* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hybrids and Event Pokemon  (Read 2522 times)

Offline HallowedDisease

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Hybrids and Event Pokemon
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »
So, this is for once the public version of the game is launched, just so it doesn't take some even larger massive amount of time.

Part I:
When you think about Pokemon breeding, I mean really, how likely is it that it'd just be one species? We could combine Pokemon in the same Egg Group to create a hybrid, with types and movesets in between either species. There might be a few variations in there (for example, a Raichu / Umbreon with a Raichu body and Umbreon coloring who might happen to have a brother who's got an Umbreon body, but Raichu ears and a long, thin tail) if you want to make it that complex. To aviod the chaos of trying to figure out the offspring of two hybrids, it could also be made more realistic by not allowing hybrids to breed, as most real-life ones cannot.

If this idea were to be accepted, I would like to offer to do some sprites for them. :3

Part II:
What if, for holidays and rewards for member activity and such, special Pokemon were released that no one could find anywhere else? I don't mean new breeds, just...a different coloring or some special mark. Like maybe a Pikachu with a flower tucked behind its ear for Valentine's Day or the first day of spring or something. It wouldn't be any stronger than a normal Pikachu, but it'd be cute and urge more inactive members to become a larger part of PU.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrids and Event Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:00:41 PM »
Sorry dude, but we don't want any 'new' pokemon in our game.
Try reading the FAQ

Offline HallowedDisease

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »
Jerry told me, and I read. I don't consider hybrids to be fakemon (I'm actually very anti-fakemon), and I wasn't sure if this would count. I figured I might as well ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
This is about as fakemon as you can get

Offline HallowedDisease

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »
Well I suppose this is just a different in opinion. :3 No use in arguing over it, eh? I accept the no as a no, and I've got the feeling we could go back and forth over how hybrids are and are not fakemon all day but wind up with nothing but anger towards each other, and I'd like to avoid that. People here seem friendly, and I don't want to get off to a bad start. xD