* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?

Mew
14 (50%)
Arceus
8 (28.6%)
Other
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 29, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

Author Topic: Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?  (Read 28613 times)

Offline pacjap432

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »
Mew can know any move possible, but Arceus has the highest stats of any Pokemon 

it is a hard question: Who is better Mew or Arceus?

( or another because there are many other good Pokemon so please include it in a comment)
The terrifying transformation...

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »
Absol. No doubt.
After that, Togekiss..

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 06:09:47 PM »
Both are incredibly diverse, but I give the award of best Pokemon ever to Arceus, just 'cause he's a god and can kill us all if we say differently.

But really, Arceus truly is a competitive god. I can't even begin to explain how much people could rape with him if he was actually accepted in battles, and there's a good reason he's not. He's just so unpredictable, and with those monstrous stats, you have very little chance of actually preparing the right way for him. I mean, at least you know what TYPE Mew is going to be when you go up against it. With Arceus you just plain don't know. 

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:27:34 PM »
i dont know much about the newer generations, im a lil out of date when it comes to pokemon, but i st5ill love it and im trying to catch up, but for now i would have to say mew
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »
As soon as pokemon said Arceus was god, I made a gigantic conspiracy theory of the cristian church for fun.

Arceus was god, and since Mew was supposed to be the original pokemon then he was a jesus.
Mewtwo was the antichrist and Giratina was satan.

My religion teacher got somewhat upset when I claimed thats what actually happened and the christians just changed what they looked like and killed all of the pokemon. It turned into a giant class joke just to mess with the teacher.

Needless to say I was sent down to the office for "conspiring against the religion of the school" or something like that.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
As soon as pokemon said Arceus was god, I made a gigantic conspiracy theory of the cristian church for fun.

Arceus was god, and since Mew was supposed to be the original pokemon then he was a jesus.

My religion teacher got somewhat upset when I claimed thats what actually happened and the christians just changed what they looked like and killed all of the pokemon. It turned into a giant class joke just to mess with the teacher.

Needless to say I was sent down to the office for "conspiring against the religion of the school" or something like that.
But.. It's not a joke..
This is the real deal, Pokemon isn't just a kid's game!

Offline guts120

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
the fact is, arceus is just better than mew because it can't stand up to other ubers, and arceus is just awesome as any type ( mine is a ghost, but he could be a good steel or something)

Also arceus is a very common uber, where as mew isnt.

ALSO, serebii.net said arecus is 'the jack of all trades, king of them too' whereas with mew, it said ' it just can't stand up to the ubers high standards'

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
Mew is the Very best baton passer out there, however, which is why it is considered uber.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
I like Umbreon for a baton Passer. Pass on max calm minds to Porygon-Z with Ice Beam, Tri Attack, Dark Pulse, and HP fighting that is holding choice scarf..

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »
Yeah, but mew is faster and can learn tons of better stat enhancing moves than umbreon, like Amnesia, Nasty Plot, Bulk Up, and Rock Polish. Therefore, Mew is a much better Baton Passer. Mew also has access to Transform.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Gunnerfails

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »
Arceus because he has the highest stats of any Pokemon

Offline Goku

• Beginning Trainer
  • White Lucario is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
Arceus is better because he have all atributes and what atak he will take is not very evective

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
Mew can learn all the attacks in the game, and it's stats are only slightly less than mewtwo, my favorite legendary - except for mew's speed, which is way higher than any other pokemon I've had. And since mew was in the first pokemon movie, and the only I ever saw, when I was six, that makes it automatically awesome. Arceus looks like a horse that someone skinned and ran over with a pickup truck.

And since the christian god killed every living being on the planet with a flood, I have it out for that one. Unless Arceus hacks its way into the first pokemon movie, un-uglies itself, and happens to actually be Buddha or something, I'm going with mew.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

Interesting, I never thought of Pokemon like that... But, you have a strong point.
By that, I stick with Mewtwo  :P
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
Well, this is kind of a hard decision I like both of them. Mew has isn't good points about the fact that it is fast, it can learn any move and it can be a very useful pokemon if it is raised right. But then we have Arceus, it is also good with speed and its' attacks , both mew and arceus have their weaknesses. Even though areceus is supposed to be a god. If you look at the pokemon stats it is clear which is the better pokemon out of the two.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/

So, I guess Arceus is the stronger pokemon
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika
(")_(") into your profile to help her gain world domination!