* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100397 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
Peh >.>
I apologize if I give a suggestion that's been made already. I'm not paying particular attention to thi thread, and there's no way in hell I'm going to read fifteen pages of talk for a guild I'm not even in.
That being said, have you guys decided how you're going to work the economical part of the guild?
ie - If you're buying a base, how the payments will work out, and any payment/rewards that may or may not be given to members of the guild, such as the 'epic lewts' at the end of a big quest the guild worked on togethor.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »
Peh >.>
I apologize if I give a suggestion that's been made already. I'm not paying particular attention to thi thread, and there's no way in hell I'm going to read fifteen pages of talk for a guild I'm not even in.
That being said, have you guys decided how you're going to work the economical part of the guild?
ie - If you're buying a base, how the payments will work out, and any payment/rewards that may or may not be given to members of the guild, such as the 'epic lewts' at the end of a big quest the guild worked on togethor.
I don't know anything about bases, and there hasn't been any discussion about loot or anything. But any time there are multiple one type members, I'd say there could be weekly batlles between them. Hopefully somewhere that the levels will be balanced out. whoever wins will be the main trainer for that type.

As far as loot distribution goes, we might have a system for whoever needs an item the most. Obviously no fire type trainer is going to need a water stone, right? After that, the person that was most useful gets first pick. Does that sound fair?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
Eh... Depends on how you're qualifying 'useful'...
I've noticed in  other MMOs, when they show you who did 'the most work' at the end of the quest, people who may actually have been responsible for the victory of the party got a low score, because they didn't actually do a whole lot of killig teh monsters.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
Peh >.>
All good no one expects you too. :P But since we don't know for sure EXACTLY what will be in game as far as bases and big time quests that require more then one person there is no need for us to discuss it till we have absolute confirmation on it.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »
Well, it is confirmed that their will be buildings for guilds. I'm not sure as to all the details, but it sounds promising.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »
 I'm working on a moveset for my team and stuff like that. Any suggestions? I don't know if my current team has been posted since I changed it a little. So here's my team:

Typhlosion
 Charizard
 Blaziken
 Houndoom
 Camerupt
 Flareon

I need a good moveset. This is my first time making a competitive team, so I need suggestions. And I need at least one move that has more than 5 PP, and it has to be something that isn't like stealth rock.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:01 PM »
I'm working on a moveset for my team and stuff like that. Any suggestions? I don't know if my current team has been posted since I changed it a little. So here's my team:

Typhlosion
 Charizard
 Blaziken
 Houndoom
 Camerupt
 Flareon

I need a good moveset. This is my first time making a competitive team, so I need suggestions. And I need at least one move that has more than 5 PP, and it has to be something that isn't like stealth rock.

I could give u a my personal opinion on how to use all of those, but it would probably be better if you picked it yourself. I get all my info fro smogon and personal experience on shoddy battle so go to the website ill post, look up your pokemon, and pick the move sets you like best. Also remember to designate one as a lead.  If i were you i would add Infernape and make him lead, hes pretty effective as one.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »
 I'm having trouble with the moveset I like. I don't know how hidden power's type works. I need it to be a rock type move, but I have no idea how to get it to be rock type. Can someone explain this for me?

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2010, 12:02:30 AM »
I'm having trouble with the moveset I like. I don't know how hidden power's type works. I need it to be a rock type move, but I have no idea how to get it to be rock type. Can someone explain this for me?

Hidden powers type is based upon a pokemon's IVs so it is set when caught. However i remember the team throwing around the idea of an npc that changes a pokemon's hidden power type and power but im not sure

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »
However I remember the team throwing around the idea of an npc that changes a pokemon's hidden power type and power but I'm not sure

The type of the move,they're planning to do it, yes, Level5Pidgey said it in one thread. The power, I don't think so, it wasn't mentioned.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

zylonnick

« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

Typhlosion
 Charizard
 Blaziken
 Houndoom
 Camerupt
 Flareon

blaziken:
low kick
thunderpunch
stone edge
blaze kick/flare blitz

charizard:
earthquake
flamethrower
dragonbreath
roost/airslash

houndoom:
dark pulse
fireblast/overheat
crunch
sucker punch

camerupt:
earth power
overheat/fire blast
hidden power (ice/grass)
explosion

typhlosion:
overheat/eruption
focus blast
flamethrower
hidden power (grass/rock)

ninetales:starter(ability: drought)
hypnosis
will-o-wisp
energy ball
overheat/fire blast

I kicked out flareon for ninetales because of ninetales' ability+ moveset.
I would also use a magmortar instead of typlosion and infirnape for blaziken.
I will show you some movesets for them if you ask.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »
However I remember the team throwing around the idea of an npc that changes a pokemon's hidden power type and power but I'm not sure

The type of the move,they're planning to do it, yes, Level5Pidgey said it in one thread. The power, I don't think so, it wasn't mentioned.

Eh well as long as they have the type, im happy

zylonnick

« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

Eh well as long as they have the type, im happy
met too;)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
What have i missed? ???

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2010, 11:42:18 PM »
FrenchFry mentioned bases, but since I haven't heard about them I haven't talked about them.