* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hmmm...A Pokemon Guild, Huh?  (Read 16760 times)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm...A Pokemon Guild, Huh?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 03:39:13 AM »
XD i have other possible names too...
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline FenrirMF

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ware the Dark, for it will encompass you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 03:46:53 AM »
Nugget Bridge...best name ever.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." --Karen

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
I have planned on making my own guild and has already thought of the name... It'll be Tankers. I'm not sure of the banner yet, but Mr. Pokemon has a sample of it.

I think I have it somewhere... ah, there it is. I don't know if I'll change it more it seems good to me so far. Maybe a little too much detail for a banner though...

A cookie for the one who sees the banner ;) I know there is a simple way to find it, and a tough way round except if you're very sharp.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
If I'm in a guild it shall be called 'Team Declan'. And I shall be the fearless leader! No pokemon themes or anything, because I dislike being restricted.
 Although, a Dev Team Guild would be much welcomed.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
The easy way to find the banner may include an iron pipe, and a few verbal threats of its usage ;D

Going on topic, i would like to join a giuld, but i prefer to talk to the people in the giuld before hand. When i play MMO's i normally know one or two people of a giuld before i even consider joining it.

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Raindown007

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
ok i rly don't play in guilds or teams so i rly don't care 2 much but i would join 1 if people are looking for members 0.0

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »
ok i rly don't play in guilds or teams so i rly don't care 2 much but i would join 1 if people are looking for members 0.0
Any decent guild leader wouldn't let someone reap the benefits of their guild if they weren't contributing to it.

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
Agreed on that. All members must be able to contribute, otherwise fairness and balance are thrown right out of the window.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
i personally think guilds add to the excitement of mmos i'd let any1 join anyone who plays a lot wining and losing don't matter that much i don't think. if a guild im in has a weak person who is trying very hard to be stronger then i'd just find away to help them out. guilds are also good for noobs cuz eryones always treatin noobs so bad as if they were never a noob....... so if a noob can just hop straight into a guild any 1 of thier guild members should help that noob out. idk guilds are supposed to look out for its members thats what i think.And everyone in the guild doesn't have to be uber, there are certain members for that, maybe ur just the guild comedian or something. every one should have a place in some guild...even if its not an official guild other than that whats the point in plying a mmo just go play some 1 player playstaion game.
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
Although i do agree with you on that, alot of people on nmearly all mmo's join giulds just for rep/status/protection and rarely have any input in the giuld.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
Although I do agree with you on that, a lot of people on nearly all mmo's join guilds just for rep/status/protection and rarely have any input in the guild.

I second that. I think that some 'test' to allow players to enter a guild are sometimes necessary :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
Thats why i believe its best to host some in giuld events, even to do things like make a short story. So many people i know entered that contest. But that was in tribal wars ;)

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
yeah but realistically everyone ain't gonna join for the right reasons but should those ppl just be cast away? so what if they don't contribute most of the guild should and there will always be those who do contribute...thats kinda what ranks within guilds are for tho right? u have ur higher ups but its not the same without the underdawgz and swindlerz... i guess if ur guild is like extreme or somthing but i thought guilds were for fun. well it don't matter so what competition will the elemental elites have, eh?
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
Failing the test doesn't mean that they won't be able to join the guild ::) I'm not that harsh!

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »
Anything really, like i said it don't always have to be something based ingame. You can have competitions that are unrelated to the MMO. In relation to the ranks, that system is always going to be flawed, as its run by people and not a computer. Some people are some of the chattiest, helpful people i know, and still held a rank of rookie.

Don't give in Jerry, remember the hammer.