* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: My ideas  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
My ideas
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
Okay before I post my ideas I need to ask a question that I am sure has come up before and is not in the ultimate answer sheet. 2D or 3D? Will it be like pre diamond and pearl ore post. Anyways now time for my ideas..I am just going to list them.

1. Offline,online game its where you can chose to play PU online or offline ,because unless you have a multi server thing it would be annoying  like pokemon crater you wouldn't be able to see the ground.
2. Tag team battles not just one pokemon vs one pokemon but 2 on 2 it would be more interesting than 1 on 1.
3. user created stores like a market place where you can sell or buy items to / from other players.
4. A unique poketech I dont how you would do this but just throwing it out there.
5. New modes of transportation like a train that will take you from one half of the region to the other.( obsolete if you have fly but for new players it would be awesome)
6. 150 lvl instead of the original 100 as a salute to the original 150 pokemon.
7.In the last game you could go to a pokepark and take your smaller pokemon out and walk around, but I think you should be able to do this anywhere.
8. wearable items for your pokemon,seals for your pokeball..pointless I know but once you've beaten the game,  and your sitting there without anything to do customizing your pokemon would be nice.
9. I noticed you didn't have pickachu as a starter pokemon...Why? do you not remember yellow?
I know you said in the ultimate answer sheet that you weren't adding to the starter pokemon list ,but I think you should...just some pokemon like trapinch,and zigzagoon.Because that's one of the thing I loved about crater before it went downhill,and I know you want to be unique so have more starter pokemon.

I will update my Ideas.....I cant wait to see this game finished because I am a big pokefan and I know whatever the product is it will be awesome. ;D

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: My ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »
Okay before I post my ideas I need to ask a question that I am sure has come up before and is not in the ultimate answer sheet. 2D or 3D? Will it be like pre diamond and pearl ore post. Anyways now time for my ideas..I am just going to list them.
Check the screenshots...

1. Offline,online game its where you can chose to play PU online or offline ,because unless you have a multi server thing it would be annoying  like pokemon crater you wouldn't be able to see the ground.
Nope, only online

2. Tag team battles not just one pokemon vs one pokemon but 2 on 2 it would be more interesting than 1 on 1.
Yes, going to happen
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?page=about

3. user created stores like a market place where you can sell or buy items to / from other players.
No, but you can trade your items for money

4. A unique poketech I dont how you would do this but just throwing it out there.
??

5. New modes of transportation like a train that will take you from one half of the region to the other.( obsolete if you have fly but for new players it would be awesome)
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,271

6. 150 lvl instead of the original 100 as a salute to the original 150 pokemon.
Pokemon will be able to level above 100

7.In the last game you could go to a pokepark and take your smaller pokemon out and walk around, but I think you should be able to do this anywhere.
No..

8. wearable items for your pokemon,seals for your pokeball..pointless I know but once you've beaten the game,  and your sitting there without anything to do customizing your pokemon would be nice.
PU is a MMO, so you won't just beat the game...

9. I noticed you didn't have pickachu as a starter pokemon...Why? do you not remember yellow?
I know you said in the ultimate answer sheet that you weren't adding to the starter pokemon list ,but I think you should...just some pokemon like trapinch,and zigzagoon.Because that's one of the thing I loved about crater before it went downhill,and I know you want to be unique so have more starter pokemon.
NO! We've choosen not to add pikachu to the starter list because it's an odd type (not grass/water/fire). I'm not going to discuss this. No other starter pokemon.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »
Sounds like someone didn't do their homework and use the search bar before posting.  ::)

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
hay I am new here and I am just trying to get settled in this game I have been on this site for all of 29 minutes so sorry I didnt do my homework

I noticed in the screen shots there was a plane does that mean what I think it means

Mod Edit: Please edit your posts when you're the last one who has replied in a topic.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:26:21 PM by Mr_Dark »

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
hay I am new here and I am just trying to get settled in this game I have been on this site for all of 29 minutes so sorry I didnt do my homework
Here's some stuff to read:
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?action=announcements;aid=1
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?action=announcements;aid=3

I noticed in the screen shots there was a plane does that mean what I think it means
No

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 05:22:17 PM »
And for the information of Mr_Dark, a poketch is a device introduced in DPPt, that is used through the touch screen of the console.

