* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Titles (Idea)  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Titles (Idea)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
Ofcours it's supposed to be insane to obtain, but what I meant to say is that people (atleast I do and all of my friends do :P) like to see you progress to something. For example, you need 75 consecutive wins to get "Tetsuo, The unstoppable" so you have 74 wins and then you loose, your back at zero ofc.
But if you add a 'less cool' title at 50 he (the person) at least has that, you know what i'm trying to say here? :P
Just so the long run doesn't seem worthless and gets some people demotivated.
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
Well you could incorporate both things. On your profile you could have the titles you have earned. However the profile is the kind of thing you see off line frm the game you have to really search them out it would be accessed from the score list or something. THis profile would also have stats which would dhow if you have won 74 battles which is still an achievement.
Then maybe an in game thing such as clincking on a player or shown in a battle scene would be their trainer card on it it could have an emblem like a medal without the words to clog up the car say the catchin one would be a pokeball with stars around it for each level you get to i.e 1 for 50 2 for 100 etc.
- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
How about this about the consecutive wins topic, I was wondering that having that put in a tournament of where people sign up to battle against the winner. And respectfully the entire pokemons are fully rested and restored before battle begins once again. As for spectators, I'm not sure if this part has been talked about because this would be nice to add and implant it to the game.
other than this, I don't think anything else to to keep people striving to beat the consecutive wins. This is my opinion anyways but I'd like a link if there's key phrase of "spectators".

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »
Well, concerning spectators, the PU team originally said that it will not be implemented.

See:

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,296.msg3826.html#msg3826
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
thanks Jerry. ^^
It's rather sad of no spectating but I do see the point. :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
Yes, I know... well, we can still record the battles and post them on You Tube :P though that's not very practical with the thousands of battles...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
lawls.... but one thing I'd like to ask... is there going to be a text log showing all the moves used and dmgs and everything of that single battle?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
Yes, on in your chatbox, all what happens will be showed.

For example:
Jerry's turn.
Chimchar used Scratch.
Starly used Growl.
What will Chimchar do?

You can see that in the screenshots :)

Those will not appear on other trainers' chatbox.