* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread  (Read 118023 times)

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
Re: Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
I rise from the dead to say that it was a pleasure gentlemen.

I was in a bad place when I first joined. Upon reflection, I'm quite surprised at how much PU helped numb my emotional distress. So thanks for that guys! I'm a Voice Over Artist and Film Director trainee at the moment, and will always accredit the PU community for keeping my creativity and enthusiasm stimulated during a bleak part of my life.

Nostalgia and fond memories!

:)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 11:55:52 am »
Wow, I'm really glad I randomly decided to check in today...

I haven't made a post since about 2014, but I've kind of been lurking on the forums for a while now. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew the game wasn't being worked on anymore, but I was still so attached to this community. I joined this site when I was 12 back in 2009, almost 7 years ago now. It's shaped a lot about me, from writing style to social demeanor. It's really weird thinking back to where I was when I first started coming here. I even went back and found my introduction post from after the V2 update.

Hey everyone! I'm Darkmage64. I also joined a little before the website's V2. I can't wait to play the game in 2010! By the way, If anyone knows where I can get POKEMON pictures for my profile, send me a private message, or post it here for other people to see.

I was so young and naive. I cringe every time. I can't believe I was even here before the V2 update. Most users probably don't even know what that means.

Speaking of V2, so much has happened to me over the course of joining this site. I started PC gaming primarily, moved once or twice, dealt with some crazy friend drama, became WAY more open-minded, found out I was gay (if only little homophobic 12 year old Darkmage95 knew it back then), made some amazing new friends...Just looking at that PU logo can really take me back.

RPs were an adventure here. I don't think we ever managed to finish a single one, but damn if they weren't the highlight of my day. Not to mention they've really taught me a lot about my writing process. They were an invaluable gift during a difficult time in my life (despite some of the drama that I sometimes caused surrounding them...).

And oh man, was the IRC an experience...I still miss it from time to time.

Despite having been here for so long, I still feel as though I barely know a lot of you. We've had conversations, played games, and duked it out on the balance server (#TeamBulbasaurForever), but it feels like everyone's got so much more to them that I just never got the chance to learn about. A large part of that is my fault for not taking the initiative to talk to people (and because I was kind of an asshole). Even so, if and when this website disappears, I'll have fond memories of it.

I'm 18 now, trying to get my act together in college and figure out what I wanna do with this crazy thing called "a life". I'm in the midst of trying to set up a YouTube channel for game reviews, so I guess we'll see how that turns out. I still see a couple of you now and then on other platforms like steam, but I've been too hesitant to talk to anyone. I guess this is your invitation to strike up a conversation if you ever see me.

Considering this post was made a couple days ago and people seem to be saying goodbye, I don't know how many of you will see this, but at the very least, this was really cathartic for me. Probably something I needed today.

Though I've known some of you for nearly seven years now, I believe I have yet to even tell any of you my first name (unless you've gone digging for it). My name's Jordan. It was nice talking to you these past few years. Maybe I'll see you around sometime.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:57:34 am by Darkstar64 »

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 09:44:32 am »
I've sorta been avoiding commenting in this thread, because it really makes it feel like it's the end of an era, but I gotta say... Thanks to literally every damn person here. From Frenchfry, to Roloc; each of you chanseyers ended up helping me grow as a person. If only little ten year old me knew how much I'd chansey grow from this poop.

I think one thing that I'm really happy that I learned was, that I enjoy writing. Not to be good at it - never to be the best, but that it's a fun thing to pass the time, and that it's something I'll probably never give up.

I think a really important thing that I learned, was to just... Say chansey it, and hang out with people though. For awhile, you guys were the closest friends I had; and even some of you still are. Over the last six years, I've practically grown up on this damn site, and to think that this is pretty much it's send off...

Well, this message has been pretty chansey all over the place, simply due to the fact that I've just been typing poop as I see it, so,

TL;DR: Thanks, assholes.

[
Meowth, that's right!
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 06:56:19 pm »
Watch yer mouth, Meowth. -_-

Also, why is your profile marked as female now? O.o Is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class? Hmm?
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:30 pm »
You're right, I need to watch my chansey language.

And, that, my friend, is a really long and unfulfilling story. That I won't be sharing with the rest of the class. Because it's really boring and needlessly complicated.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:28:02 pm by Desbear »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 08:47:04 pm »
I remember when Meowth didn't used to curse. Horrible influence on Skype, I am.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 09:21:46 pm »
This thread has inspired me to do something I think we can all enjoy. I decided to run a server on PO. While I do plan to mod it and edit it until I can replicate the balance we had going here (with some creative liberties) I decided to let it be for now and go with good old fashioned pokemon, except with the usual SR, Quick Claw and Eviolite ban. While I'm having trouble banning legends in the tier, I think we can enact a certain honor code on that one.

The server IP is 68.82.137.122

The password is 1234 (a couple of trolls came on and started saying some very extreme and racist things)

It will be up until 10PM EST since I don't have the option of having a 24 hour server running. Be nice to chat and battle with you guys again.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 11:41:56 pm »
This thread has inspired me to do something I think we can all enjoy. I decided to run a server on PO. While I do plan to mod it and edit it until I can replicate the balance we had going here (with some creative liberties) I decided to let it be for now and go with good old fashioned pokemon, except with the usual SR, Quick Claw and Eviolite ban. While I'm having trouble banning legends in the tier, I think we can enact a certain honor code on that one.

The server IP is 68.82.137.122

The password is 1234 (a couple of trolls came on and started saying some very extreme and racist things)

It will be up until 10PM EST since I don't have the option of having a 24 hour server running. Be nice to chat and battle with you guys again.
I'm about to pop in to say hi to you, it's been a while C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 08:08:39 pm »
Sorry I missed it, I didn't check back in until it was already too late. But hey, if you wanna set one up again sometime soon, I'd love to go!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 12:59:55 pm »
I usually turn it on in the mornings when I'm getting ready to edit videos. That's usually around 9AM. Should have mentioned that detail.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 09:03:03 am »
I really miss when we were all active on here, having quirky IRC chats! we had a fun run, and met lots of Awesome people!! :D

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »
So many friends. So many memories.

"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »
I have been lurking for a while but I couldn't really think of anything to write ._.

I was just proud and glad I could've been part of the art team, even though in the final phases I didn't end up being as productive as I hoped. At least I got to meet some awesome people around here and I definitely enjoyed my stay on the forum. ^^

If anyone wants to stay in touch, I've recently been using Discord very occasionally. It's a bit like skype though lighter. And it also allows to make a free server in which one can be invited through links. It can be run from a web browser if you'd like to test it out a bit first. My username + tag = Yume Tsuki#5473

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 07:10:23 pm »
My skype is Unknownoo8

And I've been on discord as well for the past few weeks, and Yuki, apparently I need to be on the same server as you to be able to search for you xD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 08:35:30 pm »
Here's a link for a server i quickly set up.

https://discord.gg/011TTxfOoRuLmVNS5

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.