* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Profiles] The Omnicide Reality  (Read 53831 times)

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
Re: [Profiles] Omnicide Games
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
Thank you kind sir.
sup

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
Sigh, I remember when having a firearm in this RP was original.
On a serious note, it doesn't make sense for guys who were insane with swords to also be insane with guns, I mean my char can't do anything except shoot. Not even hand to hand :P

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
Thats kind of a short version of what i said, but yeah.
Though you do learn a bit of CQC regardless if you have military training. My character won't be doing much of that though, everyone's far away!

Ugh, that just sounded to me like a little kid saying, "yeah but I don't have to follow that rule"
in my head... I don't like that.

How r is people hearing things my character thinks? In literature, I've always been tought

Italics is a characters thoughts
"Quotations r is peoples talkings"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:11:32 PM by Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
Well, Demos' father was a gunsmith. I had already thought of that before the mountains. It will play a more important role when we break out. Say.. In 2 weeks, during the execution?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »
Stefan is medium with a gun, hence why I always leave it up to the other RPer if I actually hit them, which I'm glad works out to be about 50/50 with the hit/miss. Kudos, everyone. Primarily, he's a Thai boxer, but you can't hold someone at gunpoint or shoot someone in the chest with your hands, so the gun was born. Regardless, Eclipse and Calx are both much better shots than him.
Also, Rex, is there anything you WON'T have your character be insanely proficient at? Insane marksmanship with an inaccurate weapon like throwing knives is one thing, but when you combine that with insane sword skill AND hand to hand combat, it starts to get a little iffy. Alls I know is that if a fistfight breaks out between Stefan and Rex, Stefan is coming out on top. :\
Pokemon, two weeks sounds good to me. But what do we do if we're not yet bored of the RP once we break out? Recapture? If so, I want to mod for the main bad guy.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Thats just how it goes, fry. The younger ones want the super indestructible best at everything characters.
When they get older, they'll learn its not fun to win all the tim- whoa deja vu.

I believe I said the same damn thing in "A New Life RP".

There has to be conflict in a story. If the character wins all the time, then there is no conflict, just a story of a person moving casually through different characters, making no real interaction with them as they pass by.

Here's a little analogy:

One cannot be happy all of the time, for they are never truly happy. Happiness, is when you are above your average emotional, just as sadness is below it. If you claim to be happy all of the time, you claim to constantly be above your average emotional level, which is impossible. So really, you are just as you always are.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:11 PM »
Stefan is medium with a gun, hence why I always leave it up to the other RPer if I actually hit them, which I'm glad works out to be about 50/50 with the hit/miss. Kudos, everyone. Primarily, he's a Thai boxer, but you can't hold someone at gunpoint or shoot someone in the chest with your hands, so the gun was born. Regardless, Eclipse and Calx are both much better shots than him.
Also, Rex, is there anything you WON'T have your character be insanely proficient at? Insane marksmanship with an inaccurate weapon like throwing knives is one thing, but when you combine that with insane sword skill AND hand to hand combat, it starts to get a little iffy. Alls I know is that if a fistfight breaks out between Stefan and Rex, Stefan is coming out on top. :\
Pokemon, two weeks sounds good to me. But what do we do if we're not yet bored of the RP once we break out? Recapture? If so, I want to mod for the main bad guy.
With throwing knives. i have never use a gun before. only knives and swords.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »
If 2 weeks comes and we aren't bored yet, we don't break out. That is, unless we want to break out and be recaptured. (This would also mean that the security would become stronger, though.)
Also, for the record, Demos is good with a few weapons, and average with pistols. He doesn't really use the pistol at all. Only for the mountains, as he hasn't needed a longer ranged weapon before. He tends to use his gunblade, but now he's moving more towards wrist knives (Like the ones in Assassin's Creed) He's also good with stealth, as he has been forced to steal before to stay alive. He uses stealth a lot, and it is how he has stayed alive, if you haven't noticed.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
Rex is a narcissistic ninja. He over plays his own ability.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »
Kain isn't going to be too accurate with gun, since he hasn't used one for a while. And he would be a little too powerful if he was good with a rifle, a sword, and a spear. I try not to make my RP characters to powerful, otherwise they don't lose enough. He's very good at using a spear, good at using a sword, and kind of good at using guns.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:09:41 AM by Trainerx »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »
Stefan's job is being the nice guy in the crapsack world that is Omnicide.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:46 AM »
 I'm going to bed now.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »
Fine, I'll peg you in the head to keep the story going, cause I beleive theres a different fight every day?
You go for Fry's lady friend and a pop you one, nothing fancy. Anyone object?

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2011, 03:40:05 AM »
I don't see a problem. Assuming he was making himself an obvious target.
Though, once you start killing off PC's, the game has to end relatively soon.

Fry-dit:
Actually, he was definitely not aiming at either of us, and even put his rifle away recently. Let's call it a night, then. Bedtime for me, too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:42:39 AM by Frenchfry »

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:56 AM »
Well, its just I thought there was different fight everyday, and if he goes to bed without his character being out of commision, while he's still in combat it kind of cokcblocks the story. Like, I feel bad for doing it, but for the good of the RP, this fight has to end tonight, or we'll be behind.