* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100393 times)

zylonnick

Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2010, 03:37:38 PM »

The most effective  lead out of your pokemon that doesnt use stealth rocks would be Lucario. If you want to run him as a lead and need a sweeper to replace i would recommend metagross but thats another story.

As for Lucario lead, use this setup:
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch
Counter/Agility/Swords Dance
Item: Focus Sash

This lead is effective because due to Lucario's ability, ( which PU will have) he can not be flinched out of his focus sash. Because of this u could either run the agility or Swords Dance set up and get a free one off everytime. If you dont want to do that you could run Counter and that is very very effective in taking out bulky leads. The other moves are there to cover all the basic leads that would stop this. This setup is pretty effective, trust me.

As for your metagross, I currently have a metagross that runs the Agiligross setup, and he is always able to KO 2 or more pokemon every match if i get him set up right. If u want to see agiligross to ask me

So for lucario:

Lucario: lead (attack, speed) ability: inner focus
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch
Counter

and for metagross:

metagross: physical sweeper (attack, speed) ability: clear body
agility
meteor mash
earthquake
thunderpunch

thanks alot Viper, this is really going to hurt someone;)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »
I'll list my rain dance team.

Name: Politoed
Ability: Drizzle (dreamworld)
Moves: Surf, Mud Bomb, Ice Beam, Hypnosis

With the new dreamworld ability, I can have neverending rain during a battle as long as someone else isn't packing a weather changing move. I've got a stab attack, and two attacks that cover its weaknesses. Unfortunately I can't teach it a grass or electric move outside hidden power, so I stuck with Hypnosis for lack of a better move. Politoed is slow, and Hypnosis is inaccurate, so it's probably not the best choice for that last slot.

Name: Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Waterfall, Ice punch, Pursuit, Return

This is the fastest swift swimmer in the game as far as I know. Waterfal and Ice Punch give it stab and coverage. Pursuit makes sure I can hit something that may try to switch out. Return, again, is space filler to do somethign to water types.

Name: Ludicolo
Ability: Swift Swim and Rain Dish are both good.
Moves: As a sponge: Surf, Mega/Giga Drain, Substitute, Leech Seed. As a sweeper: Surf, Energy Ball, Ice Beam, Fake Out.

Ludicolo can be a sponge with Rain Dish, or a sweeper with Swift Swim. I may make two just because of that. The main reason I have this guy is to get rid of opposing water types. Easily switches in on boosted water attacks, and hits them with grass attacks. Of course I'm well aware there are water and flying types out there, so it isn't perfect.

Name: Lanturn
Ability: Volt absorb
Moves: Surf, Thunder, Ice beam, Thunder Wave

Lanturn can hopefully deal with those pesky water/flying types as well as electric types. Unless it's something like a Jolteon packing Hidden Power Grass. Thunder Wave can ruin sweeper pokemon, and few pokemon enjoy being paralyzed at all.

Name: Empoleon
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Agility, Grass Knot

Empoleon has a good movepool, and I'll likely have more than one, but this will be my main. The three attacks have good coverage, and agility gives a good speed boost. He's definitely tough enough to get a boost in. I didn't give him a steel attack because grass knot gives better coverage. I don't think he'll need a steel attack's help getting rid of rock and ice types.

Name: Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake

Gyarados has always been a scary sweeper in Shoddy Battle. if it set up, there didn't seem to be an unboosted pokemon that was faster than Gyarados. Then I have three solid attacks for it to sweep with.

Offline Roko

• Normal Trainer
  • Enjoy the little things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
I noticed Ghost might be taken, so I also have an ice team:

NOTE: If JohnnyXtreme is not the Ghost type trainer then I would still like my ghost team which I submitted on page 13 to be my 'official' application. If JohnnyXtreme turns out to be the ghost type trainer I would like this ice team to be my application. I hope that was understandable. xD

You both can be Ghost trainers. We will hold a Guild only turny to decide who the leaders of each type will be. But you both can be ghost trainers if you like them more then ice. :)

I thought there would be only one representative for each type?
Either way - if JohnnyXtreme is a Ghost trainer I would like to be the Ice trainer. :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »
What you can do, is make a battle between the two when the game is out and your teams ready and the winner will be 'the' ice trainer. If the latter loses a match against a pokemon team of the same general type, then the winner will claim the title. This will mean that the best trainer in each type will remain the true best trainer. Fair?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Roko

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
Very fair, Jerry.
But in fact, I've had a change of heart.

