* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1973389 times)

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #2760 on: February 13, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
What do David Eddings and Stephen Donaldson write? Any suggestions?

Eh... I'm normally okay with movie adaptations of books, even if I read the book, except for Eragon. That movie must die. I had such high hopes for it too--it could have been amazing, but they cut EVERYTHING good out and messed up the entire story. >:(  There was something else I really didn't like the adaptation of... but I don't remember it atm...

And yeah, I saw the end of the universe thing but I must have missed them releasing the Master. I picked it back up with Donna by the Doctor, and the Master pretty much ruling the world, which scared the crap outta me... O_O

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 13, 2012, 12:58:39 AM »
David Eddings writes books like te belgariad and the elenium series, and Stephen Donaldson wrote the chronicles of Thomas covenant. They wrote more obviously but they are my favourites by those authors.

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 13, 2012, 04:35:44 AM »
What are those about?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:35 AM »
Bah, reading another work. If the first chapter doesn't hook me, I place it down and write out my aggravation by writing something 1000 times better. I have a very particular score I use for books.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
That's an interesting way to do things. I like rewriting the occasional ending, but I'm really not picky about books pretty much ever. I have to read a book through whether I like it or not. If I start, I can't put it down. If I make the mistake of opening a thriller novel (which I HATE) I have to cheat and skip to like the last 40 pages or so to get the ending, which is at least sort of a good ending even if there's something hinting a bad guy's still there--I'm not kidding.
Even badly written stories I finish, though nonfictions rarely get much of my attention.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:56:32 AM by Hinagiku »

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 13, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »
I have to finish a book if i start it and if its a series then i have to finish the series but what makes it suck is that i don't like reading.
It's going to be legend- wait for it, and i hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be dairy, legendary!
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,2575.0.html

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:34 PM »
Lots and lots of shoujo manga for me. Shounen anime.

Anyways, on the topic of reading. While the art for the MR manga is GORGEOUS (read them too--<3<3<3 Fang), read the books. Seriously. They're so much more in depth.

And Ikr? *crosses fingers* Don't let them have messed it up! It looks good though. The choice for Peeta is interesting--it's the guy from Bridge to Terabithia, which I've also read.
And now I remember. I also love C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, except for The Silver Chair.
I read Shonen and Shojo, and watch Shonen and Shojo. XD
<3<3<3 Fang. So cute.
I mean, I can't totally agree on actor choices, based on the ads I've seen....That's just not how I imagined them. But it'll still be a good movie, I should hope.

What do David Eddings and Stephen Donaldson write? Any suggestions?

Eh... I'm normally okay with movie adaptations of books, even if I read the book, except for Eragon. That movie must die. I had such high hopes for it too--it could have been amazing, but they cut EVERYTHING good out and messed up the entire story. >:(  There was something else I really didn't like the adaptation of... but I don't remember it atm...
Ahem, I'm going to suggest one-Percy Jackson. Awesome movie, true-but that was NOT PercY Jackson and the lightning thief. No way, no how.

Bah, reading another work. If the first chapter doesn't hook me, I place it down and write out my aggravation by writing something 1000 times better. I have a very particular score I use for books.
I generally try to read a bit into a story before giving up. I mean, the Artemis Fowl series starts off somewhat slowly, but it's AMAZING.
Also....If I don't like the ending for something...I just re-imagine it. I mean, I'm CONSTANTLY daydreaming and imagining stuff, even if I never plan to use it or write it down in any way. I can imagine out whole scenes in my head.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 13, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »
I'm mad now.......
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 14, 2012, 02:55:09 AM »
Ahem... Um, I've read Percy Jackson. Pretty much all of them. OH YEAH, that was the other movie I was mad at even though I'd only read the book after (usually if I read a book after the movie I don't mind a thing in the movie...) My sister was a Percy Jackson nut for a good year or too. It was pretty good, but not my druthers.

And @Vulpix, why are you mad?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:41 AM »
So, to do what we do best, who here knows how to cook? I like to cook Italian, French, and Mexican food, best dish is a breaded chicken with an alfredo sauce and a side of potatoes au grotten. Nothing fancy, but it's my best dish. Best dessert is brownies

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 14, 2012, 06:21:05 AM »
I bake more than cook--and my best dish is gingerbread cookies from scratch. They are amazing, if I may say so myself. I've even converted people who previously thought they hated gingerbread with them.
Almost all my desserts turn out pretty delicious, but I can't make 'em often with a diabetic stepmom... :\

I know how to cook, but I'm often too lazy to do much more than make it out of a box like Hamburger Helper.
I like cooking Italian food best, like lasagna, fettucine alfredo, spaghetti (yeah, I know they're relatively easy, but at least with the spaghetti we make our own sauce). I don't like Mexican food enough to make more than basic tacos.
Lasagna or a basic baked chicken dinner are probably the best I've cooked.

Offline OneKnightStand

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
@Hinagiku: Have you checked out the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan or Brian Sanderson's Mistborn series? Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is also a good read if you were a kid (or fan) of the 80's.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
I mostly cook burgers, steak, mac n' cheese, salad, and french fries. Sometimes I try to learn how to cook something else.

Like Hangiku, I sometimes get lazy and use instant stuff. I never tried making deserts, mostly because my parents are diabetic. :I
. . .

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 14, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
Oh too bad because I can make a mean jelly. 8)
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »
So, ranting time by Cortex J.

Today is a special day to most of us here. A day that brings out the best in anyone, who does anything in their power to make a good image of them self. This is a day we call Valentines day. The day of love, chocolate, cards, and romance. Ah, the day we like to call innocent.

Now above was all pretty and nice, yes. Made you think today is awesome. For some, that is true, for others, not so much. So I would like to introduce the alternative translation for today. Single Awareness Day. The day where all the singles get sick looking at all the love, all the chocolate, and all the cards, and have nothing better to do with the day than try to get a nice meal at a restaurant that isn't booked up, or has hearts everywhere. They rather this day end, as it is the longest day ever for them.

So, I would like to say to all you singles out there, Happy Single Awareness Day, and hope you all find something to do with your time and money, and you are not truly alone, you have other singles who have time and money, so combine that time and money, and take a trip to an awesome place, and treat yourself rather than on someone else.

On a side note, me and some friends are going to snowboard today, some guy filled a warehouse full of snow, sculpted slopes, and is keeping it at a nice temperature. Lots of fun.