* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Alternate Training  (Read 7753 times)

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Alternate Training
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
I think instead of using Carbo, Iron, ect. to bring up Strength, Agillity ect. you should be able to go to a man who is willing to give your pokemon special training for a price, and then when your do this it would start a minigame to train the stats, (Ex. To train a Pidgy in Accuracy you use the mouse to guide it through rings.) and the more times you train that stat the harder the minigame gets, because it never made sense to me how just feeding your pokemon somthing would improve its stats.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
  • Aw... I have to walk to a stupidly far store... :/
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Training
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:37:19 AM »
That's--...! Not that bad actually... And for Speed they run a track, like something from the Pokemon Stadium Mini-game where you run a track and jump over obstacles as a Rattata...
Could you click my links daily?

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:50:16 AM »
Mini games have been discussed, and the general consensus is that they would be awesome, but very time consuming to make. Just think of all the sprites and such that go into that. Not to mention, it sounds like you are proposing different mini games for each stat, and having them also depend on the pokemon you're using.

I would like to point out, however, that those do make sense; they are essentially vitamins, and vitamins have varying effects on the body, depending on the one you take. Consuming certain nutrients will grow your body in certain ways; dairy increases your bone structure (defense), proteins give you more energy to perform tasks (attack).

Offline Kayn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
If You Decided On The Mini Game Would Be Easier If You Use Something Say A Circle To Identify The Pokemon Instead Of Worrying About Getting All The Sprites. The Person Doing The Training Doesn't Need To See A Visiual Of The Pokemon Really. Would Cut The Work Down On The Mini Games To Being Much Easier And Less Straining. Just My 2 Cents Though.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
i like this idea, something to be implemented later on when PU gets running and everything. I dont think it should be bothered to be made right now because yes it is time consuming. I would still like to see this kind of thing in the game though, sounds interesting and maybe find a way of it not being overpowered.

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »
Well the mini-games themselves wouldn't make any pokemon more overpowered than what I recomended they replace.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »
Giving your Pokemon Iron, Carbos, Protein, etc. Only raises their EVs, and there is a maximum EV amount. All these items do is speed up EV training, and there will be no EVs in Pokemon Universe.
How will you create an alternative for something that isn't relavent to PU?
I'm not saying you have a bad idea, I'm just raising more questions

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/11/12/eric-cartman-is-simply-asking-questions-glenn-beck-style/ I'm just asking questions!

Yeah, you're post reminded me of that.
Alternative EV training doesn't work in this instance, yes, but it's definately not a terrible idea.
Oh well, it happens.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »
Well I remember reading that EV's weren't going to be in the game, (but I had no idea what those where.)
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:21 AM »
I Would like to build off of Robinson's Idea.

Instead of Training via Mini Games, How about a Day-Care -Type System, That Doesn't Raise EVs, (As that would be point less) But the Individual Stats Themselves. (To a certain Extent, of course.)

What You do, is talk to the NPC, Then he'll Ask you What Stat to Train.

After a While, You Come back, The Amount that the Paticular Amount Increases, Determines the Amount you pay.

There should also be an Instant-Trade-off System for Stats, (IE: Trade Sp.Def -> Def) Again, to an extent. Like 2-5 times a Stat
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
After a While, You Come back, The Amount that the Paticular Amount Increases, Determines the Amount you pay.
You should also be able to opt out of the service at this point, just in case it's getting too pricey. Imagine iff you needed to spend 1,000,000 poke to get your pokemon back, just because you accidentally left it in there all week. It would be like getting your pokemon stolen by a computer program.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
Well, about the day care, I use them only for breeding... but since PU will be probably using talent trees instead of EVs... I don't know how this would end up... whether the raised pokemon (through DayCare) will still have the bonuses provided to the trained pokemon to the same extent...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
You should also be able to opt out of the service at this point, just in case it's getting too pricey. Imagine iff you needed to spend 1,000,000 poke to get your pokemon back, just because you accidentally left it in there all week. It would be like getting your pokemon stolen by a computer program.

Actually, I said it should be limited Preventing:

-Overpaying
-Super High Stats
-Ubers
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »
I think the daycare should only keep leveling them till they reach the last level need for the final evolution, because other than breeding what good is the daycare except for getting the pokemon you don't want to train yourself so they will evolve to fill your pokedex.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
But I said Day-Care-Type System.

Meaning the pokemon stay there, but instead of getting Exp, They get Stat Training