* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Legendary Pokemon + dots  (Read 7305 times)

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Legendary Pokemon + dots
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »
Hi, I tried to use the search function to see if I could find some posts about this and I couldn't. But if it has been asked already I apologize, just try not to flame too much, I'm new here!

I asume legendary pokemon will not be catchable if they are even going to exist in the game. However, will we be able to fight some of them at all? I was thinking along the lines of you needing at team of say 2-5 or something, with high leveled trainers, and even then being difficult to beat.

In addition, if that is being considered, the legendary pokemon shouldn't spawn the same spot every time and they should have a long respawn period, of like 24 hours or maybe longer.
It would make a highly attractive goal, and the only way to achieve it is to interact with the other players, and in a quickly fashion since you'd never know how long it would stay there. And it would be somewhat of a gamble to start typing in general chat "I've just found mew at route 118!! Need party!!", since people in guilds would be there in a flash.

My 2nd question; will dots' be stackable? By dot I mean "damage over time", or in PU's case "damage over turns", such as poison and burns etc. That would really make combos between different types of pokemon powerfull against stronger pokemon.

-Santa
-Santa

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Pokemon + dots
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
As far as I know, legendaries may be implemented in quests and stuff. So they won't be completely gone :P
I quite like the idea of grouping together to fight them, but I can't really see this working for groups of more than 2.
The damage over turns thing is interesting, but I assume that it will keep with the handheld game's style where this does not occur.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
For the first question, it was mentioned that legendaries will at some point be required for some quests. You might battle them, or even use them for some time in your party.

For the rest, the PU team has more details.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »
I quite like the idea of grouping together to fight them, but I can't really see this working for groups of more than 2.
The damage over turns thing is interesting, but I assume that it will keep with the handheld game's style where this does not occur.

I was thinking you're against lugia, it has a billion hp+recover :). The quickest way to beat it is to pump it full of stackable dots. Even in the gameboy games, the abillity curse deals damage over turns and is stackable with the various buffs as burn and sleep. So why wouldn't burn and poison be stackable? Personally I think it's ridiculous that a pokemon can't be poisoned and burned at the same time.

When ever Lugia attacks, it has an AOE effect. So everyone in the party gets dealt damage on the same turn. If it's a larger party (2+) however, you'll have problems with waiting a long amount of time for 1 player. If it takes more than 30 sec or so, you could automaticly make that player an npc which randomly picks a move, untill the trainer returns and presses a button. That could apply in 1v1 matches aswell, so you don't get "stuck" playing against a guy who's afk.

-Santa

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 05:44:05 AM »

I was thinking you're against lugia, it has a billion hp+recover :). The quickest way to beat it is to pump it full of stackable dots. Even in the gameboy games, the abillity curse deals damage over turns and is stackable with the various buffs as burn and sleep. So why wouldn't burn and poison be stackable? Personally I think it's ridiculous that a pokemon can't be poisoned and burned at the same time.

When ever Lugia attacks, it has an AOE effect. So everyone in the party gets dealt damage on the same turn. If it's a larger party (2+) however, you'll have problems with waiting a long amount of time for 1 player. If it takes more than 30 sec or so, you could automaticly make that player an npc which randomly picks a move, untill the trainer returns and presses a button. That could apply in 1v1 matches aswell, so you don't get "stuck" playing against a guy who's afk.

i see what you're saying it is stupid
also legendaries could be world bosses
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
i really like the ideas above a quest wher at the end the boss level is a pokemon,

i also agree that you should be able to poison and burn and sleep a pokemon all at the same time unlike the nitendo game where if u try it says that it does not effect or unable to do at this time!

Great work!
my role paying team

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
i also think dots should be stackable
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »
Stackable dots feels like overkill XD

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »
In an ideal world we could make Lugia into a 40man raid boss, and get real 3d graphics... *runs of to play wow*

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »
In an ideal world we could make Lugia into a 40man raid boss, and get real 3d graphics... *runs of to play wow*

I vote we do it. -Raises hand.-

Can my Hippowdon tank it and hold threat while everyone else DPS's? Remember, tell Blissey to keep the heals and HoT's up.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 07:12:25 AM »

Can my Hippowdon tank it and hold threat while everyone else DPS's? Remember, tell Blissey to keep the heals and HoT's up.
my sceptile can be the main dps while we have gardevoir as back up healer and main buffer

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »

my sceptile can be the main dps while we have gardevoir as back up healer and main buffer
I don't play WOW and now feel left out :(

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
i dont play wow either, i just know what to say because of my other mmorpg experience

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »
Ya you dont need to play wow to kno that.

L2 FTW baby

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »
aion for me lol