* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Whats with the new Pokemon Sprites?  (Read 10277 times)

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Thats my greedy Sableye v.v I love him =']
    • View Profile
Whats with the new Pokemon Sprites?
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
Seriously o.o does anyone else think that the new pokemon sprites are lame? here have a look for does of you who havent seen it
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Seriously pokemon 532-534 is an exact copy of machop,machoke,machamp
599-601 looks like a squashed magnemite, and seriously 538 and 539 they look tough but weirdly drawn xD and whats up with that weird emo pokemon on 607... o.o the only pokemon i like here was the first one.. Whats yours and what do you think about the new sprite?

P.S. I just read that in Pokemon Black and White your evil, you have to stop team Plasma (unlike other team this one wants to do good and intend to stop what they perceive the slavery of Pokémon caused by trainers)

So now i think the game will be kinda kewl now that your evil =0   so what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:51:23 AM by Dexwin »

Flyggy, Sharpblade, Irongross, Darkness, Scepty , Terrabyte, Twigy

Plasmie, Chupacabra, Frogger ,Darkness, Aotsuki , Croco

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Re: Whats with the new Pokemon Sprites?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
Jeez. Just. Everything horrible. Just stop making new Pokémon already. I never thought I'd say Gen IV looks awesome compared to V.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
Yes I know, They should of made something more like all 4 regions together starting from Kanto or something =\

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Yes indeed, that sure would be godly. For the Wii or something.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:47:26 PM »
#616 and #589 seem to be related...

And why are reshiram and Zekrom sandwiched between those three ugly pokemon who are Torunerosu, Borutorosu and Randorosu?  >:(
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Ryan Matthews

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »
Oh c'mon... another fire/fighting type starter?
We don't have plenty of those do we?

They're going really overboard with the fighting types this generation... Christ.

I love the Yorkshire terrier Pokémon with a huge moustache.
Also I like the electric/bug combo...

The Pokéball mushroom is the most unoriginal thing Nintendo has ever come up with...
Jesus...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:37:14 PM by Ryan Matthews »

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »
Baffuron 626 looks like a hippie from the 70's and Kirikizan 625 looks like a Power Ranger

and ok? i didnt see this.. Electric with levitate o.0... Flying/Ground and FLying Electric =0 Fire/Bug wtf? now mostly all new pokemons have a weakness...

and Ryan i agree.. they are alot of fighting pokemons and the Fire/Fighting is getting over rated >.>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:02:19 PM by Dexwin »

Offline Ryan Matthews

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
There are a few decent Pokémon there though, I like the Water/Rock tortoise and the Luvdisc evolution doesn't look too bad.
I'm also beginning the think the grass-starter's final evolution looks quite cool.
Electric with levitate + electric/flying types are an epic fail.

I love my Flying types... they don't seem too terrible actually.. there's also a pure flying-type legendary. That's a first. Very interesting...

Also... I know all generations have a trio of legends... but these are... genies?
The hell?

Also, the very last one has a cannon on its head...  ???

They just don't seem like Pokémon to me.

EDIT: #607 Hitomoshi AKA Emo Candle is officially the cutest thing ever.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:40:09 PM by Ryan Matthews »

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:14:59 AM »
There are a few decent Pokémon there though, I like the Water/Rock tortoise and the Luvdisc evolution doesn't look too bad.
I'm also beginning the think the grass-starter's final evolution looks quite cool.
Electric with levitate + electric/flying types are an epic fail.

I love my Flying types... they don't seem too terrible actually.. there's also a pure flying-type legendary. That's a first. Very interesting...

Also... I know all generations have a trio of legends... but these are... genies?
The hell?

Also, the very last one has a cannon on its head...  ???

They just don't seem like Pokémon to me.

EDIT: #607 Hitomoshi AKA Emo Candle is officially the cutest thing ever.

I think that was Giovani (Team Rocket's Leader) trying his experiments again xD

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 12:26:54 AM »
If you guys would stop whining and criticizing these pokemon, you would like them better, because all you're focusing on is how funny and dumb they are. Just look slowly through them, look at their types and abilities, and don't criticize them or anything. You'll find some you like. I did this and it worked. If it doesn't, you probably critcized them anyway, or just refuse to like them. Make yourself like them if you have to, because I'm sick of hearing this whining and criticizing.

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
If you guys would stop whining and criticizing these pokemon, you would like them better, because all you're focusing on is how funny and dumb they are. Just look slowly through them, look at their types and abilities, and don't criticize them or anything. You'll find some you like. I did this and it worked. If it doesn't, you probably critcized them anyway, or just refuse to like them. Make yourself like them if you have to, because I'm sick of hearing this whining and criticizing.

then get out of here, its our opinion and you must respect it like it or not >.>

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 01:00:34 AM »

then get out of here, its our opinion and you must respect it like it or not >.>
What I'm trying to say is that you guys criticize new pokemon too much. When the game comes out you're going to say how awesome you knew they would be. It's just like how other games are. If you would stop criticizing, you'd like them better. That's all I'm really trying to say. I'm contradicting what you say, so it sounds like I'm disrespecting your opinions. The truth is, you're disrespecting my opinions too, which is that they're better than what you say they are.

Offline Dexwin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »

What I'm trying to say is that you guys criticize new pokemon too much. When the game comes out you're going to say how awesome you knew they would be. It's just like how other games are. If you would stop criticizing, you'd like them better. That's all I'm really trying to say. I'm contradicting what you say, so it sounds like I'm disrespecting your opinions. The truth is, you're disrespecting my opinions too, which is that they're better than what you say they are.

take a look at the new sprites... they are all copies of old pokemons drawn diferently and with other types/abilities (Motor speed ability? wtf is that xD) anyway and c'mon i didnt say they are all lame I like only 7 of them but still... they should stop making more pokemons because it will be harder to beat the game at a 100%

Offline chantinator

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
some of them look pretty original..though most of them just look wierd and like bad copies of already existing pokemon, besides whatever happened to simplicity i mean some of these just have way too much detail and color that just makes them look wierd

Offline Ryan Matthews

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
I do like some Pokémon there, actually.
The grass starters beginning to grow on me, pun not intended.
The water starter's very cool, I love the vulture and the eagle Pokémon, I also like the little emo-candle, the three evolved monkeys look cool, their pre-evos do not. :P
The diamond-rock metagross thing looks very cool, will definately be using it in a team.
The rock/water tortoise (fossil Pokémon, I think) also seems cool.
Zoroark is just the baddest motherchanseyer to ever live.
Luvdisk's evolution seems great.
Bug/electric combo seems interesting.
The dragon-type with blades near its mouth also is a firm favourite.
Three headed dragons FTW.
So as you can see, I'm not hating on all the Pokémon.

I also like the fact that bug-types won't be considered so weak in this generation...

I just don't like so many fighting-types... it seems pointless.

This is probably the very worst of all the generations, in my opinion.
It's our opinions, please respect it. I respect yours