* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 17 trainers  (Read 100380 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: 17 trainers
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
Well that's the thing about normal types. They tend to have quite large move pools, and some have unique abilities. They are normal, but certainly not bland.

I don't really know what else to say about them. You want me to say Castform can be on a normal, fire, water, ice, or rock team? I believe sandstorm lets him transform into rock nowadays.

As for Ditto, he becomes whatever his opponent is. You want to say he can be in any team?

For simplicity's sake I'd rather just have them be on a normal team. That's the type they're considered as, and I don't really think they're game breakers.
That's what I meant I am afraid that people will try to say that ditto can be any type so it can be on any team.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
If it were me, I'd ban them from each player's 'guild team' entirely.
But meh... It's not my guild, so...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2010, 12:39:49 AM »

Nah, I think that's going a little to far. I like the idea that they are normal at birth so they should be allowed on a normal team.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2010, 12:52:27 AM »

Nah, I think that's going a little to far. I like the idea that they are normal at birth so they should be allowed on a normal team.
yeah i agree 100% this way we have no divisions in our gilde

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2010, 01:26:53 AM »
The concensus so far is to just consider them normal by default. we'll go with that unless another guildie has a good reason to disagree.

zylonnick

« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »
You won't hear any objections from me. It's only fair that only a normal type trainer can choose these pokemon. Where would the challenge be then;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:33:15 PM by zylonnick »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »
 Having Castform and Ditto would be fair in a normal team since nothing has a weakness to normal types. I'm not saying normal types are weak, but with those two pokemon you could damage ghost types and do super effective damage to pokemon that they would usually have problems against, and since all normal types can learn moves of different types, they should be allowed. So basicly, they're just as fair as other normal types because all normal types can learn moves that are different types. The only difference is, Ditto and Castform's types change, but this can also be a bad thing. If your opponent has a grass type that know rain dance, it can change castform's type to water and use grass type moves to do a lot of damage. And the moves Ditto gains from using Transform only have 5 PP.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
I agree that they can be on a normal team. so how many for and against? We should make a list really quick.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2010, 03:00:52 AM »
Well there's no point in that, is there? I'm not in the guild, so Iwouldn't count as a vote. So, discluding me, it's unanimous.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »
Um... apparently there's a dreamworld ability of Ditto that would be beneficial. However I don't know whether it makes Ditto use Transform before entering a match or transform directly upon entering a match. Either way, it's beneficial but in the former way, PP Ups can do the trick.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
How would he know what to transform into and what moves to have if he transforms before the battle?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »
Um... I might have worded it a little too vague.

Ditto's ability apparently activates as it is sent out (so, before a move is chosen by either trainers).

I don't know how Ditto will pick the target when it comes to double or triple battle tough. As I've seen, Trace doesn't pick the ability in front of the pokemon in double battles, but that is only speculation. Only thorough testing will gave a satisfactory answer to this, that is until I have Black/White or someone else tests it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2010, 12:52:50 AM »
I'd like to have a banner for my future guild members to put in their sigs.

Type of graphic(s): Rectangular sig banner
What you want your banner to say: Elemental Elites Member
Do you want any sub-text?: Nope
What do you want your color scheme to be?: 17 stripes going down representing each pokemon color. Then the words in the middle in a color that would show up well against the background.
Do you want any specific Pokemon to make an appearance in your graphic?: Nope
Do you want something non-Pokemon related in it?: Nope.

Anyways, to Chad29, I love the idea, I think I'm ghost type in the elites. Anyway I think in everyone's type, it should have their name, their favorite trainers sprite with their favorite Pokemon of that type, whenever Teal gets back and makes that, I'll try to make that with all the members so far!

So good news guys. Looks like after asking if we could have a guild banner, we'll even get some personalized guild banners! Think about what you want for your sig. These banners won't be absolutely mandatory, since I think forums might have limits for sigs, and members may already have things for their sigs that they want to keep. I don't know how strict the Mods are with that. However if you have space for the banner, I think it's a good idea to have one.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2010, 05:42:31 AM »
OK, I thought I was making one sig that we all use, or is it a sig making for each of us. Because if that then wouldn't Avis work better.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2010, 06:02:04 AM »
When I mentioned making a sig with 17 stripes, I planned for that to be one general sig we could all use.

As for the Avy, I'm not sure. You can only have one avy pic, but you can have multiple things in your sig. Though I guess it doesn't matter. Making my request an Avi would be better than the generic avi I have now.