Pokémon Discussion > Anime & Movies

Our hero Ash Ketchum

(1/12) > >>

Nando:
Hi guys. I hope you're all doing well.

This topic is dedicated to our "hero" Ash Ketchum. I don't know if you guys are keeping up with the anime, but if you aren't, you might not understand this topic.

I've watched almost every single episode of every Pokemon season that has aired in America, so I am very familiar with Ash and how much he's grown to be a great trainer, but lately he's really been getting on my nerves, so to speak. You see, Ash is a great trainer for many reasons: he loves Pokemon, he's great at Pokemon battles - he can come up with crazy strategies in a pinch, he's been to all known regions and has seen many different types of Pokemon including legendaries, etc. I could go on. Bascially, Ash is a great guy and has the potential of being a Pokemon master. But for some reason the person who created or writes the anime doesn't think so.  ::)

Ash has many accomplishments that can prove how great of a trainer he is. I'm going to list them.

Information from Bulbapedia (Not copy and pasted):

Ash has earned all the gym badges from: Indigo League (8 ), Johto League (8 ), Orange League (4), Hoenn League (8 ), Battle Frontier (7), and the Sinnoh League (7). 42 badges total.

Ash has also participated in Pokemon League conferences and has even placed in top 8.

Indigo Conference (top 8 )
Silver Conference (top 8 )
Ever Grande Conference (top 16)

Ash is the Orange League Champion and the Battle Frontier Champion.

Ash has many more accomplishments, but I won't list them. If you want to check those out, go to Ash's Bulbapedia page.

You guys are probably wondering what I am trying to get at here. I'm sorry to have dragged you this far. Let me get to the point once and for all. The thing is, although Ash is such a great trainer, he's always getting tossed around by his rivals, and I am not just talking about Gary. His latest rival in Sinnoh, Paul, has already battled and beaten Ash 2 or 3 times. In their last battle (episode 594), Paul's Electabuzz beat Ash's Monferno (which evolved during their battle), although it was a close fight, Ash still lost. To make the loss seem worse, this battle took place a few episodes AFTER Paul challenged the Battle Frontier Pyramid King, Brandon, and lost, REALLY BADLY (Brandon's team consists of Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Dusclops, Ninjask, and Solrock. Ash faced the same team and won while Paul couldn't take out a single one of Brandon's Pokemon). Ash is actually the REAL Champion of the Battle Frontier (he turned down the offer to be Pyramid King to continue his journey), and yet he lost to Paul? Huh? I know that Ash used his seasoned Pokemon team to beat Brandon, which consists of Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, and his powerful Charizard (forgot the other Pokemon Ash was using), but nonetheless, how can someone with so much battle experience lose to Paul? Shouldn't we give Ash some more credit? He deserves it. >:(

I don't know guys.  ???

Have a good one. Leave your opinion below.

Noctoli:
i completly agree with you on this but the reason that ash loses in the anime and the manga is to keep the story intresting.  If he kept winning in every battle the story would get boring and then every one would stop watching the show altogether.

Nando:
Yeah, I know, it's just not fair though.  :( Ash definitely shouldn't have lost.  >:( He's a million times better than Paul.

Thanks for your post, Noctoli.

Amphi:
The only reason Ash has any reason to keep on his journey is to get more pokemon, he's already known around the world so why don't the just have him start catching more pokemon like he originally wanted instead of just the six in his team, of course i am happy ash finally got a dragon type pokemon, if he keep gible it will like become the next charizard of his team

Maelstrom:
it was pretty upsetting when ash let charizard go, even though he was extremely stubborn he was the strong point of the team, especially when he laid smack down on blaines magmar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version