* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: what you hope for from Gen 6  (Read 121191 times)

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: what you hope for from Gen 6
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:59 AM »
All I'm saying, is that rotom isn't a true electric grass pokemon, seeing as how you catch it as an electric ghost, and also how you can change it back to the original. Of course i evolve eevee, but that is completely different seeing as it is EVOLVING, you dont evolve rotom to change its form. And the other pokemon that change forms when they evolve, yes i evolve them too, because it is evolving, rotom does not evolve, its forms are not evolutions. Now can we put this stupid argument down, and stay on topic.

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »
All I'm saying, is that rotom isn't a true electric grass pokemon, seeing as how you catch it as an electric ghost, and also how you can change it back to the original. Of course i evolve eevee, but that is completely different seeing as it is EVOLVING, you dont evolve rotom to change its form. And the other pokemon that change forms when they evolve, yes i evolve them too, because it is evolving, rotom does not evolve, its forms are not evolutions. Now can we put this stupid argument down, and stay on topic.

I do not like the idea of triple typed pokemon, it just seems like it will get too cluttered, too messy, and changing the ability to effectively give them a third type, hmmmmm, doesn't sound like it will be a popular change in the game. And then if they implement this idea but alter it, say giving pokemon two abilities, that means that pokemon that don't seem to need to be another type, will also have to have an extra ability, it will completely change peoples game plan, how they battle, which pokemon they use. Lets just hypothetically say, they are making the gen 6 pokemon now, they have made a water/electric type with drizzle as one ability and swift swim (or rain dish) as another, now lets say they introduce this new second ability, this pokemon will either have constant increased speed and 100% accuracy thunder, or constant regained health and 100% accuracy thunder. Sure that seems pretty good and all, but what if they have already made the opposite yet equal pokemon for the other version (like serviper and zangoose) this pokemon is a fire type, it has drought and flash fire, with the two abilities (currently ignoring the fact that water beats fire) the water type will have an advantage over the fire, just by abilities alone.
It seems like you completely misunderstood what Pokemaster Mac was saying. I think he meant that there would be a second ability(or maybe a special ability where you wouldn't get the other ability you would normally have), which added a third type, but didn't do anything else. So, the extra abilities would be fair, because the ability's only effect is giving it an extra type. And if Nintendo made this ability rare, then a lot of pokemon wouldn't have it. And he never said anything about having two abilities in his post. I'm not sure if this idea would work though.

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »
Oh come on they should just stop it and work on a massive Wii or DS game that would enable the player to go through all the regions and go through all the 40 gyms and have an actual sequential and original and adult storyline and featuring no more than the Pokémon included in the first 5 gens. Making new games is great but new Pokémon is just horrible. Just work with what you guys got. Of course this isn't gonna happen but damn that would be sweet.

EDIT: I would get the hardest of boners if they made something like a direct sequel to Pokémon Crystal. Since GSC is the sequel to RBY story-wise, that would be awesome. Now with an insane storyline.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:06:23 PM by Hiteryan »
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
Oh come on they should just stop it and work on a massive Wii or DS game that would enable the player to go through all the regions and go through all the 40 gyms and have an actual sequential and original and adult storyline and featuring no more than the Pokémon included in the first 5 gens. Making new games is great but new Pokémon is just horrible. Just work with what you guys got. Of course this isn't gonna happen but damn that would be sweet.

Isn't this why were waiting for PU, more or less?

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Well the fact that this game is close to completion with that whole idea it would just take just aslong for a ds game with all the regions in it to be released.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2011, 01:44:36 AM »
My original intent when thinking of something like a 3rd-type ability, was something like with the Dreamworld abilities. And not every pokemon but select few that seem necessary or something like that
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »
I think it would be pretty amazing if the main Pokemon followed you like in yellow. Also I think that the battles be more like the shows on tv with how they dodge and things and i just think that would be neat.

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
I think it would be pretty amazing if the main Pokemon followed you like in yellow.

Well you can do that on HeartGold/SoulSilver.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
I heard that  Nintendo are making a new Gamecube Console so generation 6 could appear in that.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
I heard that  Nintendo are making a new Gamecube Console so generation 6 could appear in that.
Where did you here that? I don't know if that's true, but in IGN's podcast they said that Nintendo announced that they were making a new HD console, and that they would show it to us at E3 this year(or maybe it was next year.). And Pokemon is one of Nintendo's best handheld games, so I don't think that they would put it on a console unless they made it for both a console and a handheld. What did you mean by a 'new Gamecube Console'?

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
Handheld game sales would likely suffer if they let Pokemon leave the handheld console. I wonder if they'll make a DS player like the gameboy player.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »
no remember its all 3ds now
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:00:17 PM by Meowth 2126 »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
'the remember'...? >.<
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »
*thunk*  *thunk*  *thunk* *thunk* (thats the sound of me hitting my desk with my head)
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
Does the 3Ds use a different kind of cartridge than the DS? If not it doesn't matter. DS, 3Ds, whatever.