* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Who do you feel should've been in the SSB series?  (Read 10036 times)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
Who do you feel should've been in the SSB series?
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:15:32 AM »
Maximum of 20, please

Lloyd Irving
Kratos
Ichigo
Yuri
Emil
Sora
Wolverine
B.B. Hood
Ryu( street fighter series)
Ryu( Ninja Giden series)
Shadow
Silver
Knuckles
Naruto
Sauske
the elf-looking girl on phantasy star universe
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you feel should've been in the SSB series?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:21:03 AM »
Pacman
Sora (Oh, you said that one.)
Batman
Ditto
Jak
Rachet
Sly
Tetris Block (LOL)

That's all I got...
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
Maximum of 20, please

Lloyd Irving
Kratos
Ichigo
Yuri
Emil
Sora
Wolverine
B.B. Hood
Ryu( street fighter series)
Ryu( Ninja Giden series)
Shadow
Silver
Knuckles
Naruto
Sauske
the elf-looking girl on phantasy star universe
Naruto Characters and Comic Book characters = no.

Anyway:
Naked Snake/Big Boss, instead of Solid Snake
Raiden instead of Grey Fox
The Red Mage (:D)
Laharl

That's all I can think of right now that wouldn't be going stupid overboard (I.E. - I'd love to play as the ninja from Disgaea, but 3rd party is hard enough. Minor, unlockable classes from 3rd parties? C'mon.)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
The SSB had been traditionally characters from nintendo games only (except snake and sonic), which i prefer, so i wouldnt want any of those on there that are not from Nintendo. Especially the naruto and other anime characters. Dont get me wrong Naruto is my favorite anime, but he doesnt belong in SSB.

He would kill everyone too fast

Oh and +1 to the Tetris Block LucarioX

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »
I wouldn't mind some more pokemon in there, like slowking, Pichu, Mewtwo, Zoroark, and some other popular ones.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind some more pokemon in there, like slowking, Pichu, Mewtwo, Zoroark, and some other popular ones.
The problem with this is that it'd be causing too much favor for the pokemon series. Like, There've been three from the fire emblem series, four from Super Mario, and... TEN... from the pokemon series? SSB is for the icons of each series, which is why only the origonal starters, Pikachu, Jigglypuff (pushing it), Mewtwo (eh...), Pichu (milkin' it.), and Lucario (Just... no.) made it in.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:49:11 AM »
The problem with this is that it'd be causing too much favor for the pokemon series. Like, There've been three from the fire emblem series, four from Super Mario, and... TEN... from the pokemon series? SSB is for the icons of each series, which is why only the origonal starters, Pikachu, Jigglypuff (pushing it), Mewtwo (eh...), Pichu (milkin' it.), and Lucario (Just... no.) made it in.

OT: First, I would like to say that if they aren't from a Nintendo related game, they shouldn't be in a SSB game (yes, that includes Snake and Sonic). So, with that in mind, here's my list:

Isaac (Golden Sun)
Eliwood(Fire Emblem)
Maybe Dark Samus as a damage/speed change, like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon
Maybe Funky Kong or Chunky Kong
Lloyd Irving wouldn't be a bad choice...Tales of Symphonia was Gamecube only wasn't it?
Yoshimitsu and NightmareNOT A NINTENDO SPECIFIC GAME F4G0T

uhhhh....That's it.

Also, why does everyone BAWWWW because they want their favorite anime character in it? Nintendo has to pay royalties to have them in there, which really starts to add up after 2,3,4,5,6,7 characters are being paid for. Plus, one of the reasons a SSB character is a SSB character, is because usually a large portion of the player base knows who it is, and would want to play as him/her/it. As much as you think your anime is "the best thing evar!!!111!one!" I can guaruntee that something else can be put in that is not only more known, but most likely more popular.

Just think for a second, there would be just as much rage putting someone in SSB like Ichigo or Naruto, as there would be if Nintendo decided to take out, say, Mario or Link. Escpecially because very many people hate anime(not me, I just hate Naruto and Bleach), so their fanbase would probably decrese just as much as it would increase by putting them in.

And anyways, Naruto and ichigo have their OWN goddamn fighting game to play in. Learn to hack your console and add others in if you want them so badly.

*phew* that was quite an interesting rant.

