* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Who would be the last surviver in this battle

agron
1 (6.3%)
tyranitar
6 (37.5%)
salamence
2 (12.5%)
dragonite
7 (43.8%)
richu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: who would win?  (Read 16004 times)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: who would win?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
[]... Zoom Lense are normally banned from competative play or not looked upon lightly.

Zoom Lens doesn't increase crit chance, it actually increases Accuracy by 20% if the user moves after the opponent. There was an error in translation and it ended up saying crit. However, testing has proven (Mine and others, if you'd care to look in to it) that it is indeed a 20% accuracy boost. The translation error was fixed in games after Diamond and Pearl.

In reference to crit boosting items, they are not banned per se. They're just generally looked down upon as they throw more luck into the game.

I read the post wrong and was thinking of scope lense. And isn't Tyranitar's most used sets its lead set followed by its bait set? The bait set is probably its best method of getting rid of Scizor and Jirachi (and other less important steel types who probably wouldn't switch into him anyway) by having the same set as the choiced variants but with a Babiri berry instead. From what I see on PO is that Tyranitar is being lessed used with choice items in turn for the standard lead set because of the booming usage of Doryuzzu.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 06:47:42 PM »
[]... Zoom Lense are normally banned from competative play or not looked upon lightly.

Zoom Lens doesn't increase crit chance, it actually increases Accuracy by 20% if the user moves after the opponent. There was an error in translation and it ended up saying crit. However, testing has proven (Mine and others, if you'd care to look in to it) that it is indeed a 20% accuracy boost. The translation error was fixed in games after Diamond and Pearl.

In reference to crit boosting items, they are not banned per se. They're just generally looked down upon as they throw more luck into the game.

I read the post wrong and was thinking of scope lense. And isn't Tyranitar's most used sets its lead set followed by its bait set? The bait set is probably its best method of getting rid of Scizor and Jirachi (and other less important steel types who probably wouldn't switch into him anyway) by having the same set as the choiced variants but with a Babiri berry instead. From what I see on PO is that Tyranitar is being lessed used with choice items in turn for the standard lead set because of the booming usage of Doryuzzu.

That would be a fair description of his usage statistics, though the CBand set is still finding the most usage at the moment, despite the rising popularly of Doryuzzu. (Some habits are hard to break right away, eh?)

However, that's a bit off topic.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »

That would be a fair description of his usage statistics, though the CBand set is still finding the most usage at the moment, despite the rising popularly of Doryuzzu. (Some habits are hard to break right away, eh?)

However, that's a bit off topic.

Im using Band right now on him as a lead too and i have Dory on my team :)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 02:05:38 AM »
Ah Doryuzzu....*shudders*

Anyway, back on topic. So I guess since both parties of Salamence and Tyranitar have very valid arguments we're at a standstill. We need to go into more dept of the situation. What kind of battle are they having? 1vs1 or a standard 6v6 where they can freely switch out? Are we to assume that they can have any item? If so, we must assume that they both have the same item in the same battle for an unbiased answer.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 06:45:28 AM »
Ah Doryuzzu....*shudders*

Anyway, back on topic. So I guess since both parties of Salamence and Tyranitar have very valid arguments we're at a standstill. We need to go into more dept of the situation. What kind of battle are they having? 1vs1 or a standard 6v6 where they can freely switch out? Are we to assume that they can have any item? If so, we must assume that they both have the same item in the same battle for an unbiased answer.

Haha i really dont think its worth that much trouble considering the OP hasnt said another word since his first post