It has numerous gadgets in it, 10 basic ones (I think) and some more that you unlock later in the game.
Some of them are:
Pedometer (counts the number of steps you make)
Digital Watch (displays time)
Memo Pad (allows you to take short notes)
Calculator
Pokemon list (shows your pokemon in your team, with their hp bar, item held or not, and negative status)
Friendship Checker (allows you to check your pokemon hapinness)
Dowsing machine (works like itemfinder but it's more precise)
Berry Searcher (allows to see whether there are ripe berries in any location)
Day Care checker (displays pokemon level and egg, if there is one)
Pokemon History (Displays last 12 caught pokemon, which when touched will emit the pokemon's cry)
Counter (press the button once for a counter. It goes up to 999)
Analog Watch (a watch)
Marking Map (allows you to insert 6 marks on your map, and displays the location of moving pokemon [like the moltres, articuno, zapdos, cresselia, mesprit)
Link Searcher (Looks for any nearby wireless player on Pokemon with wireless on)
Coin Toss (toss a coin)
Calender (displays a calender, with the actual date according to your DS)
Dot Artist (allows you to draw, the tone depends on how much you tap on a pixel)
Roulette (I never actually used that... you only draw on something like a CD and you make it rotate)
Trainer counter (displays the 3 pokemon you battled (or caught) in a row using the Pokeradar (a new key item))
Kitchen Timer (it's a countdown timer)
Match up Checker (checks compatibility to make an egg between two pokemon)
Colour Change (changes the layout colour of your poketch)

That's it Mr_Dark :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »
Pedometer (counts the number of steps you make)
That made me laugh hard

Digital Watch (displays time)
We'll have onscreen time

Memo Pad (allows you to take short notes)
Don't see why anyone would use that

Calculator
Why oh why do you need a calculator in a Pokémon game...

Pokemon list (shows your pokemon in your team, with their hp bar, item held or not, and negative status)
Yeah... default stuff not really worth to put in a "special" device

Friendship Checker (allows you to check your pokemon hapinness)
This us much more fun if you have to visit a NPC

Dowsing machine (works like itemfinder but it's more precise)
Feature for lazy people!

Berry Searcher (allows to see whether there are ripe berries in any location)
Another one for the lazy people

Day Care checker (displays pokemon level and egg, if there is one)
Might be a handy feature

Pokemon History (Displays last 12 caught pokemon, which when touched will emit the pokemon's cry)
Worthless

Counter (press the button once for a counter. It goes up to 999)
Did I mention worthless yet?

Analog Watch (a watch)
Wait what? 2 clocks?

Marking Map (allows you to insert 6 marks on your map, and displays the location of moving pokemon [like the moltres, articuno, zapdos, cresselia, mesprit)
Damn, I guess the good idea box was empty at Nintendo

Link Searcher (Looks for any nearby wireless player on Pokemon with wireless on)
We don't need this

Coin Toss (toss a coin)
Wooohoooo!  ???

Calender (displays a calender, with the actual date according to your DS)
Hmm, might be a handy feature for the team to announce global events and stuff.

Dot Artist (allows you to draw, the tone depends on how much you tap on a pixel)
Roulette (I never actually used that... you only draw on something like a CD and you make it rotate)
The good idea box was really empty...

Trainer counter (displays the 3 pokemon you battled (or caught) in a row using the Pokeradar (a new key item))
No Pokeradar in PU.

Kitchen Timer (it's a countdown timer)

Match up Checker (checks compatibility to make an egg between two pokemon)
This might be a handy feature for our breeder class

Colour Change (changes the layout colour of your poketch)
What's this faggotry?

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
I thought the map was an awesome add on it showed me were to catch azelf it really helped.The pedometer was used in the since that some eggs would hatch when you took set a number of steps with it in your party.
Example Egg+1000 steps=trapinch

Friendship checker really came in handy when trying to get your pokemon to obey.
The counter was kinda pointless but in the PU it could work with quests to help keep score of how many of something you've done like say the quest was fight 12 magikarp, the counter would really help keep track.

So ha not all your assumptions were accurate.

ps the two clocks was really weird ,and I think thats the only one that I agree is pointless 

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
The counter was very helpful for keeping track of EV points.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
I myself barely use all of them, but only a few, and others occasionally. I know most of them will be useless in PU, but since you didn't know about the poketch, I have given you a broad idea of the device. Oh, there is another device, in RSE only, named 'Pokenav'

There is your map there, a list of contacts for rematches, a list of the all the pokemon you have with ribbons and another list for the stats for contests.

In GSC and HGSS, we have the pokegear, quite similar to the pokenav, without the contests features and with a radio.

Perhaps you can make some new device incorporating the most useful within the three known devices ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...