* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Who would be the last surviver in this battle

agron
1 (6.3%)
tyranitar
6 (37.5%)
salamence
2 (12.5%)
dragonite
7 (43.8%)
richu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: who would win?  (Read 16046 times)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: who would win?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:05 AM »
Yeah. If only Scizor was on the list. He could/would beat everyone bar Salamence :P

Even then he can still come up on top if its not a 1vs1.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:03 AM »
under all actuality. any of those  would be  able to beat each other, in my eyes.

to me it depends on EVs, items, nature, base stat, ability, moves and last but not least, luck.

luck can play a big factor if you're that kind of person who lives thru luck

Ex. Lets say mmy tyranitar is faster than a salamence in competitive battle. if you are lucky, you can keep flinching the salamence with dark pulse to the point of when the health is low enough to knock it out with dragon claw (taught) or stone edge.

But i would prefer tyranitar. it's the only pokemon with rock-dark combo, and it rapes the whole elite 4 by itself, diamond-wise
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline giutheo0

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:39 AM »
DRAGONITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 03:06:27 AM »
under all actuality. any of those  would be  able to beat each other, in my eyes.

to me it depends on EVs, items, nature, base stat, ability, moves and last but not least, luck.

Ex. Lets say mmy tyranitar is faster than a salamence in competitive battle. if you are lucky, you can keep flinching the salamence with dark pulse to the point of when the health is low enough to knock it out with dragon claw (taught) or stone edge.

But i would prefer tyranitar. it's the only pokemon with rock-dark combo, and it rapes the whole elite 4 by itself, diamond-wise

All i got to say is, why in the hell would u be running dark pulse on a tyranitar?

Tyranitar's base attack = 134
base SpAtk= 95

If you have dark pulse on a tyranitar switch it to crunch.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
DRAGONITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he likes Dragonite but im not sure

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 04:38:56 AM »
I dunno Viper, maybe Dragonite, but I'm not sure, he's not really being clear.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »
Well, aggron resists the others's stabs, except for raichu, and it gets super effective head smash against salamence and dragonite, and stab iron tail against tyranitar, and for raichu, earthquake works just fine. Type-wise, aggron has the greatest advantage.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »
Well, aggron resists the others's stabs, except for raichu, and it gets super effective head smash against salamence and dragonite, and stab iron tail against tyranitar, and for raichu, earthquake works just fine. Type-wise, aggron has the greatest advantage.

One earthquake from any of the other competitors and the 4x damage will make sure hes dead. And everybody else is faster than him, so no

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
Viper, you know all this about battling, but you don't know Raichu is a third evolution?
Pichu - Pikachu - Raichu
hurrrrrrr derp.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »

Viper, you know all this about battling, but you don't know Raichu is a third evolution?
Pichu - Pikachu - Raichu

Errr... No sir.

"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »

Pichu - Pikachu - Raichu

Errr... No sir.

He got my back

Haha but truthfully i totally forgot about pichu
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:22:12 PM by Viper »

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:19 PM »

Ehh...no lol. Even at a -speed nature, Salamence outspeeds Tyranitar. As for luck, maybe but earthquake has 100% accuraccy so unless you're running a shuca berry or balloon (both rather rare on a Tyranitar), Tyranitar won't be able to run on luck.

Head Smash won't OHKO Salamence after intimadate. Aggron is also terribly slow so Dragonite and Salamence will outpace it and OHKO with a 4x earthquake. Raichu won't be beating anyone else either. Poor thing just doesn't have the speed or offensive power to take on much in the competative scene.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:21 AM »

All i got to say is, why in the hell would u be running dark pulse on a tyranitar?

base SpAtk= 95

my pokemon is based on versatility. i already have Earthquake, Stone edge and dragon claw. that is three phy moves. if i happened to be going against a primape, and i ran phy swpr, and it was my last pokemon, i would easily get OHKO'd by counter. as for noah...

