* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Generation Pokemon  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Generation Pokemon
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »
I think that in the game Generation 1 should be the majority of pokemon (i mean just more than others) because it would appeal more to the public eye more. Many people at my school and most likely others enjoyed and know the most about Generation 1 and would most likely want to play more if they knew more about each pokemon. For example, my friend the other day asked about this game and what generations were in it. I told him that it was all generations and he just said "Oh wow now I'm not going to know any of them so I don't think I will play" but if the majority are Generation more people will join and the game will be more prosperous. Comment stating if agree or disagree. Thanks,
Socrates
Scizor>Scyther

Offline Gingimon

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • TUSP [] [] NZ
    • View Profile
Re: Generation Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »
this is a good advertising trick, and i think will work in the same way if you show popular pokemon like togepi, torchic, etc.
Support PU!

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
Hm, this doesn't sound very fair to the people who like the other generations more. The kids at your school are not the majority of players on PU.

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
Yeah but if you want to get more people in general I think this is a good idea. I know that more than my school feel the same way about pokemon (first generation is good, 2nd is pushing it, 3rd and beyond is too far) most of the population feel this way. I'm not saying make it all 1st generation I'm saying make the breakdown like (35% 1st gen., 25% 2nd gen., then 40% 3rd and 4th gen.) and the breakdown might be that way already being that 151 of the 493 are already 1st gen. pokemon. This is just a good way to make the game more popular amongst the rest of the world.
Scizor>Scyther

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »
It will be mixed.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20:13 AM »
Okay thats fine I just thought it might appeal to more people. It doesn't really effect me because I like all kinds of pokemon.
Scizor>Scyther

Offline NaviGator

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:50:26 AM »
I think that this will not (as stated by Kamaran) and should not revolve around generations of pokemon. If you noticed in the story introduction it is a place where all of the generations were found living. Wouldn't be fair to assume that this game should have the likely hood of you running into a pokemon based on the rarity of the pokemon itself and the surrounding enviroment?
It's time, you know the time, the time for the thing.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 07:49:36 PM »
Well, that'll be a great occasion for them to learn and discover about the new pokemon :D.

Anyway, having 151 to me is sounds like there is too few pokemon, and the game would 'end' sooner. The new generations also offers a bigger variety of types, of moves, items... a sort of complete new dimension to the game. Some will like it, others won't, but nobody can resist change.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »
Most people I've seen in Pokemon games who keep up with Pokemon seem to like the newer generation Pokemon more than the first. When you play a Pokemon game all types of Pokemon should be in it. If someone doesn't like the newer generations they can chose not to catch those types or they can learn about them. People like lots of variety and having multiple generations adds that to the game, which should make it more enjoyable in general.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 04:16:13 AM »
ehh I think people like the generation they grow up with.

I grew up up with the Original 151, so obviously I'm always gonna like them a little bit more than the rest. But when you grow up with something you tend to like that more.

So I guess people are attracted to what they know. Plus I'm sure this game will have something like a pokedex, and those will help you out with knowing the types of the newer pokemon.

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 04:26:01 AM »
Thats true, but since there are new new forms and pre-forms of the original 151 becoming familiar with the newer generation would be helpful in some way. EX's: Pikachu evolves from Pichu. Magmar evolves into Magmortar. Magneton evoles into Magnezone. rhydon evolves into Rhyperion. Electabuzz into Electivire, etc..
Having a range of generations in this game make all the new forms/moves sets more exciting to see and im sure other players will eventually catch on to the newer forms and get use to them..if not htye can trade them off for some of the original 151 pkmn they don't have in game.

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »
Having this game with mixed pokemon is definitely the best idea. Not only will it make the game more diverse, but also many more people will be attracted to the game, depending on what gen of pokemon they like. Having it limited to one gen could create the game to become boring because you have been seeing the same thing for so long.

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »
Eventually everyone's going to get bored with  only the first 151 in game and want more evolutions and types to battle and train.
After all, it wouldn't be a true Pokemon game without all of the Pokemon in it.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 12:28:18 PM »
We kinda need all Pokémon because our "region" is pretty big.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".