* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1562424 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)
« Reply #5775 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Totally.

I don't likehate Black Ops.

But when you get Xbox Live back Juno friend "DarkerSou1" That's me.

Do you have XBL? Rex?
Nope, i play local only.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: July 28, 2011, 11:33:58 PM »
Oh, cool. Anyway, when did you get a 360?
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #5777 on: July 29, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »
i don't have one yet... my boss is also my friend and i go over to his house to play... when i do get my own 360 i will be playing on live.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: July 31, 2011, 03:05:28 AM »
Kewl, send me a request then! 360 is worth it.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: July 31, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »
Yeah man the xbox 360 is totally worth it.

On a side note, does anyone have The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile for the xbox arcade it's an amazing side scrolling action game, that i'm now addicted to.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: July 31, 2011, 09:36:09 AM »
Just a matter of time before the x box 360 vs the ps3 which one is better fight begins i shall start the x box 360 is crap and will be broken within 2 months.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #5781 on: July 31, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »
Just a matter of time before the x box 360 vs the ps3 which one is better fight begins i shall start the x box 360 is crap and will be broken within 2 months.

THey both are good consoles with their own ups and downs but this is how i see it PS3 wins on tech specs XBOX wins on online and exclusives. I'm a PS3 user btw 
It's over 9000!

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: July 31, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
I'm a PC man, but I prefer the controller of the PS3, so that's where I put my preference in terms of 360 vs PS3. In consoles though I prefer the Wii.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: July 31, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »
I use PC, but I own a 360 which is pretty fun. I used to be a playstation freak when I was little but suddenly they went too mainstream.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #5784 on: July 31, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »
I'm a PC man, but I prefer the controller of the PS3, so that's where I put my preference in terms of 360 vs PS3. In consoles though I prefer the Wii.

Yea that's true i also prefer the ps3 controller feel but that's because i grew up with playstation and never got used to those fat controllers. As for the wii it's fun but i hate how Nintendo ignores the online community that is why unless they get their hoopla together they will never have a solid console. They should really make a new Gamecube that isn't a joke and has the hardware to compete with ps3 and xbox ............ because they are bankrupt right now and i don't want to see Nintendo disappear i grew up with that too.
It's over 9000!

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: July 31, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »

As long as we're talking about video games...

Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and Killzone (Which I love, so STFU), all have the same fatal flaw that makes people like me frown upon them:
The multiplayer was made more important than single player. In fact, I'm reasonably certain that a majority of Call Of Duty's fanbase has never even completed the story mode of Modern Warfare 2.

When designing a video game, your heart and soul should be poured into single player, to make a game that's astonishing, tear-jerking, and infinitely replayable.

Since Metal Gear is MY game, I'll use it as an example for comparison.
When you buy Metal Gear Solid, you don't think, "Aw, I can't wait to pwn some noobs online!" You think, "I can't wait to play the story mode six times and STILL not be tired of it."

Online play: Metal Gear Online is an excellent third person shooter | Call of Duty is a great online FPS.
Fan Loyalty: MGS fans ADORE Hideo Kojima | Most CoD fans constantly bash treyarch and Infinity Ward.
Story Mode: MGS is amazing and challenging and original | CoD story mode is like a side-dish.
Story: MGS's story is so intricate that it takes like an hour to explain the basics of a fourth of it. | CoD's is just no.
Replayability: I've played MGS4 six times on four difficulties | NOBODY plays CoD story modes more than once.

TL;DR:
First Person Shooters rely on people entertaining and challenging each other, which limits the amount of fun to be had, whereas games that focus more on single player, like MGS, do it themselves, and might add a multiplayer function as a side-dish. That side-dish, interestingly, tends to be just as good - if not better - than the online for games like CoD.

Also, I don't care WHAT you say, Halo and CoD do NOT take skill. I went 15::6 the first time I ever picked up a controller and played Reach. I get about the same result when I go all Lone Ranger and use a pistol in Black Ops.
[/rant]

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: July 31, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
The WiiU (Which is a stupid name) could end up being a good console if they get the online play right this time, and they can get good games from third-party developers. Assassin's Creed could be awesome on the WiiU, and I hope they're going to/already are working on that Legend of Zelda thing I saw when I was watching E3. There are a lot of ways that the controller could be used for games, and that's probably going to be one of it's strong points. It would add a lot of variety to gameplay, and they could have more variety than the 360 or PS3. I would like to see another good Metroid game on there though, I wouldn't care whether it was a side-scrolling game or not. I just hope they don't mess up like I heard they did with Other M. I could care less about graphics though, the things that matter most to me is how good the storyline is, and how much fun the game is. Maybe Nintendo could get a Nintendo exclusive FPS, so that they're not stuck with COD ports that suck because there was almost no effort put into them. Some good RPGs would be nice too, since I haven't seen a new Final Fantasy game on the Wii for a while.

I agree with Fry, focus more on Single Player than the Multiplayer. Multiplayer is nice, but one of the things that I like best in a game is the story, and that's one of the most important things for a game to have in my opinion. I've never owned a Call of Duty game for that reason. Reach's story was good, but I saw a lot more potential for what the story could have been. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, because I love the Halo series, but the story could have been better, and I'm sure Bungie could have still given Halo good multiplayer with a better story, but companies just focus too much on multiplayer. In case you didn't understand that (which either means that you were too lazy to read all of it to try to understand it, or you're just an idiot) I'll make it simpler. Awesome storyline with multiplayer on the side> Storyline that could have been better with great multiplayer> Horibble Storyline with good multiplayer.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: July 31, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »
I actually really enjoyed the single player of MW2.  I hate Black Ops, in my opinion it was poorly polished and lacked a certain feel that I like from my Cod games.  Tryarch dropped the ball.  Though i'll really never bash Infinity Ward.  Hell, I wish they would get the rights to nazi zombies, I feel as though they would do it soooo much better.

And fry, I can see how reach and other fps don't take skill (outside of being good at aiming).  But, in Halo the shield allows a better player to recover and retaliate.  In COD you usually just die.

Also as for the focusing on single player, it's jut extremely profitable to produce a game with solid or fantastic multiplayer.  It ensures that the game will be around for a while on the main market.  Argue all you want it's simple supply and demand, the casual gamer wants kick-ass multiplayer.  Because it's something you can just jump in and out of for a few Minutes a day. (Black Ops seems to take this to heart with it's money system for upgrades, there are no challenges to unlock them but just earn enough money and bam, it's your's)

While I agree with you that a single player experience is extremely important, there is also value in a well done multiplayer.  Especially online and off line co-op (at least in my eyes)

Edit:  I also really enjoy single player games.  Especially the fallout 3 and oblivion. 
Hell, I love most games from mindless hack and slash to intricate Rts's.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:55:11 PM by Bing »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: July 31, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
But that's the thing. Metal Gear focused on single-player almost exclusively. Metal Gear Online was just an afterthought, and yet it's a solid multiplayer game missing nothing. That just goes to show you that you don't need to focus on multiplayer to make the multiplayer good. You do, however, need to focus on the singleplayer to make it work.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: July 31, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Pffft guys, stop Talking about your boring computer games, here's Declan's mid holiday update: staying at Exon_Virus' house is awesome it's like 40 degrees celcius here (summer weather back home is 10 degrees and heavy downpours). In other news I've managed to decipher the Greek alphabet and I can confirm that Greek beer Is thouroughly nommable.