* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: my maps for PU  (Read 9534 times)

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: my maps for PU
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
:-\ lol i don't see any mistakes

I'll point those out for you. It might take an hour or two

as for sayit it only has 3 layers, most pokemon maps have 3 layers!!! do your research!

He said three tiles. Not layers.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
The wooden barriers are not good. Each tile horizontal tile you used contains a bit of vertical barrier.
The grass is overlapping some trees.
The trees are not good. Some have even been ripped apart!

Correct your work, put some more variety of tiles, etc.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »
:-\ lol i don't see any mistakes

I'll point those out for you. It might take an hour or two

As promised; (I didn't count them)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:38:24 PM by Kamaran »
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
lol you have way to much time on your hands,
my role paying team

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 11:57:15 PM »
More importantly!

Do you see your mistakes and are you going to fix them?

Offline tomgregory200

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »
I will and I thank you for you time, however I'm going to hospital tomorrow for an op, so it will have to wait
my role paying team

Offline theunkn0wns

• Beginning Trainer
  • The Joker says: Gotta Catch 'Em All.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
Wow you guys aren't the nicest people ever, he's just trying to show you his maps yea they have multiple mistakes but no need to bash him for it.

As for the maps they do need some fixing up you might wanna add a little more of a challenge to the maze its kinda plain and looks easy to get through. You might also want to check over the borders of the map like the tree with a patch of grass over it, and fix any other mistakes you find. Good luck  :)   
Not even KittEon can figure this damn cube out!

http://p1cture.me/images/75714499051523323538.png

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
Wow you guys aren't the nicest people ever, he's just trying to show you his maps yea they have multiple mistakes but no need to bash him for it.

As for the maps they do need some fixing up you might wanna add a little more of a challenge to the maze its kinda plain and looks easy to get through. You might also want to check over the borders of the map like the tree with a patch of grass over it, and fix any other mistakes you find. Good luck  :)   

It's true that we are not nice 100% of the time, but who is? In this instance, it is just poor luck that it looks so bad. I, for example, laughed at Kamaran's joke, and also asked people to explain why it wasn't a good map, since I can't, because I don't know how (I didn't say any of the mistakes Kamaran pointed out).

As for everyone else, it may be a cop-out answer, but we see people trying to do stuff like this all the time, and it tests our patience; we are all merely trying to have a few lols while we deal with them.

The best thing to do is not take our comments as insults; in most cases, it's not the individual that we don't like. Take what we say as a strange form of humor, and then learn from the feedback we give in addition.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 05:33:14 AM »
I have teh humor. Spirit has teh lulz. Together, we form! Eh, I have no clue. But damn is it ugly.

Seriously, though. As spirit said, we actually (well, in mine and Kamaran's case) gave advice and ways to fix it as well. It's not a horrible map, trust me. I could show you some. But, it's passable at best. So, what's the best way to improve? Have others judge your work.

If it came off as insulting, that wasn't the intent. At least for me. I can't speak for everyone else.

But yeah. I'm not nice most of the time. I think we've been over this in IRC.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »

And... wouldn't you want a nearly flawless game? If so, that may be also why the team is trying to put high standards.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline theunkn0wns

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 08:32:32 AM »

And... wouldn't you want a nearly flawless game? If so, that may be also why the team is trying to put high standards.

Ok you win yea the map's terrible. You have a point you wouldnt want that in the game.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
What bother me a bit with map is, that it looks plain. There's just grass in the maze, no pokeball-looking things that turn out to be items, no bushes, no small, maybe even cut trees...

But it's still a good map, I've seem worse, trust me.
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline theunkn0wns

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
What bother me a bit with map is, that it looks plain. There's just grass in the maze, no pokeball-looking things that turn out to be items, no bushes, no small, maybe even cut trees...

But it's still a good map, I've seem worse, trust me.

Yea i know what you mean i've seen maps way worse than this before.