* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Ps3 Or 360?  (Read 8126 times)

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
Ps3 Or 360?
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:36:24 AM »
Kinda been having a discussion in the halo thread that revolves around the ps3 and 360. Now which on do you prefer? Please say why you prefer the one you picked, like gameplay, reliability and the works.

I would make a poll but it seems i can't, so just type at the start of your post which one you prefer.

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Ps3 Or 360?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:30:59 AM »
Just a small note for this topic.

Please don't start a flamewar!, only reply when you have something good to contribute to this topic. When we see this topic is not a discussion anymore it will be locked.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:40 AM »
Just a small note for this topic.

Please don't start a flamewar!, only reply when you have something good to contribute to this topic. When we see this topic is not a discussion anymore it will be locked.

Also, give a valid reason for why you prefer one console to the other. The thread will also be locked if it comes down to, "I like it better cuz." "Nuh uh!" "Uh huh!"

Discussion, theory, improvements a system could make, etc. are all good starting points for a healthy thread.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:54:23 AM by Raikt »
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline maxj123

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »
well i think ps3 because sure xbox has great online play and sure they might have a little better graphics ps3 has blue-ray they have free onlineplay and you can get on the internet free they have alot of good games that xbox doesnt have and xboxs crash alot and ps3s dont :P ;D

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »
On the 360's side though, theres alot more game exclusives that people have heard of and are generally excited for. 2 of such are the halo series and Fable. Two very high selling games. Also alot of PS exclusives have branched out onto multi console due to them not selling on the PS3. Final Fantasy, major name for the playstation 1 & 2. 360 also have the edge in price, more games and the such. I can't say i know alot about the ps3, only rumors which most of which came from people who haven't played a PS3 in their lives. Blu ray is still new in this world, and a wider range of people still use dvd over blu ray. DVD has been proven reliable, and people have settled with it.

Still over all the PS3 has the advantage with pure power giving it faster loading times, a higher limit for graphics and sound. Around half of the tech inside of a PS3 is used in the games, while the xbox being older, and uses older tech, uses up to 3/4's of its total processing power. Although new games are being released to both sides, none of them  are pushing the limits of either console. For online play, xbox has advantage. Sure you have to pay to play. But theres a good reason for that, the money they make by charging gamers to use xbl, they can make improvements, and updates are released frequently. And new features, such as game room, are being released.

I think that the xbox will be the best console over all, but i haven't used a PS3 yet so i really can't say. But when i do, then i'll make a comparison. Those are my thoughts.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
I prefer ps3, not only because it has free online play, but also because of one of the main reasons people buy ps3s, littleBig planet. it is very fun.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »
I'm not going to be biased here and bash the 360, because I honestly don't own one, and since my wallet is kinda empty right now, it'll probably stay that way for a while. :(
I was getting sick of the Wii, so I decided to go for one of the bigger consoles. I also wanted to get all I could out of what I knew would cost a bundle, so it came down to just use and longevity for me.

I've heard sooooo many horror stories about the 360 breaking down. I know someone who's on their FIFTH 360! I dunno about all you guys, but I really can't afford to replace a system that many times, and warrant always seems to run out right before you need to. I hadn't heard about too many problems with the PS3 though, so that was a huge factor.

The PS3 also had BluRay, which I thought would be a nice bonus since I'm spending all this money anyway. 360 had obviously better online, but I'm really not the type to play online all day; more of just a single player long RPG guy really. Also, I had read that FFXIII had been created with only the PS3 in mind, and was only being ported to 360, so being a huge FF fan, that counted for something.

So yeah, chose the PS3 in the end, haven't had a single problem or regret. Might seem silly that I didn't look at the library's too much, but I really can't afford to shell out 65$+ for a game that often. I only tend to buy what I've been looking forward to for a long time (like FFXIII).

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
I'm not going be a stupid fan boy who doesn't know what he's talking about (Shoot me if I ever do that), I'm just going to list some good things about a Ps3.

-Games Like Little Big Planet, and other Ps3 exclusives (MAG)
-Graphics quality
-Sound system
-Free Online

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
I really don't say which one even though i HAD an xbox360 and right now I have a ps3, they like equal each other

Its really about the games that come out for them
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:20 PM »
Agreed. A good console is nothing without good games. As i said, neither one of them have reached thier limits.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »
I say PS3. The 360's contoller is kinda bulky and shaped weird, so I have a hard time doing much running and shooting in Halo. PS3 is also the best Blu-Ray player that money can buy, which also makes it the best DvD player out there. Aside from that, the 360 dosen't have  Metal Gear 3 or 4 on it, which are the best two in my opinion, and it will probably stay that way after Five comes out.
Littlebig Planet is also a major hitter here, being that it is a pimped out mofo', and I can totally get lost in it for hours on end when I'm working on a groundbreaker. I really don't see what makes the 360's online play any better than PS3's - they seem the same, aside from the epic free-ness of the PS3's.
Asthetically speaking, the PS3 also has the 360 beat.The 360 looks like an older, clunkier version of the Wii, while the newer model of the PS3 looks all pimped out and sleek and whatnot.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 02:36:33 AM »

I've heard sooooo many horror stories about the 360 breaking down. I know someone who's on their FIFTH 360! I dunno about all you guys, but I really can't afford to replace a system that many times, and warrant always seems to run out right before you need to. I hadn't heard about too many problems with the PS3 though, so that was a huge factor.

Note: The horror stories are just scare tactics used by most people to start console wars. Me, and every friend I know that owns a 360, have had the same one since launch day. In fact, the only thing I've changed is the HDD.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 02:51:05 AM »
Yes mine did break but all you have to do is send it to Microsoft if you have the Red Rings of Death. I sent mine off today. But I prefer the 360 because first of all much better games (in my opinion). "But the PS3 has better graphics" so what, a game is not about graphics a game is about quality and how fun it is and like I said the Xbox360 has much better games. "the PS3 lets you make much better looking avatars!" Yea and the 360 does too but they don't take a day to make! They are simple yet they have arms and necks (no offense Wii I still play you too!) "But my PS3 plays Blu-Ray so hahaha" Wow well my 360 plays regular movies that don't cost that much money, a movie is a movie Blu-Ray does the same thing it just looks a little better. "Well my PS3 has Playstation Network where I can get Demos, Wallpapers and more!" Oh yeah you get one level long Demos and pretty pictures to look at when you get on your PS3 oh and the 360 has that too! I could go on but you get my point. My opinion is the 360 is better, but you know, I also like playing a little PS3 and you can like what you like its fine with me.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 03:57:19 AM »

Note: The horror stories are just scare tactics used by most people to start console wars. Me, and every friend I know that owns a 360, have had the same one since launch day. In fact, the only thing I've changed is the HDD.

Yeah, that could be it. Like I said, I've never had any hands on experience, so I can't claim all the stories were true, except for the one friend I mentioned.

But on another related note, anyone have the new 360 Slim that was announced a little while back? I heard it was supposed to be way more durable and reliable than the old model, which would be great if it's actually true.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
I will get that, maybe at chirstmas. But from the stories i've heard, its alot more reliable, smaller and the best part is that when you play the game, you can actually hear it without having to have your tv volume up. It's ment to be so much quieter. A note on the 360 constantly breaking down, im on my 3rd 360, and the first two broke due it acciental damage, neither one died due to electronic faults.