* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: moderators of these forums need to learn manners for sure!  (Read 8582 times)

Offline Jad

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
moderators of these forums need to learn manners for sure!
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
i have never seen such a clumsy forum moderators  that the only thing they do is picking on people about their questions and their topics .
you have nothing near amateur skills or even communication skills .

second point This game is under development from over a year? !
i have seen the team topic goes back to 2009 NOV ! why the heck are you spreading the game since then ?!

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Re: moderators of these forums need to learn manners for sure!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »
Oh you just called in a major flamestorm, i can already see the hate coming....

Maybe you should ask smart questions and actually read about the game? And why dont you try programming and drawing a game from scratch like this and tell me how long it takes you.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
 Our moderators are way better than some that i've seen on other forums. If you don't like it, shut up and leave. They aren't being jerks, they're sick of hearing the same questions asked over and over. And they're trying to make the game the best pokemon MMORPG ever. If they just hurried through it, it would suck like some of the other pokemon MMOs. If you don't like how stuff works here, then leave so that we don't have to deal with an *sshole like you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:59:19 PM by Trainerx »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
I would also remind you that the devs are people who have a life, and some of them are really busy. Being in development since Nov 2009 is no excuse to ask such questions that have already been answered so many times. Even the official Nintendo games take years to be made.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »
Dear Jad,

I'm sorry to hear you don't like our moderators. Unfortunately this is because of all the newfaggotry we get on this forum, probably due to the closing of some other Pokemon MMORPGs. The attitude of our moderators can be explained.

It gets annoying when you have to delete several "how do I play Pokemon Universe"  or "When will it be released?!" topics a day. While the answer to these questions can be easily found HERE and HERE. But I guess the intelligence quotient of the majority of all the new members who joined us in the last 2 or 3 weeks, is so low they can't read (or lack the skill to search the forum) and just decide to create a new topic.

Your second point about the game being in development for over a year. Well I can tell you that Pokemon Universe has been in development for almost 2 years. WHY?! I hear you ask.
  • Making a game from scratch takes A LOT of time
  • We don't just copy all the original content from Nintendo and turn it into a MMORPG. We're creating a whole new region and our tile size is 3 times as big, so we need to create new art
  • Because of this new art, we need a lot of SKILLED pixel artists, but unfortunately we only have 1
  • Answering stupid questions on the forum or IRC takes time away which could be used for development

Besides these points there is 1 more important one:
THE PU TEAM ARE ALL NORMAL COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO HAVE A LIFE! WE MAKE THIS GAME FOR FREE, SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR DEVELOPMENT PROCESS!

Well Jad, I hope this answers your questions and feel free to join us at IRC, we're actually nice people (if you don't act like a selfish 12yr old brad).

P.s. It's not like you're bound to this forum. So if you don't like it here feel free to leave and never come back.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:10:22 PM by Mr_Dark »
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
Do you know how long it takes for a triple A game like Halo or Call of duty with teams of 40+ professionals to be made? 2-4 years. Last time I checked, this team has about 20, they're doing it in their free time FOR FREE, the're making everything FROM SCRATCH; as in, new map, all new pokemon sprites, changes in the mechanics, and on top of that, they have to come on this forum and deal with idiots like you who think that they get one idea and noone has ever thought of before. Ive only been here for about 6 months and every goddamn day theres always the same thing. Some retard is asking how to play/thinks pokemon should follow you/thinks fly should be controllable/wants to know if all the pokemon are in the game/ thinks legendaries should be harder to catch. I want you to make a voice recording with these stupid comments, and set that recording as your alarm in the morning, and see how long it takes for you to smash it with a hammer.

TL:DR go F*ck yourself kid, you're nothing special, if you don't like it, STFU and GTFO.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Mysterium

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Mysty's Doodles.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
First of all:

By grouping ALL moderators together with your chosen title, you launch a bullet at an ENTIRE group of very hardworking people. To be honest, I've never met a more social and welcoming group of mos. Sure, if you ask ridiculous questions, you're bound to get a smartass answer. The moderators do try to make everyone feel welcome, and this is coming from a forum newbie.. I've been here probably almost a week, and I already love it here.

Second of all:

It takes Nintendo or any other company over a Year to create a game, and they do that for a living. These people have lives they still have to be a part of, and can't drop everything because some kid is whining over the fact he has to wait for a game.

The next time you go making accusations, or making insults at people, you could try:
 1. Not generalizing
2. Taking up the issue personally with a higher moderator of sorts, because these forum posts whining about your dissatisfaction kills the entire mood of the forums.

Thank You.

Fly, my pretties! Fly! Fly!

Offline Jad

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
Mr_Dark your answer was most convenience tbh , so i wont bother answering other players.

am not complaining about the time taking to finish this game and it's definitely having a huge success .
but really making a game forums from more than 2 years before the game is released  is way too much to make people hope that next day could be starting day of this game, and yet it could take another 1 or 2 years. no idea but i read 1st April 2012?!!!

am one of the biggest pokemon fans and i have already told couple of friends about this game.

IF you lack on artists and developers , try to find a sponsor company to help you out with cash and human resources .
Regards.

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »
This project is and always has been a hobby project. That is all I have to say, you can figure the rest out yourself.

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Jad you are being very disrespectfull and have no idea what your talking about.

Atleast take the time to learn that this game is like writing a book. It is a hobby which is only contributed to a little a day since it takes alot of thought and time even to add a small amount to it.

MAN MEAT <3

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
Please consider the following:
1. We are not a company
2. We are not Nintendo/Gamfreak
3. No company will get involved with us, because it would cause problems for them.
4. We cannot in any way earn money on this project, and let alone pay people to work for us, unless this comes from our own pockets.
5. This is a hobby project, not something we do for a living.
6. Anybody can help developing the game, since both the graphical and programming part of the project is open.

Instead of complaining about how we handle questions, please understand that helping us develop the game, or helping us find souls willing to contribute (code and graphics) to this project, would be a lot more appreciated. Hope this answers your questions.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:30:56 PM by Baka »

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:03 PM »
I pretty much just want to to repeat what everybody else said. Because it is all true.

You have no business to be like that. Try making an entire MMO, a Pokemon game, made from half as many people, who are not getting paid, and taking their own time and money for the sake of others. It would take a while, they have lives.

Also April 1st 2012 was partially a joke, that is when "the world will end!1!!1"

Also, if you want to have your opinion heard have at it, but don't be mean. Nothing near amatuer, is a little, scratch that, a lot disrespectful.

Everyone else has said pretty much everything that needs to be said. Maybe you should listen to them, and me.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 04:38:22 AM »
It seems to me that how much people like the PU team is directly related to the person's IQ.

Offline Mysterium

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Mysty's Doodles.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »
That must mean I am super intelligent. ;D

Fly, my pretties! Fly! Fly!

Offline Jad

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
Trust me if you'd try a company that would supply you with at least cash , you would find one because this game could achieve a huge profit later on.
With more time passing people are giving up this game would be over
am 100% with you Baka and I already got the idea it's a hobby job but again the idea and effort on this game could be handled easily with a company adopting this.