* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: what you hope for from Gen 6  (Read 121141 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: what you hope for from Gen 6
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:34 AM »
the only way it would be any good is as a special wall... but poision is weak to Psychic... with the right move pool it could be a decent wall...

Offline DR.ROC

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
I just want the same originality that has been in every pokemon game although i would like to see lapras evolve  ;D also something more original then -meet team blah blah they do or steal blah blah now you gotta go defeat them at their secret base -

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
Kinda like in B/W right Dr.Roc? Team Plasma was new. I agree, we should see more then the same thing!
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:08 AM »
What about a story line where your best friend gets caught up in the plans of the evil team?

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2011, 12:24:29 AM »
I like that. Maybe he is the leader and you don't know until the end.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »
Maybe it's time for real, evil doers in pokemon.  No more of the "I'm gonna steal you pokemon then rule the world!!!"

It might be time for more of this "Charizard Go!  kill them all! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" or this "Weezing use smog"  (People then start dropping from the toxic fumes and actually get hurt) 

Then you defend the people from getting killed by a giant flying fire lizard. 

But, it prolly won't happen.

But really it would be kinda cool to have a dark twist on pokemon.

OR better yet

Fallout 4: Pokemon

A fallout pokemon game.

Instead of followers you get pokemon to follow you.  Forget the mutant thing and the awesome black guy and the dog.  You would have a Charizard following you everywhere and helping in battles.

Awesome right?

Offline gaurdianAQ

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »
Maybe it's time for real, evil doers in pokemon.  No more of the "I'm gonna steal you pokemon then rule the world!!!"

It might be time for more of this "Charizard Go!  kill them all! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" or this "Weezing use smog"  (People then start dropping from the toxic fumes and actually get hurt) 

Then you defend the people from getting killed by a giant flying fire lizard. 

But, it prolly won't happen.

But really it would be kinda cool to have a dark twist on pokemon.

OR better yet

Fallout 4: Pokemon

A fallout pokemon game.

Instead of followers you get pokemon to follow you.  Forget the mutant thing and the awesome black guy and the dog.  You would have a Charizard following you everywhere and helping in battles.

Awesome right?

A darker twist on pokemon would be neat... Odd but neat, but I don't see why they are constantly inventing new pokemon, I'd like to see a return of gen 1 pokemon, and maybe just introduce some new gameplay aspects, I've only ever played red but I read up on the other ones and they pretty much just forget the old pokemon...
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »
Or maybe the storyline could be set in the far far future or the far far past , change of scenery and deffinatly a different storyline.

Offline Sibone1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »
to make the pokemon original!! something the last 2 generations have failed to do. No original 150 to evolve, they ruined every pokemon from the 1st gen they have evolved.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
I want something to be like, you have a choice to join a Team, or destroy it. Like for instance there's a Team that wants to further industrial ideas but at the cost of the land's natural growth and such. and a Pokemon goes with their ideas, and it's a LE Poison/Steel pokemon.

On opposite side, is the team full of those wishing to preserve the land, and their LE pokemon is a Grass/Ground pokemon or something.

Mypoint is, letting you actually join a side in the conflict and seeing how things play out, or in short; a pokemon game with multiple different endings
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
to make the pokemon original!! something the last 2 generations have failed to do. No original 150 to evolve, they ruined every pokemon from the 1st gen they have evolved.

I just don't understand how people can think this. I would rather see the Devs give older pokemon evolutions or devolutions than make all new pokemon. Unless they're making a new pekemon that's a new type combination or something different like that. Not just making the new generation's version of a previous generation's pokemon.

If you don't like the new evolutions, don't evolve your pokemon.

Offline TrainerAce

• New Trainer
  • Determination is a monster that no one can tame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
I would not like to see Gen VI. They are gonna create infinite Pokemons or keep evolving old ones till there are no Pokemons left. I'd say let's put Pokemon to rest and (which will never happen any soon if it's nintendo) get something new. We can always play Pokemon if we miss it.

But if there has to be a Gen VI I would like to see -

- An original story, something that has never been done before (like going back in time (dialga or celebi anyone?) and revisiting old regions to correct something that will heal the future, that kind of stuff!)

- An unified region with ALL Pokemons known so far. Or something like another Kanto adventure with different plot or characters (maybe our hero now starts from Lavender town instead and his first gym is at Saffron City?)

- Whatever the region is i want to see players able to choose gyms in any order they like. Difficulty will be automatically calculated based on players average party level.

- No more UGLY pokemons that simply shows nintendo is running out of ideas. I'm looking at you Tornadus and your freaky friends.

- More open-ended sandbox like gameplay and similar quest system.

- PLEASE do something about those irritating excuses called HMs. Some are useful but I don't see why I have to waste 1 / 4 move slot for something that I would need to cut plants! Make separate move slots for HMs. Players will have the option to use or not use HMs in battles, regardless of whether they teach them to their party. Or make the HM replaceable with non HM moves.

- Evolve certain weaker Pokemon like Dunsparce or Luvdisc or atleast give them some special balancing trait.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »
Well ugly is subjective. I don't think Tornadus and his brothers are ugly. Gen V made it so you don't even need HMs to beat the game, besides using Cut once and maybe needing surf (which is one of the better moves in the game anyway), so that's good.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
To tell the truth I think the Pokemon are slowly getting better. Every Gen should be in the game though, fo'sho.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »
I really liked that until you beat the game you could only use Gen V pokemon.  I though that was a nice touch that should be repeated.  They just need a better selection of pokemon from the older gens once the game is beaten.

It would also be cool if they allowed you to pick any starter.  Like charmander to whatever new ones they come up with.  You could pick starters from old gens.  (I know it kinda contradicts my above idea but, hey combining both would be cool.)