* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Forum ideas/ In game ideas  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
Forum ideas/ In game ideas
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
I did search forum money and currency but all i found was donation ideas which obviously won't be happening so i'm guessing this idea is not taken so lets start. 

Color coded to keep your interest plus i was bored.

I think it would be a good idea to have a forum currency system which can be used to buy Pokemon or pay other trainers if they have a level up shop ... ect. For example lets just say that the in forum currency was called PokeCoins, well if you're looking for a certain Pokemon and some one has it you could offer them PokeCoins and then at a set time you'd both go in the game itself and who ever is buying the Pokemon could have it gifted to them also that's another thing there should be a gift option not just trade because what if it's someones B-Day and you wanna give them a Pokemon well anyways yea just go in the game and have the Pokemon Gifted and when your back on the forums you pay up the agreed amount (or pay ingame if it's possible to link your PokeCoins from the forums to the game), or visa versa it doesn't matter who pays or trades first.

Now that you know the main idea here are some things that could make this idea better:
-To earn PokeCoins you could be active on the Forums or it could be based on how many trainers you beat in battles or both!
-If possible like said before PokeCoins should be linked from the forums to the game itself making your coins easily accessible anywhere
-Have a section in the forums for Shops where you can buy and sell Pokemon
-PokeCoins don't just have to be for buying Pokemon but many other things although i can't think of any right now.

PROS:
-Easy way to buy and sell Pokemon on the go from your Phone or Laptop... ect
-Will encourage people to be active and get to see how great being part of a community can be

CONS:  :'(
-Although very unlikely right now the chances of being scammed grow as the community gets larger, but if the accuser has enough proof then the scammer should be banned or stamped as a scammer on their Forum profile for everyone to see and take pro cautions when trying to trade with the user.

The is all please let me know what you think and if it could work which i truly believe it can. I don't get offended easily if you completely hate it and think i'm an idiot please let it out, if you love it and think i'm brilliant (best choice  ;D) then let me know.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:06:32 AM by Ez »
It's over 9000!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum ideas/ In game ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
 An interesting idea but... not for me. Firstly, because I wouldn't want to be treated differently because I am active, and I am mainly active because I want to be, no need to force people into it. And we also have to accept that many people just sign up so they can play, and don't really want to participate on the forums; also not everyone likes to PvP, so earning PokéCoins by beating other Trainers wouldn't be a good idea either.

- The gifting system is either in the making already, or it could be implanted, so I agree with that idea. This could be controlled in a way that if you "gift" a very high level Pokémon to a friend who is a new Trainer, he wouldn't be able to control it, to prevent things like that happening.

- I believe there will be an Auction house/Broker type of place already so maybe just make it so the Trainer can keep track of it on the forums. It could be accessible from the forums as well so I don't see why it wouldn't be an idea already considered or under consideration.

- So to sum it up: Either make it so that even the nonactive players can earn these PokéCoins somehow to be fair, or not have it at all.

PS: Well it might just be me, but I don't want to earn anything just because I am active on the forums. Earning these could come from in-game Events or the like.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
I agree with the idea of genbor.

While I do like the fact that you want to make the forums more active, you can't give them more 'facilities' than those who don't. As an example, you might have a very good contributor to the forums even if that member posts rarely (submitting many good ideas to help make the game better) and another contributor, not too bad either (giving okay-ish ideas now and then), but very active and from your system , it would even there seem to be a disbalance.

About the buying of pokemon using in-game money, that will be possible through auction houses (name not confirmed) like genbor said. Though I don't think that putting it on the forums is a good idea, especially since those usually get sold quickly (or if they are not, are not sold at all), which will result in that by the time you go online on the game, the pokemon is already bought by someone else already online.

So... someone pays for the gift (s)he receives? That's new to me :P If it were me, I'd rather tell him/her to take his/her gift back XD but really, there will be some quests in the game that will surely give you a pokemon (or more) as reward.

It could be possible that each member will have a special profile for their in-game character, on the forum, with the relevant summarised data on that page. This, however has never been mentioned before.

And for the idea itself of PokeCoins (which, you seem to say should be separate from in-game money), I don't like it. In-game money is enough, I don't see the real use of getting another form of currency.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
Yea I see where you guys are coming from but mostly your comments revolved around active forum users but like I said it doesnt have to be earned depending on how active you are on the forums but maybe pokemon battles or like the guy above the guy above me said maybe earned in game from quest ect ... And for the guy above me you said that I wanted them seperate? I said I liked them linked unless you're talking about a currency system thats already in place which I don't know about and I don't mean that as a I know everything but as I probably don't know because I just joined yesterday lol. Ok that's all I gotta say and I thank you two for the constructive criticism instead of things like no that's not good. 

Ps: sorry for using guy instead of your names but I'm on a mobile device and it zooms into the text box and I can't remember your names
Pss: this website needs a mobile UI
It's over 9000!

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
There will of course be an ingame currency, which you will earn from defeating wild pokemon etc. I'm not really sure how your idea differs from this.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »
There will of course be an ingame currency, which you will earn from defeating wild pokemon etc. I'm not really sure how your idea differs from this.

Oh ok that's all i had to know this can be closed now. Thanks.
It's over 9000!