>.<

I would like to cancel my Ghost-type application and post an Ice-Type application, this is my team:

Abomasnow:
Ice Shard, Earthquake
Leech Seed, Substitute

Glaceon:
Ice Beam, Shadow Ball
Fake Tears, Wish

Lapras:
Surf, Blizzard
Thunderbolt, Toxic

Mamoswine:
Earthquake, Ice Shard
Stone Edge, Stealth Rock

Froslass:
Shadow Ball, Blizzard
Thunder Wave, Substitute

Walrein:
Surf, Toxic
Substitute, Protect

zylonnick

« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Very fair, Jerry.
But in fact, I've had a change of heart.

>.<

I would like to cancel my Ghost-type application and post an Ice-Type application, this is my team:

Abomasnow:
Ice Shard, Earthquake
Leech Seed, Substitute

Glaceon:
Ice Beam, Shadow Ball
Fake Tears, Wish

Lapras:
Surf, Blizzard
Thunderbolt, Toxic

Mamoswine:
Earthquake, Ice Shard
Stone Edge, Stealth Rock

Froslass:
Shadow Ball, Blizzard
Thunder Wave, Substitute

Walrein:
Surf, Toxic
Substitute, Protect
Nice team, but you can't use stealth rock in PU. I would use giga impact or hail instead.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:14:27 PM by zylonnick »

Offline Roko

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
I've been following your team's progress and I think it'd be a pretty badass team.
I'd love to team up with you.

Additional: Changed my mind (yet again). I've decided to go with a multi-type team. Good luck with the Guild, I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot about you guys.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:15:06 PM by Domino »

zylonnick

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
I've been following your team's progress and I think it'd be a pretty badass team.
I'd love to team up with you.

Additional: Changed my mind (yet again). I've decided to go with a multi-type team. Good luck with the Guild, I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot about you guys.

Good luck to you too.
Who did you mean to team up with, me or jerry? That wasn't clear.

Offline Roko

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
Apologies. I meant with you. It'd be pretty cool teaming up with a one-type trainer. :)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
What you can do, is make a battle between the two when the game is out and your teams ready and the winner will be 'the' ice trainer. If the latter loses a match against a pokemon team of the same general type, then the winner will claim the title. This will mean that the best trainer in each type will remain the true best trainer. Fair?
Thats what we been planning on doing.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

zylonnick

« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
Apologies. I meant with you. It'd be pretty cool teaming up with a one-type trainer. :)

fine by me, I was also planning on doing more double battles than single. It has an extra touch.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »

The most effective  lead out of your pokemon that doesnt use stealth rocks would be Lucario. If you want to run him as a lead and need a sweeper to replace i would recommend metagross but thats another story.

As for Lucario lead, use this setup:
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch
Counter/Agility/Swords Dance
Item: Focus Sash

This lead is effective because due to Lucario's ability, ( which PU will have) he can not be flinched out of his focus sash. Because of this u could either run the agility or Swords Dance set up and get a free one off everytime. If you dont want to do that you could run Counter and that is very very effective in taking out bulky leads. The other moves are there to cover all the basic leads that would stop this. This setup is pretty effective, trust me.

As for your metagross, I currently have a metagross that runs the Agiligross setup, and he is always able to KO 2 or more pokemon every match if i get him set up right. If u want to see agiligross to ask me

So for lucario:

Lucario: lead (attack, speed) ability: inner focus
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch
Counter

and for metagross:

metagross: physical sweeper (attack, speed) ability: clear body
agility
meteor mash
earthquake
thunderpunch

thanks alot Viper, this is really going to hurt someone;)

Np, thats the exact setup i have for my metagross too

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »
Man I would not want to fight that team using only ice! that would be suicide!!

zylonnick

« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2010, 10:30:40 PM »

That's why you are a dragon trainer;) He isn't going to use ice only.

PS:Do you wanna team up with me to fight double battles, that would be awesome.
Two one-type trainers, Dragon and steel... Imagine that;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:35:28 PM by zylonnick »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2010, 10:39:38 PM »

That's why you are a dragon trainer;) He isn't going to use ice only.

PS:Do you wanna team up with me to fight double battles, that would be awesome.
Two one-type trainers, Dragon and steel... Imagine that;)
1. Sure I would like to team up with you! steel would cover my weakness to both dragon and ice! so yes and 2. that's why i chose dragon it only has two weaknesses, both of which can be somewhat easily dispatched, and dragon pokemon are pure awesomeness!