* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Breeding.  (Read 19193 times)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Breeding.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 03:33:14 AM »
Back on topic, will there be more than one breeding center?

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 06:49:04 AM »
Would there be a kind of timer on the egg hatching process or something that'll let us know when it'll hatch? Also I'm curious will there be a family tree that players can go to their pokedex to see, like what pokemon breeding lead to certain moves or traits?
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline KaMaK

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 04:55:37 AM »
I think the parents idea is a good one, but the extra slot isnt...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 05:01:59 AM »
I think the parents idea is a good one, but the extra slot isnt...
Please elaborate.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »
If you guys are confused about this whole breeding boost and effects, check out psypokes.com. They have guides on pretty much everything pokemon, including breed tutor moves, ev's and natures. From what i read, the boost does come from the parents as an "inheritance" not when they are in the party. it all depends on the parents moves, stats, nature, and ability.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »
If you guys are confused about this whole breeding boost and effects, check out psypokes.com. They have guides on pretty much everything pokemon, including breed tutor moves, ev's and natures. From what i read, the boost does come from the parents as an "inheritance" not when they are in the party. it all depends on the parents moves, stats, nature, and ability.

Thats nice, but Read the first post, He knows That, The problem is, The offspring are wrong

Would there be a kind of timer on the egg hatching process or something that'll let us know when it'll hatch? Also I'm curious will there be a family tree that players can go to their pokedex to see, like what pokemon breeding lead to certain moves or traits?

Not Time. Steps
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Daedrin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 02:19:50 AM »
The parents idea sounds logical, as long as its only for the first few levels, what I'd like to see though are slots for eggs, so you can hatch them while still having your team of 6 with you

Offline DrPinkies

• Beginning Trainer
  • IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!! pew pew...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
I personally think the idea islogical, but redundant.  If its only for the first few levels (I.E 1-5) then the "boost" doesent make much since, as you would not use that pokemon for anything rather important (I.E and PvP, NPC, Gym Leader battle).

I'm not saying it isnt a cool idea though, it would be nie to see in a later updated version of the game, not in the beta public version, I don't want anything unnecissary to stall it :P

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 03:28:18 AM »
I personally think the idea islogical, but redundant.  If its only for the first few levels (I.E 1-5) then the "boost" doesent make much since, as you would not use that pokemon for anything rather important (I.E and PvP, NPC, Gym Leader battle).

I'm not saying it isnt a cool idea though, it would be nie to see in a later updated version of the game, not in the beta public version, I don't want anything unnecissary to stall it :P

Less big words, more correct spelling.

Offline DrPinkies

• Beginning Trainer
  • IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!! pew pew...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 04:05:44 AM »

Less big words, more correct spelling.

Sorry, I am buyin a new keyboard this week, some of the keys are in bad shape :/

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »
How would it be redundant, anyway?
Redundant: (Adj), repetative, and dull from it.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 12:46:34 AM »
No... only 6 Pkmn per team, shame on you for asking of more xD
( And there would be another slot in your bag or something to keep the parents so you wouldnt have to keep it in your team the whole time. )
And in that slot it won't be able to fight, it just encourages the baby pokemon. It's a different slot so it WONT add to the team.

Thinking back, when Ash was carrying that Larvitar egg in the Johto league series, didn't he have 6 Pokemon with him besides that? o.O
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
If one player leaves a pokemon in a daycare and another player leaves in their pokemon who would get the egg?

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
No... only 6 Pkmn per team, shame on you for asking of more xD
( And there would be another slot in your bag or something to keep the parents so you wouldnt have to keep it in your team the whole time. )
And in that slot it won't be able to fight, it just encourages the baby pokemon. It's a different slot so it WONT add to the team.

Thinking back, when Ash was carrying that Larvitar egg in the Johto league series, didn't he have 6 Pokemon with him besides that? o.O

That's not the only thing the anime does that the games don't.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
If one player leaves a pokemon in a daycare and another player leaves in their pokemon who would get the egg?
I don't think two people can breed their pokemon in the daycare without someone trading to the other person. They would be the ones to decide who keeps the egg.