Ehh...no lol. Even at a -speed nature, Salamence outspeeds Tyranitar. As for luck, maybe but earthquake has 100% accuraccy so unless you're running a shuca berry or balloon (both rather rare on a Tyranitar), Tyranitar won't be able to run on luck.

it still can, just not with dark pulse. Stone Edge has a high Critical Hit ratio. giive it a zoom lens, and it'll be even higher. critical hits break thruogh offensive dents and defensive buffs. so just give tyranitar Atk and Def Evs, and it should survive 1 or 2 EQs. that should be enough time to get in critical SE, which should knock it out between then... if your lucky.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 05:14:12 AM »

base SpAtk= 95

my pokemon is based on versatility. i already have Earthquake, Stone edge and dragon claw. that is three phy moves. if i happened to be going against a primape, and i ran phy swpr, and it was my last pokemon, i would easily get OHKO'd by counter. as for noah...

it still can, just not with dark pulse. Stone Edge has a high Critical Hit ratio. giive it a zoom lens, and it'll be even higher. critical hits break thruogh offensive dents and defensive buffs. so just give tyranitar Atk and Def Evs, and it should survive 1 or 2 EQs. that should be enough time to get in critical SE, which should knock it out between then... if your lucky.

See thats the thing, if Tyranitar was able to get a hit in then maybe. I've tested; A calm/bold/careful Tyranitar (max defence) with 252 DEF EVs and/or 252 HP EVs is still OHKO'd by an earthquake from an Adamant max Atk Salamence. If it were to invest that heavily in the defensive stats, it wouldn't be able to OHKO Salamence due to its not lack-luster atk which has already been cut in half: in which case Salamence would just 2HKO it. You can't expcet to "just give a pokemon Atk and Def EVs" and expect it will surive super effective hits.

Also note: Zoom Lense are normally banned from competative play or not looked upon lightly.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
I can overlook the questioning of my competitive battling experience. (Seeing as I'm going on ten years of it now, so it's not a big deal.)

base SpAtk= 95

Not to sound condescending, but I would infer that you have less competitive battling experience than me from that statement alone. From Gen III onward Tyraniboah was one of Tyranitar's most lethal movesets. (And I helped popularize it.)

It was commonly used on a team where it could take advantage of getting Tyranitar's most used counters to switch in on him, substituting on the switch, and then taking care of them using their crappy Special Defense stat. (Read: Scizor, a common switch in. He can take everything barring a SE crit, but cannot take even a single flamethrower.) Dark Pulse or Crunch were interchangeable, with the third move generally being Focus Punch to make good use of the Sub and his ability to negate Leftovers.

I would never send a Tyranitar for a 1v1 against a Dragonite anyway. If he hasnt had time to DD i pull him out.

And ive never seen my Tar been hit by a Focus Blast before so idk if he would survive, but i do know superpower wrecks him up

Then you would know that you proposed a situation that would never actually happen. You would never send in a Tyranitar against a Dragonite, and the reverse is also true.

CScarf is Tyranitar's second most common set, therefor it is usually prepared for if there is a flaw in team building that would lead to a weakness from Scarftar. If you are running Scarfed Dragonite, another equally common set, then it all comes down to whoever was out first.

In the situation the OP provided, however, there were no clear indicators to an ongoing battle, so it's assumd that both of them are out at the same time (They were your starters, which would not be a stretch as both are used as leads), in which case Dragonite would have the advantage.

[]... Zoom Lense are normally banned from competative play or not looked upon lightly.

Zoom Lens doesn't increase crit chance, it actually increases Accuracy by 20% if the user moves after the opponent. There was an error in translation and it ended up saying crit. However, testing has proven (Mine and others, if you'd care to look in to it) that it is indeed a 20% accuracy boost. The translation error was fixed in games after Diamond and Pearl.

In reference to crit boosting items, they are not banned per se. They're just generally looked down upon as they throw more luck into the game.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:22:41 PM by Raikt »
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**