* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Player made clans  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Seth4Real

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Player made clans
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
[This is a merged topic for the discussion of player made clans/guilds/organisations. - Alais]

Original Post:

From the idea of team rocket etc. there could be teams or guilds.  Not a bad team of course but a group of people playing together training together for a more group focused gameplay.
   Or is this already in effect. sorry for the waste of space if it is.

Also an achievement system. For exaple, Get a pokemon to level 10, 20 etc.  log on during a pokemon universe anniversery and just stuff like that so bored players have more to do than just train and battle pokemon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:21:07 PM by Alais »

Offline Carbon

• The one who lurks.
  • Banned
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Ohai thar.
    • View Profile
    • Carbon on Twitter.
Re: Teams
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
Guilds are already going to be implemented in the game. As well as smaller teams.

Offline Shashi

• Beginning Trainer
  • *Blink...Blink...Blink*
    • View Profile
    • ShashiBlogg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:57:03 PM »
We got'cha covered, awesome stuff like this is in the plans.

Offline Seth4Real

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »
Ok thats cool.  8)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
If there are going to be guilds (not sure if this has been discussed), would it be possible to have a special guild (An organization of NPCs most likely) that would consist of the best of the best. 

An example would be kind of like the ??s in the pokemon Gameboy series. Every player (it may be impossible to do every player but maybe 10-20 a day?) randomly comes across one of these players (every so often) and battles.  These ??s wont be too too hard but the difculty could be set higher than the average NPCs around.

These random events would give trainers something to look forward to because beating them has the potential to earn rare rewards. (maybe not rare but decent rewards)

When a player's character gets to a certain level, a new set of pokemon would be used in a battle to continue to give the player something to work up to.

After finally defeating these ??s , the player could get rewards ranging from money to items to lottery tickets to pokemon etc.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:18:25 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
If there are going to be guilds (not sure if this has been discussed), would it be possible to have a special guild (An organization of NPCs most likely) that would consist of the best of the best. 

Yes this has been discussed, use the search function.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »
I like the achievment Idea.
Maybe in the form of badges from the proffessor or something?
Or maybe like a list on your pokedex?

Offline Seth4Real

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 03:43:01 AM »
It doesn't really matter to me the way it comes in.  It could be like a whole new gadget or gizmo a trainer gets along with their pokedex. :-\

Offline trevor1

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Player made clans
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
What about the idea of a player made clan.

these clans would form under the name of a certain player and then could have X number of members, but the benefit of being in a clan could lead to a clan tournament of some sort. and also once you are in a clan you would remain in it until removed by the leader.

their would be no limit on how many clans you may be a member of at once but you would only be able to enter a tournament under one clan name at a time.

for clan tournaments the players would need to be in a clan, then the leader would select a certain number of players, this number being 3, 5, 7,... (an odd number depending on the rules for the tournament)

then once the tournament starts randomly the players would be matched up against players of the opposing clan and battle each other with the basic tournament rules using x number of pokemon.

the winning clan would be decided on which ever clan wins the majority of the battles.

then the winning clan would proceed to the next level of the tournament, while the losing clan would be ejected.

also since i believe the clans should not be limited to just a few friends/players. the clans should be able to hold multiple users even if they are not singed in. this would work best with an array, or working off a friends list server (for those programmers out there).

if you have anything else to add or comments to add please don't hesitate to post. I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts about it and i hope you like the idea.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Player made clans
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »
Well, while having been briefly discussed previously, there will be a 'clan' We don't know yet how that will be called, like clan, or guild, etc.

Only high levelled trainers would be able to create a clan.

Apart from that, I don't recall anything else.

Oh, I'd like to add;
Will there be members of 'clans' who will have special privileges, like assistant, or admin (in the clan) to the creator, and perhaps others?
In some games I've played, each member has to pay a quota to the clan's 'savings'. Are you, programmers, considering that too in the game?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
Will there be members of 'clans' who will have special privileges, like assistant, or admin (in the clan) to the creator, and perhaps others?
In some games I've played, each member has to pay a quota to the clan's 'savings'. Are you, programmers, considering that too in the game?
Yes. But it will be more like leader and vice-leader. It will of course be possible to create other ranks for the clan, but they will not have special privileges. Also if you want a "payment" it will be completely up to the leader, it's not like we have to (or are going to) build something special for that. It will just be an agreement between the leader and the member.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
I was specially asking this because you (as the whole team) stated that the apartment will be expensive. A little 'support' from the members would help. Of course, no unfairness on newbies. I think, if I were to be a leader, I'd take something like 5% of their money, and pay the rest myself. Or some other better system perhaps.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

USE THE FREAKING SEARCH FUNCTION PEOPLE!!

Unlocked after merge.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:21:37 PM by Alais »
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline liljoshuRAWR

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Guilds
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »
How about the ability to form guilds and have guild battles, share exp. and do quests together. I feel this will keep people playing as they will make frends while playing the game. Thankyou for reading this :)

Edited for poor writing -Alais

Further edit - I don't seem to be able to find a thread exclusively about guilds, it seems that it has been discussed in some detail but only off-topic in other threads. I won't lock this til someone finds a suitable existing topic.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:11:35 PM by Alais »

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 12:23:02 PM »
guilds doing quests together? isnt this kinda... ehm... groupquests? i guess they will be implemented;-) doesnt matter you do them with guildmates/other guilds.

guild battles? since there are no kinda 'battlegrounds', why do you need guildbattles? Or do you mean a special statistic-center where the fights between 2 guilds are written on?
"Call me Tom."