* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1562625 times)

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)
« Reply #5145 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
I ain't trying to start anything.

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

LEAVE DECLAN ALONE

But yeah. Wire. Your on the verge of a 2 week infraction.

That is all. Move along.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:36:07 PM by Wailord »
MAN MEAT <3

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: May 17, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
So... does anyone here play Metroid?

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: May 17, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »
So... does anyone here play Metroid?
No,
now quantum physics describes that in every atom, the electrons must be either excited or relaxed. Depending on which state they're in, depends which energy level they occupy. Something must cause and electron to become excited (It can't gain energy from nowhere) thereby making it jump up an energy level. There is no inbetween, it doesn't exist. If an electron jumos down an energy level, in accordance with the conservation of energy, a particle is emitted, usually in the form of a photon. And that my friends is how we see in COLOUR!
Isn't that exciting (geddit?)

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
You sir, have an argument on your hands. You see decface physics are based of Minecraft physics, which are based off troll physics. Get your facts right
MAN MEAT <3

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »
Trolling, NO. End. of. story.

And I wish I had played at least one Metroid game.

>~Games to Get List~<

-Metroid
-Okamiden
-Scribblenauts
-Black.
-...and more.

Let's hear everyone elses "List"
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »
I just started playing the first one for the NES.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: May 17, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
Okay, now let us move onto the photoelectric effect:
When a photon of sufficient energy (in the blue to ultraviolet end of the spectrum) hits a negatively charged metal, it transfers its kinetic energy to an electron in the metal. Should enough energy be transferred, the electron will move enough to create a circuit. This is the basic principle behind solar panels. However, it should be noted that the energy of a light wave is equal to hV, (where h is Planck's constant and V is the speed of light)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: May 17, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
Big Boxxy has taken Big Boss' place as my favorite soldier.

"You ejected the first snarky comment by hand, didn't you? I see what you were trying to do, but testing a technique you've only heard about in the middle of a flame war wasn't very smart. You were asking to have your keyboard jam on you. Besides, I don't think you're cut out for a laptop in the first place; you tend to grab the monitor a little to release your rage. That's more of a desktop technique."

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
I feel like moving on to the CNS or the Central nervous system.

You see the Central Nervous system is made up of 2 things. The brain, and the spine. Now if I were too slam my finger down on the tip of a pin, the pressure receptors in the skin, would begin to send a message to my brain via the nerve cells in my body.

1. Stimuli. The stimulus is the Pin entering my finger

2. Sensory neurone. Once the sensory neurone is stimulated, a message shall be sent up my sensory neuron, before hopping across my arms synapse, by releasing emergency chemicals.

3. Relay Neurone. The chemicals have crossed the synapse into my Relay neurone, which is going to send a message to my brain, before looping down, and traversing across a secondary synapse.

4. Motor Neurone. After the "panic" chemicals have leaped across the synapse, they travel down my Motor neurone, which is connected to my digit muscles.

5. Effector. The chemicals have reached my digit muscles, which allow them to react, pulling my finger away from the pin.

This entire process is named a Reflex Ark.

That is all. For NOW
MAN MEAT <3

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: May 17, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »
Trolling, NO. End. of. story.

And I wish I had played at least one Metroid game.

>~Games to Get List~<

-Metroid
-Okamiden
-Scribblenauts
-Black.
-...and more.

Let's hear everyone elses "List"
What is Okamiden?
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:22 PM »
To solve for projectile motion if trying to find the velocity, you use the formula v2=v1t+1/2ad^2 where v1 is your initial velocity, d is your distance, t is time, and a is your acceleration. This of course is only on a singlep lain, and you have to break into trigonometry as well as maybe a little calculus to break into the second, third and fourth dimension.

But whats really fun is energy, where the formula for pretty much everytihng is Eg+Ek+w+Q+Ee+Em = Eg'+Ek'+w'+Q'+Ee'+Em' where Eg is gravitiational potential energy, Ek is kinetic energy, w is work, Q is temperature, Ee is elastic energy, and Em is magnetic energy. Just to be a little simpler, lets just use gravitiational and kinetic energy, an example of this would be Frenchfry in an elevator, and the cord snaps and the breaks fail How much energy is transferred into kinetic energy when he hits the ground from a certain height.

