* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1973633 times)

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #2490 on: January 26, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
I don't think that would work because my cousin was saying that companies aren't allowed to implement suggestions from fans
It's going to be legend- wait for it, and i hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be dairy, legendary!
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,2575.0.html

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 26, 2012, 10:43:56 PM »
Lexie, they have wolves in old Japanese myths, sheesh.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
really like what?
It's going to be legend- wait for it, and i hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be dairy, legendary!

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 26, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
well I dont know specifically...*sighs* Most of my expertise deals with manga...But I DO know that there were wolve demons, at least. And I know they had foxes, too.
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #2494 on: January 27, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »
Oh. Well, once again, that makes sense. And I never do XD But, oh well. That's fine with me. As long as they come up with one, I'll be fine. Maybe a few other Dragon types too...
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 27, 2012, 01:57:11 AM »
YEAH DRAGON POKEMON!!!!!! I NEED MORE OF THEM!!!

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 27, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »
There aren't many wolf myths in japan, they tend to lean more towards foxes instead of wolves, although if you are using any culture then ancient norse have quite a few mythological wolves. Although i would love if they made a wolf pokemon, wolves are my favourite animal.

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 27, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »
Same arctus wolves are awesome and can you name a norse wolf I'm a bit rusty with norse mythology.

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:26 AM »
Vexture, sorry I'm not Arctus, but here--straight from the great(not, but hey) Wikipedia :P

Quote from: Wikipedia: Wolves in folklore, religion, and mythology
Japanese mythology

In Japan, grain farmers once worshiped wolves at shrines and left food offerings near their dens, beseeching them to protect their crops from wild boars and deer. Talismans and charms adorned with images of wolves were thought to protect against fire, disease, and other calamities and brought fertility to agrarian communities and to couples hoping to have children. The Ainu people believed that they were born from the union of a wolflike creature and a goddess.

Norse mythology

Norse mythology prominently includes three malevolent wolves, in particular: the giant Fenrisulfr or Fenrir, eldest child of Loki and Angrboda who was feared and hated by the Æsir, and Fenrisulfr's children, Sköll and Hati. Fenrir is bound by the gods, but is ultimately destined to grow too large for his bonds and devour Odin during the course of Ragnarök. At that time, he will have grown so large that his upper jaw touches the sky while his lower touches the earth when he gapes. He will be slain by Odin's son, Viðarr, who will either stab him in the heart or rip his jaws asunder according to different accounts.[8] Fenrir's two offspring will according to legend, devour the sun and moon at Ragnarök. On the other hand, however, the wolves Geri and Freki were the Norse god Odin's faithful pets who were reputed to be "of good omen."[9]

... ... ...Skoll and Hatti are called wargs. Those are wolves, one going before the sun, the other after the moon.

So... It seems wolf mythology isn't the best in a lot of cases... :( But I do hope they do a couple wolf 'mons....They could get something out of it, whether highly destructive, or sun and moon ones, just based on these. Not sure what agriculture could translate to for 'mons, so.... ^ ^
And dragon types are always epic even though you only get 1 or 2 new ones each game it seems....

I'm just glad I got more Bakus <3

@WhatthePumpkin: Yeah, I totally thought Lucario was a jackal, y'know, like Anubis...

@Cortex: Yeah, Ikr? Not only did the American design the weird ice cream, but the Vullaby and Gobit, Golurk.... which, of all of those I really only like Gobit and Golurk's design... they remind me of something that would come out of one of the ruins Indiana Jones always visits....

Speaking of dragon types.... anyone want my Hydreigon?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:26:55 AM by Hinagiku »

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 27, 2012, 03:44:20 AM »
those are some interesting pieces of mythology as for the sun and moon i think the moon one would be dark type the sun fire due too both emitting light and agriculture would be grass but hay thats just my perspective.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #2500 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47:28 AM »
@Hinagiku Exactly! I used to be really into Egyptian gods (still am), and Lucario looks ALOT like Anubis. I was seriously surprised when I found out he wasn't.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 27, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Vex, but it appears Hina beat me too it, and i knew about the japanese one but it would be quite hard to turn into a pokemon in my opinion. Also, Lucario is a Jackal-Like pokemon and Anubis is basically just a human body with a Jackal head, so there would be some inspiration from Anubis and his Anubites.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:57:23 AM by Arctus »

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: January 27, 2012, 04:11:49 AM »
Hina, to clear up any possible confusion, Lexie is WTP, or What The Pumpkin. who needs to DRAW UP OUR IDEAS AND ANIMATE THAT CARTOON WITH AYARA SHOCK AND DARKNE!
Hello there.

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:21 AM »
those are some interesting pieces of mythology as for the sun and moon i think the moon one would be dark type the sun fire due too both emitting light and agriculture would be grass but hay thats just my perspective.

I'd almost think the sun would be fire (duh) but the moon might be water, due to the moon's relation to the Earth's water, but who knows....

@Hinagiku Exactly! I used to be really into Egyptian gods (still am), and Lucario looks ALOT like Anubis. I was seriously surprised when I found out he wasn't.
Actually I just read up, he is!

Bulbapedia:
"Physiology

Lucario is a bipedal, jackal-like Pokémon, with fur that is predominantly blue and black. ... ... ...

Special abilities

Lucario are sensitive to a special type of energy called aura. Lucario can study this energy to predict the movements of their opponents and track their quarries. They also have the power to manipulate this energy in an offensive manner, in the form of explosive spheres of aura energy. Lucario can understand human speech, and have been reported to communicate with humans through telepathy.
Behavior

Lucario are considered to be prideful creatures, and are extremely loyal to their trainers. Lucario also seem to have a natural sense of justice."

Sounds quite like Anubis (what little I know of him), so I'm pretty happy with this! n__n

Sorry for the late reply Vex, but it appears Hina beat me too it, and i knew about the japanese one but it would be quite hard to turn into a pokemon in my opinion. Also, Lucario is a Jackal-Like pokemon and Anubis is basically just a human body with a Jackal head, so there would be some inspiration from Anubis and his Anubites.
I actually didn't know about the mythology for Japan.... ^ ^" I've only heard of Okami (the game) and, well, the (nearly extinct, if I remember right) Hokkaido wolf...

Hina, to clear up any possible confusion, Lexie is WTP, or What The Pumpkin. who needs to DRAW UP OUR IDEAS AND ANIMATE THAT CARTOON WITH AYARA SHOCK AND DARKNE!
Ok, thank you for the correction ^_^ Aish, I need to learn how to properly animate....

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: January 27, 2012, 05:22:54 AM »
"The sun quells darkness with light the moon quells light with darkness the two are in constant battle yet in perfect harmony." I forgot what I used to create that but thats why I see moon as dark type but as I said before just my opinion, yours is a valid point.