* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: How do you make your teams?  (Read 31565 times)

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you make your teams?
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
Why did you teach thunderbolt to gyarados? Gyarados is a much better physical attacker than special attacker.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Maquiavelus

• Beginning Trainer
  • You think so? Look again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2010, 07:04:17 PM »
It works like a surprise attack against my friends.  They usually know how I build my team, so I like to have one or two tricks in the sleeve.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
@Gammal, They have been edited to work a little better and updated with stabs, I also included dusknoir instead of absol to provide a tank  ;D It's just my favorite pokemon, and they havent been doing bad in shoddy  :D

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
@Gammal, They have been edited to work a little better and updated with stabs, I also included dusknoir instead of absol to provide a tank  ;D It's just my favorite pokemon, and they havent been doing bad in shoddy  :D

Glad I could help :)

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
I also like to breed my pokemon so they have the best nature and IV set and the best move set. Then I train them for a little then I would start EV training them to max out their power and though it is time consuming it is well worth it in the end. Its good to keep your best team a secret so people dont know your weaknesses and how to beat you.

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 12:52:53 AM »
I also like to breed my pokemon so they have the best nature and IV set and the best move set. Then I train them for a little then I would start EV training them to max out their power and though it is time consuming it is well worth it in the end. Its good to keep your best team a secret so people dont know your weaknesses and how to beat you.

The EV training is important you´re right there but....
read this--->What about IV & EV points?
IV points = Yes
EV points = NO!

We will not implement EV points because we have thought of a far more awesome system.

Offline chainedheart

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »
I think about me team i try to create a very balnced out team of the strongest most effective types, i think about the types and what pokemon would make that team, the types are the main thing then the pokemon i like the most that falls into those category's. legendarys are amazing i love them but in a team maby ill have one bc i like having a normal not legendarys team bc it makes me feel more accomplished and where i can say thats right i pwned ur mewtwo with my Electivire XD and i know its bc i took the long hard strugle to make these non legendarys , become the strongest thats it is possible.  Ofcorsse im ganna catch as many legendarys as possible bc there great to show off :) and fun in matches where other people use like all of legendarys so its fun to see the difrent battle style with legendarys. And thats how i build my team :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 03:50:17 PM »
IV points = Yes
EV points = NO!

We will not implement EV points because we have thought of a far more awesome system.

Yes, but the topic wasn't specifically about PU, it's also about the traditional console games of Pokemon.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »
IV points = Yes
EV points = NO!

Yes, but the topic wasn't specifically about PU, it's also about the traditional console games of Pokemon.
true... but REGARDing to the console... the truth of EV training is very consummately of time but time does effect efforts. And I do recommend ONLY doing this on DS's games and not on GBA since you don't have Wifi for it. But for me, I've done EV training on GBA and I got it somewhat decent against level 100's poke I face from friends. ^^

Now for me... I practically avoid using legendaries as much as possible when I make my team. Usually in the console, I just get the pokemon I like and check their move pools first so I know what my build would be.
If it was like Net Battle/Shoddy which I'm sure some of you have heard, I apply theme and uses Never Used, Under Used, and balanced pokes. That's all about me.

Offline Waterku

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
I go with the Type Balancing team.
Have a nice team of the types/elements I like most. Make sure they are effective against gyms.
I also set up teams of each type. Like have a team of all rock, a team of all fire so on so forth.