* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100391 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2010, 03:09:49 AM »
I realise that some types don't lend themselves well to a mono team, and it's true that the elite four wasn't strictly pure like the gym leaders were. Doing it this way will help us differentiate ourselves. I don't really mean to take your idea and go in a direction you really don't want to go, though. I'm still kind of on the fence.

You guys are always free to do as you want with the guild. We were mainly just throwing out feedback. If you do decide to go with a little leeway in members building their teams just let me know. If y'all don't mind i would like to give making a single type team guild a shot, if this one falls apart that is.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »
everytype has a way to fight off its weaknesses except electric... but anyway thats all i was saying and rock types are never trully a problem for bug pokemon cuz they usually have no spcl def... so anything works on them basically im fine however u do it my original idea was to be strickly one types but then when i researched electric types for stickman i realized u will not win over anyone with an all electric team there are multiple stat variations for every type except electric... there are only two types of pokemon for electrics when it comes to stats.... they have the fast ones with high spcl. attack and then they have the  ones that are average in almost every other stat... they dont have like one with high spcl. def and def and is slow.... they don't have one with high speed and high attack.... they only have two types

they have the fast ones with high spcl. attack and then they have the ones that are average in almost every other stat.

stat wise electrics aren't great and they dont have a wide set of moves to learn eigther i think electric and maybe poison users should have one non-electric pokemon with them atleast... cuz honestly i dnt see how ur defeating anyone with an all electric team the individual pokemon aren't very reliable and never have been

to chad29:
its your guild i didn't give it to you so u can do things that i approve of. so u don't need to appologize to me. You make the rules my job is to follow them- help other members and prove the strength of a one type team. no matter what ur my leader now and im behind you 100% best guild or worst guild. ;)

Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
Ok. Thanks. Gen V was very nice to electric types from what I can tell, and I'm sure they will be included soon enough. Though hopefully the open beta will be out before then because I assume it will take a bit of work to put all the gen V stuff in. In the meantime an electric user will just have to depend on Lanturn and magnet rise to beat ground types and attackers.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
Well, you did not research good enough. Electivire can learn Ice Punch which can be a threat to the one and only type to which electric pokemon are weak, ground. Lanturn can learn ice and water-types moves. Electric type pokemon can learn steel moves and fighting moves (some of them) to match rock type pokemon (which are often dual type with ground) and you have other moves that are not necessarily strong on ground, but which will do quite some damage.

Add good moves with good strategy, and you'll be able to match a ground pokemon.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »
Well, you did not research good enough. Electivire can learn Ice Punch which can be a threat to the one and only type to which electric pokemon are weak, ground. Lanturn can learn ice and water-types moves. Electric type pokemon can learn steel moves and fighting moves (some of them) to match rock type pokemon (which are often dual type with ground) and you have other moves that are not necessarily strong on ground, but which will do quite some damage.

Add good moves with good strategy, and you'll be able to match a ground pokemon.

And alot of them can learn magnet rise

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2010, 11:27:51 PM »

and u forget that electivre and lanturn electric or not are slow and would be ko'd before they could attack.....let me be more clear the fast electric types don't learn the moves that can hurt ground types or the slow electrics wont survive one earthquake

and magnet rise is useless unless it comes from electrode cuz all the rest would be ko'd b4 they use it they are too sloooooow with not enough def/ spcl def
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:39:44 PM by deadae »
To fly!"

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »

and u forget that electivre and lanturnelectric or not are slow and would be ko'd before they could attack.....let me be more clear the fast electric types don't learn the moves that can hurt ground types or the slow electrics wont survive one earthquake

Aren't most ground types slow also being as alot of them being paired with rock types? I don't bother going into as much research as most people on here, but i do know that most rock types are slow. If you leave out the ground types that aren't paired with rock, you are left with around half the ground types. And isn't the point of doing this is to try and overcome those weaknesses, and not nitpick about how teams are vulnerable. Kind of killing the fun of the game before its even out guys.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:14:36 AM by ninja neb »

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »
Ok listen to this daedae. A Jolteon with hidden power grass is near unstopable, especially with choice specs on

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2010, 05:29:54 AM »
Ok listen to this daedae. A Jolteon with hidden power grass is near unstopable, especially with choice specs on
Evee's evolutions are nice. Although i don't like any of them. XD
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2010, 05:57:49 AM »

Eh the only ones that are good competively is vaporeon as a tank and jolteon as i described

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »

Eh the only ones that are good competively is vaporeon as a tank and jolteon as i described

That's true.

But I personally still don't like either of them.
Damage Calculator

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »
Electivire not slow? Well, you haven't met a true one. It has a base speed of 95 which can go up to 317.

Plus it has Motor Drive, which is great with an electric type team. Add a pokemon with Discharge and each turn for 6 turns, the speed of Electivire will rise.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »
Electivire not slow? Well, you haven't met a true one. It has a base speed of 95 which can go up to 317.

Plus it has Motor Drive, which is great with an electric type team. Add a pokemon with Discharge and each turn for 6 turns, the speed of Electivire will rise.

Yes i was gonna say this. electivire on an electric team in a double battle is so win.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2010, 06:23:22 PM »
if yall consider 317 fast i feel for u fast to me is 330 and up i dn't even consider a charizard fast.... but idc no more tired of arguing

and the eevee evos arnt all bad  vaporeon can be a nice tank and jolteon is hands down the greatest electric type ever created and the ultimate team which i havent been able to prove it yet but i will is a espeon and umbreon...still idc tired of arguing we'll just all have to do our best to make a team and use them the best we know how to good luckerybody :)
To fly!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
Yes, it is. Get an electrode use Discharge on first turn (Speed 416). This will inflict damage on Charizard ( x 3 Damage due to stab + weakness) and Electivire speed will go up one level, enough to deliver a move before Charizard and Charizard gets one turn KO.

EDIT: I messed up my moves. In PMD, charge has the same animation and I came to think that it had discharge. A choice scarf Jolteon should do...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:20:10 PM by Jerry »