* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Reputation with NPC's  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Reputation with NPC's
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
So here's the idea.
So I'm guessing there's gonna be different kinds of forces of evil, and good in the game.
Whether they're made up (as in new to PU) or not (Magma, Rocket, ect.).

So I was thinking you could gain reputation with a certain Team of evil/good, and get access to different items, places, and unlockables.

For example:
So if you earn enough reputation with say Team Aqua, then they equip with you with certain items you can't find anywhere else in the game but through them, or you could have special access to parts of the game that others don't. Or simply something like "Dive Balls" would be cheaper to buy through them than in a store.

Like perhaps Team aqua would take you to a secret under water location to where you could catch under water pokemon, or to secret ruins that lead to a huge chain quest and you get something amazing in the end. 

In order to gain reputation, you do that teams quests, and battle their enemys for them. So every time youd run into team magma and battled and won, you would gain reputation with team aqua.

You could even catch only certain pokemon through that team, and once you build high rep with that team you're not allowed to leave. Anyways some of you are prob like "How am I gonna catch all the pokemon in the game?!". Well that's what trading, and tournaments are for.

Anyways build upon my basic idea people :P

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation with NPC's
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »
your idea? :-P

doesnt sound so ;-)
"Call me Tom."

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
ahh nvm, i just read the other post. I guess I'll move it there or delete it ?

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »
its fine :-)

the other posts basiclly about stealing pokemon :-) like i wrote in the other thread:
stealing pokemon = nah
rep for 'good/evil' side = yay!
"Call me Tom."

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:30:31 AM »
wow  did you really have the same idea as me on the same day that's weird it almost sounds like one of us ripped off the other but yours is better.... and for anyone who wants to knows  information its not just about stealing pokemon,If you go down the list I talk about my sides thing in more detail....I only even said th stealing pokemon thing because I wanted to be true to the original pokemon.

Offline TrainerReacts

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
Its not a bad ideal. It gets the players more involved in the game and the competitors would like that a lot.

Very well thought. "once you build high rep with that team you're not allowed to leave" that part is great because if everyone goes around and earn reputation with one team, captures pokemon and obtain items through that team then decides "oh i like the other team's items too so i want some of those therefore Im going to earn reputation with them and capture pokemon and get objects through them..." It would be no fun because a lot of players would do that and what you would have is too many players with the same pokemon/items making player vs. player battles not fun.

Good one :]

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Don't forget that PU did not confirm there will be a 'good and evil' side.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Green

• Beginning Trainer
  • Let's battle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:33 AM »
this sounds pretty good, i'd be surprised if something like this wasn't applied to the game. plus ive always wanted a team magma outfit  :)
(\__/)
( -_-)/”)
(,,(”’)(”’) Snorlax rocks.

(banner created by Tealize)

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »
Yeah great Idea, it adds up on the end-game.
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline SantaClaws

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »
that's basicly how it works in GTA and a little bit wow. Except, I see no reason why you'd have to be locked in one team.. You should be able to betray them (like you can in GTA, hence by killing your gang members). Otherwise you could just do what the hell you want and still be in the team...?
-Santa

Offline Runeheart

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 11:55:38 PM »
I like this idea a lot.
It adds something that most other games don't have, a non self completion type of gameplay.
In most games it is possible to get most things in the games by yourself, and thus you don't really have to rely on the other players.

This also could add things like: Team battles, Team training areas, specific team related pokemon, uniforms(always cool), special team items, team discount, ect...
it adds a whole new list of things that you can apply to this type of game.
Also you could even add missions to/from the teams for extra fun, exp ect...

And the idea of not being able to leave the team after a certain amount of "reputation" is a really great idea.
That way its not the whole well I got everything from this team now to the next team.
Then you will have to do research on the teams, what they go for with missions, what kind of bonuses/discount they give, what kind of pokemon you can catch, ect...

Although there are going to be some good/bad sides to doing this.
1: Balance
It is going to be a lot of work to get the different teams balanced out in power/items ect.
But this is in every game and can always be tweaked here and there.

2:Population
There is always going to be one team that has a lot more people than the others.
But that in and of itself can add a lot of bonuses for the smaller teams.

3:Specific Pokemon
Could make it so that the starter Pokemon can only be caught in the different team training areas.
Thus making them still "rare" to find but common enough that everyone can get them without starting a new character.

4:Team battles
This can add quite a bit.
Could make 2v2's or even full scale team fights, up to like 20vs20 if you wanted.

5:Team missions
These can be fun to add, could range anywhere from someone saying I am missing my Chimchar to my farm is getting raided by wild Kangaskhans ect...
Could even add challenges from the different teams and you team hires you out to take it up.

Anywho that is just my two cents on the idea.
Death is merely a door at the end of our path that we all must enter, but which path did you choose?

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »
4:Team battles
This can add quite a bit.
Could make 2v2's or even full scale team fights, up to like 20vs20 if you wanted.
Sorry but this part has been talked about quiet recently and following how the game will be, 2+ versus at one scale would be horrendous and will cause huge amounts of lag. But if it was like 10 groups on each side 2 teams picked by selection and then a battle, the side that has the highest wins wins. And this is my thought though.

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
Could make it so that the starter Pokemon can only be caught in the different team training areas.
Thus making them still "rare" to find but common enough that everyone can get them without starting a new character.

I think the Specefic Pokemon should be rare, so the team you pick has a higher value to you.
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline Runeheart

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 06:29:12 AM »
Sorry but this part has been talked about quiet recently and following how the game will be, 2+ versus at one scale would be horrendous and will cause huge amounts of lag. But if it was like 10 groups on each side 2 teams picked by selection and then a battle, the side that has the highest wins wins. And this is my thought though.

Didn't know it had been talked about, but I can see why it would lag.

I think the Specefic Pokemon should be rare, so the team you pick has a higher value to you.

Thats true, though I think they should still keep the starters split up like that, and also add more rare ones as well. But thats just my opinion.
Death is merely a door at the end of our path that we all must enter, but which path did you choose?

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 01:30:04 AM »
rare pokemons are already slowly distributed by PU's team. But what I am kind of concerned if there is a balanced of pokemons in each area. Hopefully this part is taken care of thoughtfully. =/