* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100391 times)

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »
Yes, it is. Get an electrode use Discharge on first turn (Speed 416). This will inflict damage on Charizard ( x 3 Damage due to stab + weakness) and Electivire speed will go up one level, enough to deliver a move before Charizard and Charizard gets one turn KO.
where u messed up...

1 y would someone use a charizard on an electric team in the begining?...
2 didn't i say idc...
3 i would start with aerodactyl...and wipe out ur whole team of electric...
4 electrode don't learn discharge...

hmmm... but ur right ...this could be done using jolteon....hmmm thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:51:48 PM by deadae »
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
Yes, it is. Get an electrode use Discharge on first turn (Speed 416). This will inflict damage on Charizard ( x 3 Damage due to stab + weakness) and Electivire speed will go up one level, enough to deliver a move before Charizard and Charizard gets one turn KO.
where u messed up...

2 didn't i say idc...

He got ya on number 4 :/ i just looked it up. strange that an electrode cant learn discharge

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2010, 10:14:21 PM »
where u messed up...

2 didn't i say idc...

He got ya on number 4 :/ i just looked it up. strange that an electrode cant learn discharge
haha yeah i thought the same thing.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »
Since I never used electrode, I don't know its moveset as the pokemon I know and since it knows Charge, I somewhat thought it could learn Discharge too... I thought of it shortly afterwards but before I could get on again, he had already posted. -.-

Meh, there's the new move "Electra Ball" which can get very very well with Electrode. And Jolteon with Volt Absorb is a better team mate if Electivire use Discharge too.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »
omg electra ball goes hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like that move!!!

boooyah jerry 65 tyra 1 :P....j/k
To fly!"

Offline stikman

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
I still find a disagreeance in that, as it does kill the idea of the 17 trainers. Because of an ability or looks should not be an exception to that rule. If i went up against a trainer who had only one type of pokemon, like a full water based team, and he had a Toxicroak, i don't think he should be saying one type only team. And just because Charizard learns a lot of the dragon moves. it doesn't make it an exception. Gyrados learns dragon rage when it evolves from a lvl 20 magikarp, but its still a water/flying type, and not a dragon.

All i'm saying is, the 17 trainers should not be able to use pokemon outside of thier specialty. Water pokemon and freinds just isn't a pure water trainer, its a normal trainer. 

As Jerry said, if your fighting for the 17 trainers, have a one type team, and have mixed for when you are battling for yourself.

I originally joined under the assumption this guild would be one type teams only. Seeing as it is now not, I resign my position as bug trainer. Good luck and have fun everyone.

I will say that i did pick a couple of the pokemon because of one attack that fit with the team, so in that sense, you could say i was abusing the priviledge we used to have. with that being said, i would like to run dark instead of electric because, frankly, without pkmn that have bodies that can take 2 big hits, elec is... well, weak-bodied (and most of them aren't even that fast). So, this is what I've come up with instead:

Spiritomb
Houndoom
Umbreon
Weavile
Drapion
Absol

So, is it cool, then? give me any suggestions you have. Thanks.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2010, 01:31:40 AM »
I still find a disagreeance in that, as it does kill the idea of the 17 trainers. Because of an ability or looks should not be an exception to that rule. If i went up against a trainer who had only one type of pokemon, like a full water based team, and he had a Toxicroak, i don't think he should be saying one type only team. And just because Charizard learns a lot of the dragon moves. it doesn't make it an exception. Gyrados learns dragon rage when it evolves from a lvl 20 magikarp, but its still a water/flying type, and not a dragon.

All i'm saying is, the 17 trainers should not be able to use pokemon outside of thier specialty. Water pokemon and freinds just isn't a pure water trainer, its a normal trainer. 

As Jerry said, if your fighting for the 17 trainers, have a one type team, and have mixed for when you are battling for yourself.

I originally joined under the assumption this guild would be one type teams only. Seeing as it is now not, I resign my position as bug trainer. Good luck and have fun everyone.

I will say that i did pick a couple of the pokemon because of one attack that fit with the team, so in that sense, you could say i was abusing the priviledge we used to have. with that being said, i would like to run dark instead of electric because, frankly, without pkmn that have bodies that can take 2 big hits, elec is... well, weak-bodied (and most of them aren't even that fast). So, this is what I've come up with instead:

Spiritomb
Houndoom
Umbreon
Weavile
Drapion
Absol

I would recommend taking out Drapion and replacing it with Tyranitar. Drapion isnt that good, and tyranitar is one the best pokemon in OU. a very tough pokemon to ebat

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:04 PM »

Spiritomb
Houndoom
Umbreon
Weavile
Drapion
Absol

I would recommend taking out Drapion and replacing it with Tyranitar. Drapion isnt that good, and tyranitar is one the best pokemon in OU. a very tough pokemon to ebat
Tyranitar is pretty tough to ebat. It's also tough to beat :P

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2010, 02:02:34 AM »
I would say not to be a grammar nazi, but I was about to say that, so...

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:03 AM »
ya....

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
i think love-berry-stikman whateva has drapion for speed reasons if i know him correctly.... but yeah tyranitar should be somewhere on the team....... but i happen to love drapion and it dont suck according to its stats :/ i personally think the famous houndoom sux
To fly!"

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
Houndoom was once a favorite of mine, but not anymore. Mainly because I think it used to be about the only fire type to be able to use solar beam, but now more can do that. Plus there are more dark types to choose from now. I actually do like drapion. He's a nice sweeper.

Offline stikman

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »
yeah, but don't you normally see a tyranitar on almost every good dark team? I still want to research the rest of the dark pkmn, for one big reason: i might be sleeping on something that I'd like more. Absol's on the team's rough draft roster mainly because of his move set. i almost passed him clean up, but the super sweet combo of mean look and perish song was just too good to ignore. he's still not written in stone. none of them really are, but some will most likely not leave the list. I just want to consider all of them that I can before building my team.

And thanks for the pointers from everyone, especially Chad. The main reason i was considered Houndoom is because since i've been running him on Platinum, I've noticed that he's one tough pkmn. not only does he hit fairly hard and move fairly fast, he can definitely take a hit (a couple, actually), not so much his move set. and he has one of the most versatile learn sets of most of the pokemon that i've seen when it comes to types.
And Drapion is one of the pkmn that I had a constant problem dropping on the game, even with his "weakness". And he's fast. that's why i like him.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
Honchcrow is another choice I'd consider.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
yeah, but don't you normally see a tyranitar on almost every good dark team? I still want to research the rest of the dark pkmn, for one big reason: i might be sleeping on something that I'd like more. Absol's on the team's rough draft roster mainly because of his move set. i almost passed him clean up, but the super sweet combo of mean look and perish song was just too good to ignore. he's still not written in stone. none of them really are, but some will most likely not leave the list. I just want to consider all of them that I can before building my team.

And thanks for the pointers from everyone, especially Chad. The main reason i was considered Houndoom is because since i've been running him on Platinum, I've noticed that he's one tough pkmn. not only does he hit fairly hard and move fairly fast, he can definitely take a hit (a couple, actually), not so much his move set. and he has one of the most versatile learn sets of most of the pokemon that i've seen when it comes to types.
And Drapion is one of the pkmn that I had a constant problem dropping on the game, even with his "weakness". And he's fast. that's why i like him.

Another possibility of absols i would look into is swords dance + super luck + night slash.

That setup really messes with people sometime, trust me