokemon Game(s)  (Read 16185 times)

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
New Pokemon Game(s)
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:13:21 pm »
Hello everyone (or the one, dedicated person who is reading this)! So, as we wait for the PU Beta (or full game, I haven't been here in a long time) to fall from the sky, I want to start some discussion/predictions on Nintendo's next offering.

So far, I've heard no rumors and/or leaks regarding the new games. I personally believe that a Gold/Silver remake could be on the way, or even a Diamond/Pearl remake (the latter of which seems more likely as I write these words you're reading).
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: New Pokemon Game(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 03:59:28 pm »
To be honest, I don't see any reason for them to make another remake right now. DS generation doesn't feel that far away. Either it's gonna be Gen 1 or some new game for a new console.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 07:18:16 pm »
A Red/Blue remake would be viable, but not likely due to the fact that the last game was a remake. I've heard from some people that a new game would include a type to check Fairy-type Pokés. I would love that seeing as almost nothing can stop fairy types except for steel (which makes no sense from a logical standpoint) and poison types, which don't have prevalent movesets.
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 10:30:34 pm »
I'd like a Gen. 1 remake but I still think they might come out with a new Emerald or Pokemon Z... Lql
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 04:20:35 am »
Pokemon Z
Gen 7
Gen 1 remake
Pokmemon emerald remake

One of those above is what I think may come next. In that order of what I believe to be most likely.

Fairies arent under checked. If anything they could have used a buff. There is an abundance of counters to fairies and they are quite common and very powerful. Metagross, scizor, gengar, bedrill and scolipede to name just a few, and are all hard counters and often ohko any fairy poke.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 07:58:00 pm »
Pokemon Z
Gen 7
Gen 1 remake
Pokmemon emerald remake

One of those above is what I think may come next. In that order of what I believe to be most likely.

Fairies arent under checked. If anything they could have used a buff. There is an abundance of counters to fairies and they are quite common and very powerful. Metagross, scizor, gengar, bedrill and scolipede to name just a few, and are all hard counters and often ohko any fairy poke.
Gen 7 would be nice :O
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein