* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Battle scarred pokemon and fusion attacks  (Read 6071 times)

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Battle scarred pokemon and fusion attacks
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
Battle scarred pokemon. It's pretty basic.
I'm not sure how it would work. Perhaps you could only catch them that way, but then again what's to say your pokemon couldn't get battle scarred battling with you.

However, I shall still say the idea.
Battle scarred pokemon would be kind of like shiny pokemon, but instead be battle scarred.
I mean it wouldn't be much. It'd be like a cut up, badass, Onyx where his rocks are chipped and cut from previous fights.

There's also be like the Marowak face having a huge gash, and his bone club being slightly chipped.

Although I wouldn't want this to all pokemon, probably the more fighter/agressive ones, but then again at the same time it would mean you'd have to create them as well.
Oh well I just thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Fusion attacks:

I have no clue how this would work. Yet I could see moves like

Agility + Double team = This would lead to your pokemon moving so fast to where, literally, he'd be a damn blur.

Quick attack + Psycho cut = Holy poop-super fast-psycho cut anyone?

Quick attack + Double team + Night slash + Psycho cut = Ahem.....I do believe I'm everywhere hitting you.

But no, seriously, I could seriously see moves being combined from your own pokemon. Nothing like flame thrower and flame wheel, because that doesn't make sense. Something more like

Bounce + Fire punch = Meteor punch?

I mean basic stuff that, when used in conjunction, could make some deadly stuff. Obviously not all moves can combine, and I have no clue how it'd work. I just thought I'd suggest it.

This also reminds me of another idea: Follow up attacks.

Like doing firepunch into flame thrower.
I mean if you just decked a pokemon in the face, and he's right next to you since your fist is indeed attached to your body, who's to say you can't blast him away right there? Why wait?
This would implement a more realistic, and more versatile, field into which trainers could fight.

I'm pretty sure no one is going to like either of those ideas, because it breaks away from the reality of previous games, but I kind of like the idea if the mmo was less "turn based" and more the show. Where they had a guy get his water and fire type and cause a tornado of destruction. Granted, that move didn't make sense because of the fact it's water against fire which would just cause steam, but still it shows that it is possible, and I believe if done right it could be epic.

Ignore it if you wish. I'm just tossing out my 2 cents.

Ignore this one if you want but

Basic attacks
Ok this one is standard.
Think about it: "Pikachu forgot tackle"
What the f.... You forgot tackle?
You, seriously, forgot how to run into a pokemon and hit it with your body with no natural abilities added.

See "I forgot how to sit" from family guy for more deails.
But no, seriously, should some moves always be with you, and unable to be forgotten? I mean the ones that are basic like slam, and tackle, and headbutt. Not moves like zen-headbutt, of course, because that move is more then basic. Yet attacks that take no skill, take no element, take nothing but you jumping on the enemy with nothing special added should be always there.

You can say "What's the point of it" and all I can say is "It makes more sense." seeing how forgetting how to tackle is like forgetting how to run.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Battle scarred pokemon and fusion attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
Battle scarred pokemon might be to much work, although I like the idea of combination attacks.
Combined with this http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,906.0.html, it could be quite intresting.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:00:25 PM by rarrl »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
If it were only with a select few pokemon, I think battle scars would be a nice touch, and not *too* much work, it it's just a small edit. I've always imagined having a charizard with three big gashes going down it's belly. Maybe they'd also alter the stats of the pokemon slightly, like is a marowak was missing an eye, it would raise evasion - because it really doesn't want to get hit again - and lowers accuracy - he's missing an eye, durrr.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
~Love the scarred poke' idea.

~Don't see the fusion attacks being implemented. It would begin to get too confusing and over-powering as the game reaches it's endgame.

~As for the forgetting/not forgetting suggestion, it's been raised a few times.

Not sure if the PU team really wants to deviate from the GBA games too much, but if the move relearner is implemented, it would make the decision on whether or not to forget a particular move somewhat easier.

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »
I really like the scarred pokemon idea, but i don't know about the fusion attacks...
sup

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »
Man, this brings up memories of DBZ commercials back in the day.

"New Battle scarred Goku!"

"He can preform fusion attacks with vegeta, to defeat evil!"

I feel old now.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »
Well I also agree that combination, and follow up moves, might be a little overpowered. Then again, in my opinion, that's only if you make it incorrectly.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of way it can be put in that won't make it OP, but that would require a bit of thinking. Maybe even reworking, and that sounds pretty tedious.
Not to mention you'd have to think about how every pokemon fights, and how every pokemons move could combine with another move which is like adding a whole other move-set with every pokemon.

Still, though, I thought it'd be a cool concept. It'd make you feel like you're more in the world of pokemon.  Because I know, if I was a trainer, I'd do crap people never even thought of. This being one of them.

Not to mention this would really add a "unique" factor into each pokemon. Which would be a nice touch imo.

Also: I kinda like what FrenchFry said.
How depending on the battle wound it would up one, and down one, stat. Almost like a nature somewhat.
It'd make sense, and I'm all for making sense.

Sense. Cents. Change...Real change.

Also:
Man, this brings up memories of DBZ commercials back in the day.

"New Battle scarred Goku!"

"He can preform fusion attacks with vegeta, to defeat evil!"

I feel old now.

I chuckled.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:23:08 PM by Quote »

Offline Zyrow

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:45 AM »
I think the follow-up moves could work like this:

Infernape use flame wheel on Onix.
Onix flinches (or something like that because flame wheel doesn't flinch pokemon)
Infernape follows up with a fire punch that does more damage because it followed a flame wheel.

As far as the battle scars go, I don't think that would work considering that only certain pokemon would look cooler with them, and everybody probably has their own opinions as to which ones.
Rock, Paper, Scizor is a  broken game. Bullet Punch is super effective against rock and paper.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »
As far as the battle scars go, I don't think that would work considering that only certain pokemon would look cooler with them, and everybody probably has their own opinions as to which ones.
Sort of like not all shiny pokemon look better? The battle scarring would just be a variation of shiny, which is being included in the game.
Besides, if you don't like the battle scars, then don't catch a scarred pokemon.

Offline Zyrow

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 05:44:29 AM »
How would you go about battle scarring a ghost pokemon like haunter?
Rock, Paper, Scizor is a  broken game. Bullet Punch is super effective against rock and paper.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »

Emotional scarring; not as easily visible, but just as satisfying.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

Emotional scarring; not as easily visible, but just as satisfying.
This reminds me of how slick the theives were in Disgaea. They were so could at stealing that they could steal immaterial things like optimism and anger... and emotionally scarring memories.
Anyways... I actually think emotional scarring would work on haunter. Since the whole of his evolution stages revolve around being a ghost with the Awesome Face, you could just make them more.... depressed, like ghosts are supposed to be. They're DEAD, dammit!

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 05:12:06 AM »
I have an idea about the scarring, after your pokemon reaches a certain level say 80 or 90 (This would still keep them pretty rare because it takes alot of work to get a pokemon to that high a level) , you can choose from a few different scars your pokemon could have like you could decide whether they have a missing eye or a scar across the face, only a few for each but that way if somebody doesn't like the way one scar looks they could choose a different on, or they could choose not to get a scar at all if they don't like any of that scars or don't want the stat change they don't have to get it.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
There could be an NPC, like some old guy, that would, when your pokemon wuld rech certain high level and have maximum happiness say like 'Oh, this must be a tough pokemon! It might be scarred. Do you see the scar, where is it? My old eyes are giving up on me... And than you choose beetween
-Oh, yes, I can see it, it's... (from here on, you choose the area - if that would be possible)
-No, I can't see one, you must be wrong.

That way we could choose between haveing or not haveing or haveing a ascar on your pokemon. You could allso scar as many pokemon as you would want to, that NPC would just see scars all over again.
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.