* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The ultimate battle  (Read 24676 times)

Offline Romsiedusek

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate battle
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
Blaziken with blaze kick or Gengar with Night shade and bye bye sableye

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:01 AM »
Blaziken with blaze kick or Gengar with Night shade and bye bye sableye

You overlooked the fact that this Sableye has the Wonder Guard ability >.>
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
use any fast pokemon that can take two hits and has furycutter
or uses a fighter/fire blaziken or infernape
holla
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
bug is not effective on ghost, so, it's not super effective and Sableye doesn't receive a single damage.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
bug is not effective on ghost, so, it's not super effective and Sableye doesn't receive a single damage.
yeah it used to be super effective but i just looked it up its not anymore hmm... oh well what do i care the second on still works and i don't personally use furry cutter regardless
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
yeah it used to be super effective but i just looked it up its not anymore hmm... oh well what do i care the second on still works and i don't personally use furry cutter regardless

fire/fight wont work either. What part of wonder guard dont you get?

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 02:02:51 AM »
All of it. Apparently.

Wonder Guard makes it so that any attack that is not super effective does 0 damage. Exceptions are attacks that don`t calaculate super effective hits, like say, Doom Desire, Future Sight, or Beat Up. Effect Causing attacks can also hit, as well as debuffs. So you can use things like Screech or toxic. Another exception is fire fang for some reason

Long story short..You can`t use any typed attack that calculates super effective damage
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 02:15:28 AM »
Yup, and dont forget the worst one of all, leech seed!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 12:30:01 PM »
No, fire fang won't affect Wonder Guard Sableye either (or if it really does, a proof/source would be welcome).

If you are talking about Shedinja, then that's something else.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »
All of it. Apparently.

Wonder Guard makes it so that any attack that is not super effective does 0 damage. Exceptions are attacks that don`t calaculate super effective hits, like say, Doom Desire, Future Sight, or Beat Up. Effect Causing attacks can also hit, as well as debuffs. So you can use things like Screech or toxic. Another exception is fire fang for some reason

Long story short..You can`t use any typed attack that calculates super effective damage
Look, just because someone is wrong doesn't give you the right to be a jerk. People make mistakes, it's the way things are. If they don't know what the ability does, just tell them what it does without being such a jerk! I'm not trying to start a fight, I just hate it when people act like this.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 11:15:12 PM »
All of it. Apparently.

Look, just because someone is wrong doesn't give you the right to be a jerk. People make mistakes, it's the way things are. If they don't know what the ability does, just tell them what it does without being such a jerk! I'm not trying to start a fight, I just hate it when people act like this.

I approve of him acting like this because ive been watching this daedae guy recently and hes been boasting in posts that he knos pretty much everything about pokemon. Feels good when i see him contradict himself

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
All of it. Apparently.

I approve of him acting like this because ive been watching this daedae guy recently and hes been boasting in posts that he knos pretty much everything about pokemon. Feels good when i see him contradict himself

I noticed that too. sometime yesterday, he was the most recent poster on like 5 or 6 different threads, two of them were him flaming dragon types, another had him claiming to never lose, and I forget the other ones, but thats enough info anyway.

I just felt like taking him off his high horse.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »
All of it. Apparently.

I noticed that too. sometime yesterday, he was the most recent poster on like 5 or 6 different threads, two of them were him flaming dragon types, another had him claiming to never lose, and I forget the other ones, but thats enough info anyway.

Now that I think about it, I remember that. Sorry for yelling at you. He does deserve that, except if you tell him he's wrong he just keeps arguing. I have seen you do that to other people who just made a mistake. Just please stop acting like that if they aren't being a jerk.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 04:52:43 AM »
All of it. Apparently.

Now that I think about it, I remember that. Sorry for yelling at you. He does deserve that, except if you tell him he's wrong he just keeps arguing. I have seen you do that to other people who just made a mistake. Just please stop acting like that if they aren't being a jerk.

I only usually open my mouth when someone is wrong. I've been wrong on things and have been put in my place. Therefore, it is acceptible to do the same as one who seems to be as arrogant and filled with hot air as this other user seems to be, as he hasn't proven himself otherwise.

Just think, he may prove me wrong with a response to this very post; who knows.

Respect goes both ways, I only give it to people who show me some. I remain neutral until some sort of conversation between me and another takes place.

So, if you're going to be an arrogant ass who believes his poop smeels better than everyone else's, then i will me more than happy to take a shot at you and bring you down a peg.
People like that need a reality check anyways.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
My goal was to make a hypothetical battle, not start any conflicts. The best answers were the ones that talked about status changes. Here is my answer to this: Use a dark type, it's barely affected by ghost or dark type moves (assuming those are sableye's other three moves). Teach toxic, and a two turn move more the block advantage. Wait out the battle with this strategy until sableye faints due to poison. For those who had a problem with this or another person, I'm sorry for that happening, but again, it's hypothetical, so it may not even happen. Great answers though.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword