* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1562458 times)

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)
« Reply #4425 on: April 20, 2011, 04:03:59 AM »
I like a lot of different kinds of science. I just like science in general. My science book teaches some Chemistry(just really basic chemistry, nothing very complicated), Geology, Life Science, and some more too. I don't remember where I put it when I was done with school today, and I don't remember the other kinds of science it teaches. It also teaches the history of science. I love Astronomy and Chemistry the most. I don't really know why I like them most. I guess I like Astronomy because space interests me, and I want to know more about the planets, stars, black holes, etc. And I like Chemistry because I think it's interesting that different solids, liquids, and gases have effects when you combine them with certain chemicals. I also like the fact that science can't prove anything, so anyone could make a discovery that could change how people look at certain types of science.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: April 20, 2011, 04:06:17 AM »
When i think of science i think of futuristic items, but my favorite subject in science is probably biology in general

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Dr Widdleguy

• Beginning Trainer
  • They call me Dr... Dr Widdleguy.
    • View Profile
    • RunePlanet
« Reply #4427 on: April 20, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »
The science's I loved was Chemistry (99% on the 3 day final. =D) mainly because it's helped me so much in my Haz-Mat classes and my favorite Botany. <3 I absolutely loved that class. I learned so much, so much that's why I have my own flower bed/garden right next to my moms. =) That's some good quality time with my mother. (Go ahead, think what you want. Call me whatever names you want in your head. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me one bit. =P)
Dr. Widdleguy: Helping Patients with *Left Overs* since 2000.

++

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: April 20, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
The science's I loved was Chemistry (99% on the 3 day final. =D) mainly because it's helped me so much in my Haz-Mat classes and my favorite Botany. <3 I absolutely loved that class. I learned so much, so much that's why I have my own flower bed/garden right next to my moms. =) That's some good quality time with my mother. (Go ahead, think what you want. Call me whatever names you want in your head. Honestly, it wouldn't bother me one bit. =P)
I don't criticize people unless they say that they do something really stupid or weird and think it's awesome. It's really not that weird that you have your own garden, because plenty of guys do. And you aren't weird for spending time with your mom, because plenty of people do that too when they're older. When they're teens, the don't want anything to do with their moms, because they think that they're unfair. I don't want anything to do with my mom because she's just a b*tch who likes to argue and piss people off. And she likes to piss me off the most. She hid the laptop just so that I couldn't use it, and I've been looking for it for days and still haven't found it.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: April 20, 2011, 04:20:14 AM »
*Silver can't hear you over the cannons he made in Physics class.

Seriously, its an amazing course. Its pretty much learning why things so what they do.

Hell, just for poops i figured out my average acceleration when tobogganing down a hill.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: April 20, 2011, 04:37:34 AM »
I don't take Physics yet, but I definitely will, just because it sounds interesting, and it's always helpful to know stuff like that.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:30 AM »
I took forensics in highschool.  It was really fun we had mock crime scenes we had to solve every other friday.  And for the final we had to figure out a complicated murder.  It was cool she got all of the other teachers in on it.  They were the suspects and we had to figure out who did it.  They were given scripts and stuff, it was awesome.  Turns out it was my 11th grade math teacher.  (I took forensics in 12th grade)

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: April 20, 2011, 06:14:45 AM »
Physics is fvcking hard.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:12 AM »
Is not.
Its fun as hell.

Where else am I going to make a potato cannon and get marks for it?
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:32 AM »
Well, at my school the only fun thing we did for Physics was safe knife throwing, where we had to compare different knives and how their COG affects how they fly..

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: April 20, 2011, 11:45:49 AM »
Physics is hard but fun at the same time i mean the teacher i had for physics used to smoke weed back in the day and probably still does as well,  he made us do yoga sometimes in his class i never cried with laughter so much in all my life well since my friend got stung by that bee.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
What bee? Your teacher is a rasta?

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: April 20, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Unfortunately my teacher was not a religious jamacian and  you know those yellow and black striped bees that collect honey they stung my friend.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
The best science has to be Physics :D
Although, some of the stuff we do now is a bit dull (Quantum energy levels, the photoelectric effect, particle wave duality, etc.)

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
I like life science the most. Particularly arthropods and anything that lives in water(not including bacteria).  But I haven't had the chance to take physics so I don't know how good it is, but it sounds pretty fun.  From what Silver and Monzta said it sounds like it all depends on your teacher because that will determine what activities you'll do.  Forensic science sounds pretty fun as well.
sup