Since we don't have any values, we'll solve it algebraically.

Eg = mgh where m is mass, g is gravitiational constant, and h is height.
Ek = 1/2mv^2 where again, m is mass, and v is velocity
 lets see how fast he's going, or at least go asfar as possible without any values
Eg+ = Ek'
mgh = 1/2mv^2 masses cancel out so frenchfry's and the elavator's mass doesn't matter
gh = 1/2v^2 lets isolate for v^2

2gh = v^2

So, in this case, frenchfry's velocity when he crashes into the ground from a certain height will be the square root of 2 times the gravitational constant (9.8m/s^2 at ground level) multiplied by the height of his drop.

Now, if we had the spring ocnstant of his body, we oculd find how many times his corpse bounces aorund the elevator cabin on impact.

So why are we posting knowledge on this board? Not that I have a problem with it?
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: May 18, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »
To solve for projectile motion if trying to find the velocity, you use the formula v2=v1t+1/2ad^2 where v1 is your initial velocity, d is your distance, t is time, and a is your acceleration. This of course is only on a singlep lain, and you have to break into trigonometry as well as maybe a little calculus to break into the second, third and fourth dimension.

But whats really fun is energy, where the formula for pretty much everytihng is Eg+Ek+w+Q+Ee+Em = Eg'+Ek'+w'+Q'+Ee'+Em' where Eg is gravitiational potential energy, Ek is kinetic energy, w is work, Q is temperature, Ee is elastic energy, and Em is magnetic energy. Just to be a little simpler, lets just use gravitiational and kinetic energy, an example of this would be Frenchfry in an elevator, and the cord snaps and the breaks fail How much energy is transferred into kinetic energy when he hits the ground from a certain height.

Since we don't have any values, we'll solve it algebraically.

Eg = mgh where m is mass, g is gravitiational constant, and h is height.
Ek = 1/2mv^2 where again, m is mass, and v is velocity
 lets see how fast he's going, or at least go asfar as possible without any values
Eg+ = Ek'
mgh = 1/2mv^2 masses cancel out so frenchfry's and the elavator's mass doesn't matter
gh = 1/2v^2 lets isolate for v^2

2gh = v^2

So, in this case, frenchfry's velocity when he crashes into the ground from a certain height will be the square root of 2 times the gravitational constant (9.8m/s^2 at ground level) multiplied by the height of his drop.

Now, if we had the spring ocnstant of his body, we oculd find how many times his corpse bounces aorund the elevator cabin on impact.

So why are we posting knowledge on this board? Not that I have a problem with it?
Lol Silver. Right to the point. XD

@Declan... For me... at our AP Physics class, we BARELY had much time to spend over during Quantum physics and about a month about light-refraction... =/
So I do feel your pity.. ignore the rest of the dumb heads who doesn't take in your pity. ^^ I know you can get that knowledge in your head. ^^

Offline Dr Widdleguy

• Beginning Trainer
  • They call me Dr... Dr Widdleguy.
    • View Profile
    • RunePlanet
« Reply #5158 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »
In all honesty, you can take ya'lls physic and poof away with it. Lol. Pretty much made my brain go kapoot trying to read it all and understand any of it.  The only thing I can simply remember is what Wailord posted about the Central Nervous System. Win to you Wailord for posting something I could understand. Lol.

Now, lets talk about Pyrolysis. When a solid item reaches a certain temperature it starts producing vapor which in return feeds the fire. See, you aren't actually burning the material, you are simply heating it up enough to where it starts offing vapors. Hence why when you burn wood (or anything else pretty much) you get the charring affect. It's hard to see pyrolysis with the human eye but if you look close enough and the conditions are right you generally can see the material giving off the vapors.
Dr. Widdleguy: Helping Patients with *Left Overs* since 2000.

++

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:21 AM »
Now, Now, gentlemen. Lets not copy stuff from out textbooks and lets do some speed math- 3 to the second power plus 4 divided by 4 multiplied by seventy four subtracted by eleven =X now after you solve that do X to the second power. And you get?