Official Forums > Site Support

IRC Help Topic

<< < (2/7) > >>

jflorence05:

--- Quote from: Jerry on March 24, 2010, 04:41:54 PM ---Ok, I just tried again...

--- Quote ---[19:42] qwebirc v0.85
[19:42] Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
[19:42] http://www.qwebirc.org
[19:42] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
[19:42] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
[19:42] == *** (qwebirc) Couldn't look up your hostname!
[19:42] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server failed.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ok, that seems to be a java-run IRC client that uses features of Python. Are you trying to connect off of another host website ? Or are you just launching this from your own PC? I only see a back-end download on QWEBIRC's website. Usually when it can't resolve your Hostname it's because there is either a proxy setting, firewall issue, or an issue with a setting on your IRC-client.

Have you checked your firewall settings to allow it to pass?
Also try using another app, if it works on a different application, there is an issue with the config in that app.

Jerry:
I'm using the link from Webchat, and it's the first time this issue is persisting.

I haven't changed anything from the last time I succeeded in getting in the IRC.

jflorence05:
Ah, Ok, I'm sorry I thought you were saying you downloaded a copy of the webchat, not running it from the website.

The java-chat isn't working right now from Rizon's host site either. It's nothing to do with anything you're doing. Java-chat is extremely unreliable. I would suggest downloading a client app if it is possible

Jerry:

--- Quote from: jflorence05 on March 24, 2010, 05:24:20 PM ---Ah, Ok, I'm sorry I thought you were saying you downloaded a copy of the webchat, not running it from the website.

The java-chat isn't working right now from Rizon's host site either. It's nothing to do with anything you're doing. Java-chat is extremely unreliable. I would suggest downloading a client app if it is possible

--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks for your reply. Since I have a limited download (0.4 GB only until the end of the month, I know, it sucks), I'll save it for next month.

I have X-Chat by default on my computer, but I don't seem to reach the actual channel of PU :(

stephenkill2:

--- Quote from: Jerry on March 24, 2010, 05:38:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: jflorence05 on March 24, 2010, 05:24:20 PM ---Ah, Ok, I'm sorry I thought you were saying you downloaded a copy of the webchat, not running it from the website.

--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks for your reply. Since I have a limited download (0.4 GB only until the end of the month, I know, it sucks), I'll save it for next month.

I have X-Chat by default on my computer, but I don't seem to reach the actual channel of PU :(

--- End quote ---

Are you joining rizon before trying to join pokemon universe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version