* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Something not to do  (Read 16735 times)

Offline hadeschainz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Something not to do
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:26:28 PM »
I think it would be a good idea not to implement any type of "item mall" system. As in a system that would allow players to use real life currency to buy items, experience, or something else in game. This would give people who can afford these things an advantage over other players.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:52:25 PM by hadeschainz »
If you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, they will make you their leader.

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Something not to do
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »
How is an item mail system imbalanced?? Sure you could send an item to a newbee friend, but wouldn't you be able to trade with him anyway?? The solution should be that high level items only can be used by high level trainers.

But if this wasn't what you meant please rephrase :)
-Santa

Offline hadeschainz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
No, no no no. I meant item MALL, as in being able to buy items or other things in the game with real money. Sorry, should have went a little more in depth with that thought.  ;D
If you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, they will make you their leader.

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »
oh lol my mistake xD
But I still don't see the imbalance issue.. I mean people who play more (hence more wealthy) naturally should have an advantage imo. That's how the real world works after all, those who work have more money.
-Santa

Offline hadeschainz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »
oh lol my mistake xD
But I still don't see the imbalance issue.. I mean people who play more (hence more wealthy) naturally should have an advantage imo. That's how the real world works after all, those who work have more money.
I'm still not sure you understand what I'm saying. I mean that if you can buy in-game items with real-world money, then people who have the money to buy these things have an advantage over people who do not.

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »
yeah I kinda realized that after I wrote my comment, and yet... I don't see a problem with that either xD
Donors should get benefits imo. And if it helps the developers keeping their servers running, then what's wrong with that?

I apologize but I think I'm slowly zoning in to what your thread is really about now right ??! :D
-Santa

Offline hadeschainz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 12:52:38 AM »
I don't know to be honest. I mean it would help the developers but at the same time, I would prefer a fee to play the game than to buy items or whatever with real money.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 08:10:59 PM »
I sort of agree that it makes some 'unfairness' between the players, but it was made clear that some features will be available through real money.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 07:15:35 AM »
Pu can't have an item mall, wanna know why? because that would mean that the team is making money off the game, so therefore nintendo, gamefreak would shut us down
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
Pu can't have an item mall, wanna know why? because that would mean that the team is making money off the game, so therefore nintendo, gamefreak would shut us down
But donations are allowed? What stops people from getting in game advantages for donations? Seems like a bit of a grey area to me.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:22 PM »
Not really as grey as you would think. Donating, of your own free will and without reward, is fairly standard. If we start offering things in exchange for these donations, we have done the equivalent of an equal trade. Which, by all means and standards, is us selling a product.

It may be slightly grey, but it would definitely be clear cut enough for an action to be taken.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
Item mall is especially unfair to younger players like me (13), aftee all, there's not much poke-loveing kids, that walk around with pay-pal accounts :P I would really hate to bug my parents for every bit...  :-X
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Hakurin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Blue over Green? Never!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
In some ways I do agree that an Item Mall is just overkill. However, that solely depends on what is being sold.
If anyone's ever played S4 league, I'm pretty sure you can see that those greedy bums have honestly crossed the line. Plus weapons that can instant kill? Stack-able items? I mean really?
Any-who, that's beside the point. As long as Pokemon aren't being sold, or a player having the ability to bring more Pokemon into battle, then I see no problem in it.
Pika~sneeze!!!

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO. No item mall.
Aside from the fact that pokemon is legally owned by a big company that probably loves filing copyright infringement lawsuits, there are a number of problems with an item mall.
1) Seeing as the MMO is gonna be as close to the games as possible, that means that we're going to be dealing with the same items, pokemon, etc. Nothing in the origonal game was so amazing that PU would really have any right - even if it was legal - to charge us money for it.
2) Amlost invariably, the moment an item mall is released by a small business, that small business instantly becomes greedy, and goes overkill on the item mall. I don't even PLAY runescape, and I know that they're progressively restricting more and more of the the game to the people that bought a membership.
3) And, of course, we have the lack of maturity of  the internets. Assuming an item mall is implemented and all the sudden only members can get third stage evolutions. Now about ninety percent of the game's population is running about with charmeleons instead of charizards. now the most popular phrase among upgraded players is "(insert 2nd stage evolution here) n00b". Sure, you can ignore them, but it would be really annoying if you couldn't go through the game without one in every ten players antagonizing you for not being upgraded.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 01:16:04 AM »
in case none of you have read anything of the website(which if you did this post wouldn't even exist), this game is not excepting ANY MONEY for themselves or for profit, this site is only collecting enough donations every month to only keep the servers running so we all can play the game. The PU team is working and doing this for free. Therefore there will not be a so call "item mall"
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***