* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: ONE WEEK OMFG!  (Read 16190 times)

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: ONE WEEK OMFG!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 11:45:42 PM »
Actually everybody won't start at the same time. Though it will be a little weird to see someone else in your house, or walk out of a building in the town you are in. XP Just a little. Since everybody doesn't get on at the same time, people won't start at the same time.

what i mean is it will be unfair if the pre beta tester got an headstart than other player, they can only play if the public beta cames out..
(thats what i mean with to start together) :)

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
  • What ever you say won't change my toughs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »
Yay I Can't Wait To Spam bug reports ^.^ jk.

Still i'll be testing lots of things and trying hard to help improve the game.

Things i can think of testing:

Moving around and hotkeys.
Chating.
Getting my first Pokemon (and see if their could be a way to get more then 1)
Check out the tileset and see if theirs missing blocks. (walking on water trees building hills etc)
Find and use all items possible and check for bugs.
Use the Storage system.
Pokemon center
Wild Battles.
fighting NPC.
Then Players.
and then i'll look around for more things to check xD

But still I CAN'T WAIT!!!! X.x
---------------------------------------------------------

Zocan
The one and only

Find me on skype look for "anacoo_na"

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 12:23:03 AM »
hoping to catch a scyther early in game so as to get a scizor faster
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 12:24:50 AM »
Actually everybody won't start at the same time. Though it will be a little weird to see someone else in your house, or walk out of a building in the town you are in. XP Just a little. Since everybody doesn't get on at the same time, people won't start at the same time.

what i mean is it will be unfair if the pre beta tester got an headstart than other player, they can only play if the public beta cames out..

The people who are in pre-beta or the "testers" wont have their files saved. They will get wiped so it is fair and they dont get a head start so dont worry.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 01:36:38 AM »
yeahh one week!! but only the pre-beta tester can enjoy it :-(
i want too but i think there is no chance more i must wait till the public beta cames out.

There's nothing to be enjoyed in the Pre-Beta. The Testers are going to work and sweat and die until there is nothing else left of them besides a vegetable in front of a computer monitor. And then, after that, all their progress will be wiped clean so it's like they didn't even exist (their post count will be knocked down to exactly -4 as well) and when that is all done--*continues to rant*
so pretty much its like a job and the boss never promotes you or pay you

Slave labor ftw

-4 post count would make me very upset. lol
But yeah I've been waiting for a while now and I'm pretty stoked since I've never done anything like this before. :] It's gonna be a pretty cool new experience to test a game that I'm sure will get big :]

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 01:58:12 AM »

well im asuming that it will either be equal to the amount of fun i had in alpha testing or maybe a lil better, hopefully the battling glitch was fixed(pvp)

Me and Urmel tested PvP today and as far as we've checked it works correctly. So let's hope the battle glitch is fixed (dunno exactly what it was tho, it's been a long time :P).

As the people above wrote. When the pre-beta is over (read when we're releasing the open beta), the player database will be swiped so everyone starts on the same level.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »

well im asuming that it will either be equal to the amount of fun i had in alpha testing or maybe a lil better, hopefully the battling glitch was fixed(pvp)

Me and Urmel tested PvP today and as far as we've checked it works correctly. So let's hope the battle glitch is fixed (dunno exactly what it was tho, it's been a long time :P).

As the people above wrote. When the pre-beta is over (read when we're releasing the open beta), the player database will be swiped so everyone starts on the same level.
as far as i can remember the glitch would freeze the client/or shut it down all together, also if my computer was correct when i checked diagnostics when it crashed also cause a computer crashing virus, on rare occasions

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 05:35:54 AM »
Computer crashing virus. So we would want top Anti-Virus' lol?

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
as far as i can remember the glitch would freeze the client/or shut it down all together, also if my computer was correct when i checked diagnostics when it crashed also cause a computer crashing virus, on rare occasions
Really a virus?, I doubt that... I've looked up a very old version of the client and put it in my virus scanner (Avast!) and resulted in nothing.

You would want that anyway, not for PU but there are enough weird websites out there.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
yea true, but I have it at least and i hope everyone else has it lol which im sure they probably do.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »
Really a virus?, I doubt that... I've looked up a very old version of the client and put it in my virus scanner (Avast!) and resulted in nothing.

You would want that anyway, not for PU but there are enough weird websites out there.

wow must be a geek squad mistake lol oh well its in the past ^ ^ just glad i get to help out

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
The Red Panda (taxonomic name: Ailurus fulgens, "shining cat") is a small arboreal mammal and the only species of the genus Ailurus. Slightly larger than a domestic cat, it has reddish-brown fur, a long, shaggy tail, and a waddling gait due to its shorter front legs. It eats mainly bamboo, but is omnivorous and may also eat eggs, birds, insects, and small mammals. It is a solitary animal, mainly active from dusk to dawn, and is largely sedentary during the day.

Endemic to the temperate forests of the Himalayas, the Red Panda ranges from Nepal in the west to China in the east. It is also found in northern India, Bhutan and northern Myanmar.[4] Accurate population figures in the wild are difficult to find, with estimates ranging from 11,000 to 20,000 worldwide. Although it is protected by law in all countries where it lives, its numbers in the wild continue to decline mainly due to habitat loss and fragmentation, poaching, and inbreeding depression.[2]
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
7 days!!!
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »
The Red Panda (taxonomic name: Ailurus fulgens, "shining cat") is a small arboreal mammal and the only species of the genus Ailurus. Slightly larger than a domestic cat, it has reddish-brown fur, a long, shaggy tail, and a waddling gait due to its shorter front legs. It eats mainly bamboo, but is omnivorous and may also eat eggs, birds, insects, and small mammals. It is a solitary animal, mainly active from dusk to dawn, and is largely sedentary during the day.

Endemic to the temperate forests of the Himalayas, the Red Panda ranges from Nepal in the west to China in the east. It is also found in northern India, Bhutan and northern Myanmar.[4] Accurate population figures in the wild are difficult to find, with estimates ranging from 11,000 to 20,000 worldwide. Although it is protected by law in all countries where it lives, its numbers in the wild continue to decline mainly due to habitat loss and fragmentation, poaching, and inbreeding depression.[2]

so you've officially confused the hell out of me...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 11:13:17 PM »
You've just gotta love the panda <3