Time to ready the Flame Shield and prepare my fingers, cause here comes the hate!
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »
I don't mind third party characters so much, as long as it doesn't get overdone.
Sonic? Eh, he's been on nintendo for a while, so it's ALMOST like he's a nintend character.
Snake? Snake's vastly different from anythng nintendo has, or anything anyone has, for that matter. In addition to how popular MGS4 is, I think it was in interesting spin, you know, having the literal definition of a ninja in there.
Final Fantasy? ...Honestly, I don't think they'd belong. They wouldn't give the unique spin that snake is capable of, and I think Cloud would, more or less, wind up as a bliddy clone of Ike.
Mega Man? No. Too many people fit the description of Mega Man. He's not even a character anymore, he's a title. It would be like including a character named "Private First Class".

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 04:21:27 AM »
I don't mind third party characters so much, as long as it doesn't get overdone.
Sonic? Eh, he's been on nintendo for a while, so it's ALMOST like he's a nintend character.
Snake? Snake's vastly different from anythng nintendo has, or anything anyone has, for that matter. In addition to how popular MGS4 is, I think it was in interesting spin, you know, having the literal definition of a ninja in there.
Final Fantasy? ...Honestly, I don't think they'd belong. They wouldn't give the unique spin that snake is capable of, and I think Cloud would, more or less, wind up as a bliddy clone of Ike.
Mega Man? No. Too many people fit the description of Mega Man. He's not even a character anymore, he's a title. It would be like including a character named "Private First Class".

The thing with Sonic is, I'm pretty sure it started with Brawl for all of these nintendo+sonic games.
Snake seems really out of place, you have all of these really cartoony, unrealistic, colorful characters, then you have Snake. He seems more gritty, closer to realism than anyone else, uses more contemproary weapons like remote mines, stinger missiles, RPGs and grenades as weapons as opposed to pew pew pew lasers, fireballs, and falcon pawnches.
You're right with final Fantasy, especially since most characters are defined by their personalities in  those games, most of them just fight with a sword, black magic, blah blah blah. You always have a sword weilding warrior, some sort of quick thief, a black mage, a healer, some comic relief, the quiet and/or angry badass, and so on.
Mega Man? How is Mega Man a title? How many characters do you know that are robots with arm cannons with robot dogs who fight evil scientists and computer viruses?With hadoukens?
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 04:30:03 AM »

The thing with Sonic is, I'm pretty sure it started with Brawl for all of these nintendo+sonic games.
Snake seems really out of place, you have all of these really cartoony, unrealistic, colorful characters, then you have Snake. He seems more gritty, closer to realism than anyone else, uses more contemproary weapons like remote mines, stinger missiles, RPGs and grenades as weapons as opposed to pew pew pew lasers, fireballs, and falcon pawnches.
You're right with final Fantasy, especially since most characters are defined by their personalities in  those games, most of them just fight with a sword, black magic, blah blah blah. You always have a sword weilding warrior, some sort of quick thief, a black mage, a healer, some comic relief, the quiet and/or angry badass, and so on.
Mega Man? How is Mega Man a title? How many characters do you know that are robots with arm cannons with robot dogs who fight evil scientists and computer viruses?With hadoukens?

Metroid Comes to mind.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 04:36:02 AM »
The only 2 things that Metroid and MegaMan have in common would be an arm cannon and side scrolling-ness for most of their games.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »
I meant that Mega Man isn't an individual anymore. There are fifty billion mega men. One of them is a super robot fighting to save the world, another is a computer program, another is a kid with a robot alien dragon for an arm... and so on. Too many mega men.

As for Snake, that's what I'm saying. He adds a whole new realm of gameplay to the mix. Sure, they blew CQC out of proportion for Brawl, but it still FEELS more real than a bliddy Falcon Punch. The missiles, remote/motion mines, the grenades... They all make you feel like you NEED to make up a strategy, much like playing MGS on harder difficulties, w/o the patriot or EZ gun.
For snake, you need to think of a plan to be good. Not so with anyone else. Despite what most elitists like to think, button mashers have a habit of dominating with Ike or bowser.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 05:34:13 AM »
If you button mash with a slow character, I guaruntee you will get you ass kicked by a player who knows what they are doing.

But you're right, Snake is completely unique, but to me, he feels like he doesn't belong.
wow, theres like 42 different Megaman games, not including games like Marvel vs Capcom who have Megaman in it.
just
core
games...
damn

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
Who cares how many came out. Just put the original in

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 02:10:49 AM »
Im questioning why goldeen was used instead of magikarp.
I like slowpoke.