* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokémon Universe Music  (Read 42815 times)

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Re: PU Music Update
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 06:39:34 PM »
Ok I'm not gonna be an asshole and I know you guys wanna listen to something lol.

So I've had this on YouTube and MySpace for a long time and some of you have already listened to it, but many new people around here haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8gBByTisP0

The background music in this video is just one of the route themes from the game. If you've played Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald this will sound very familiar in terms of composition style.

Let me know what you guys think. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:42:24 PM by Hiteryan »
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »
Sounds just like it's from a pokemon game. Good going.

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:36 AM »
wow its amazing how it sound like it was ripped straight from a pokemon game

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 03:43:08 AM »
For a cave, this sounds good. I was thinking for the first measures of the 4/4, it could be doubled, or surrounded with a repeat bar; starting with the original chord, and slowly adding in the different instrumental parts until the main cave theme is formed, ending in a dissonant chord that sforzandos to a fermata, and then go on with the main theme that can be repeated. (Was looking at the top piece.) HOWEVER, that follows my writing pattern, and could be a little to complex for the mood you're trying to achieve. I may be in the mindset of a theatre production instead of pixels. xD It sounds wonderful, as is. It has a profound sense complicated simplicity, if that makes ANY sense. It really painted a picture for me.

The second piece is just...awesomesauce. I don't think it could be ANY closer to the original melody without being copyright infringement. XD Basically, you did an awesome job. Keep up the good work!

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »
LOL Tymid. Are you into music theory more than I am? XD I never had any music or theory lessons, I just kind of go and compose stuff using my own knowledge and experience so in terms of technical terms and mumbo jumbo you probably are way better than where I stand ;D

But I'm the kind of person who finds that the most I understand things, the less amusing they seem.

Just because of that I might let you have a peek on the actual music. As far as the second one goes, the melody is completely original. I just made it in triplets, used a recurring motiff from the original Pokémon theme for the intro bit and (as I've said a billion times) proccessed the midi through the gameboy advance synth. All that combined just makes it sound like a song ripped off an original game :b
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:26:47 PM by Hiteryan »

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »
Really? I'd love to see more of the original manuscript. You're a fantastic writer, so there's not much I can add except for some smoother phrase transitioning and such.

But since you did ask, I'm a music education major, so I am taking music theory classes. xD My ear is what I use to compose, though.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
So many chords 0_o

let me know if you'd like something of the musical nature, for I am quite good with fruity loops ;)

Offline liljoshuRAWR

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
i think they should be a way to make your own playlist soo you like a few songs but not over ones you can make the songs you like play and not the other ones, also i think they shud be a radio that plays random songs and have jokes and what happing brocasted :)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
i think they should be a way to make your own playlist soo you like a few songs but not over ones you can make the songs you like play and not the other ones, also i think they shud be a radio that plays random songs and have jokes and what happing brocasted :)

Been there, done tha... *sigh* no
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 02:03:14 AM »
Holy crap a freebie lulz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv69uMXNkoI

Sounds great Hiteryan. Appreciate the update.

One random question tho, I was curious to know if there was going to be  different music for each building (as there is in routes, cities, and so on) as well or will all of the buildings be subject to a similar score?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:08:01 AM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »
Holy crap a freebie lulz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv69uMXNkoI

Sounds great Hiteryan. Appreciate the update.

One random question tho, I was curious to know if there was going to be  different music for each building (as there is in routes, cities, and so on) as well or will all of the buildings be subject to a similar score?

Err... all I can say is that in terms of that it will generally follow the same formula of the main series games.

EDIT: In regard of anyone who'd like to compose music for the game, I will give them the same answer I've given to someone else:

"Me and Mr_Dark have very specific ideas in terms of what we want to do for this game. Perhaps about 1/3 of the soundtrack has been composed, and it follows some particular defined leitmotiffs, as well as the composition styles used by original Pokémon game composers Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose. Also, each piece of music is proccessed through the Gameboy Advance synth, which is a frustrating proccess when things go wrong for no reason, because there's a limit of 5 notes at the same time and there are specific groups of instruments that can be used for one song. I've been composing since like, September, and it still messes me up sometimes.

Nothing against you in particular, you're not the first person to want to collaborate with music for the soundtrack. The only reason we never really defined that nobody else could join the job is because I always tend to think about it from my own perspective of when I discovered PU. But to avoid more situations like this I'll just set the job position as locked.

If you do want any of your music to appear in some form in the game, maybe we could do something about that, I don't know. There have been ideas such as an in-game radio or something, but we have to think that through."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:13:22 AM by Hiteryan »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
I couldn't listen to it, but I must say that you do a really good job in the Team. I'll be looking forward for your future 'masterpieces' ;)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »
This music is quite sexy.

Offline UnationConsideration

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
This music is quite sexy.
I hope you don't get twisted thoughts, from Pokemon music!
Feed My pokemon please I dont want it to die of hunger!
Wont you please feed that cute face?