* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100387 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
Charizard is NOT a dragon-type pokemon.

The ones you left behind are Salamence and Garchomp and there are no more which are non-legendary.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
It doesn't have to be exclusive. I've already said that. I'd probably include Garchomp or one of the newer dragons.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »
I would of thought, being that you wanted a giuld that had trainers specialized in a certian type, you would of put a restriction on the teams to being purely one type teams. If those restrictions aren't there, then you may as well be killing the idea behind the 17 trainers.

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »
I would of thought, being that you wanted a giuld that had trainers specialized in a certian type, you would of put a restriction on the teams to being purely one type teams. If those restrictions aren't there, then you may as well be killing the idea behind the 17 trainers.
I Agree.
I vote we enforce the restriction of having one type teams.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
No, it's more like the majority of our pokemon will be of one type, but we are allowed a few exceptions if that pokemon works well with that team. Like a Toxicroak in a water based team due to its ability. Charizard does look like a dragon and learns dragon attacks, so it's fine.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
I would have voted for strictly one type teams... But that doesn't prevent from each having your own mixed team.

It's like, say there's a guild challenging yours, and ask for one type pokemon battles, you take your strictly one type pokemon battle (if a deal is put, for example, you both use one type pokemons).

Now, does that mean you have to use those same pokemon for tournaments, for PvP and other battles? ::)

In brief, you make your strictly one type pokemon teams before looking for mixing other type, which then become like a secondary team.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
No, it's more like the majority of our pokemon will be of one type, but we are allowed a few exceptions if that pokemon works well with that team. Like a Toxicroak in a water based team due to its ability. Charizard does look like a dragon and learns dragon attacks, so it's fine.
I originally joined under the assumption this guild would be one type teams only. Seeing as it is now not, I resign my position as bug trainer. Good luck and have fun everyone. :)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »
I still find a disagreeance in that, as it does kill the idea of the 17 trainers. Because of an ability or looks should not be an exception to that rule. If i went up against a trainer who had only one type of pokemon, like a full water based team, and he had a Toxicroak, i don't think he should be saying one type only team. And just because Charizard learns a lot of the dragon moves. it doesn't make it an exception. Gyrados learns dragon rage when it evolves from a lvl 20 magikarp, but its still a water/flying type, and not a dragon.

All i'm saying is, the 17 trainers should not be able to use pokemon outside of thier specialty. Water pokemon and freinds just isn't a pure water trainer, its a normal trainer. 

As Jerry said, if your fighting for the 17 trainers, have a one type team, and have mixed for when you are battling for yourself.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Maybe it should be viewed as more of a theme than a mono type assembly. And Roloc, don't leave! You can have an exclusive team if you want. I'm not trying not to pidgeon hole people that want to make an exception or two in their total lineup for good reason.

I would think giving a little leaway on what is allowed would help people come into the guild. Not drive people away.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2010, 12:25:14 AM »
If they don't like the rules of the guild, tough nuts. It's not how many people are in the guild, its their quality and dedication. Changing the rules so that more people will join is like hanging out with douchebags and necrophiles to increase the amount of people you can say are your 'friends'.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:08 AM »
Ya i agree, changing the rules like that would actually make me not want to join. Its all or nothing. That one guy posted a team where only three of his team where the suggested type. Ive seen many people on here that have normal teams just like that. Gotta go all out here otherwise your just gonna be of the rest

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »
Okay. We'll enforce the rule, then. They all have to be at least partly a certain type.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
 You could make a rule that said every team can only have one pokemon that can be a different type than the rest of your team. That way someone could put a Toxicroak in a water team, but that would be the only non-water type pokemon.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »
We just went over this. I said making a few exceptions could be good, but others were saying it wouldn't be the same and Roloc left. So I'm going to try just having no exceptions and see if it works.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »
This says it all.

Gotta go all out here otherwise your just gonna be of the rest

I liked the 17 trainers idea because of the one type teams, even if they all share a weakness its a good idea and a challenge. But making an exception for even one pokemon kills the entire idea.