* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 15517 times)

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Screenshots
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:27:20 AM »
Hey can u guys show us screenshots of the game?
I mean the screenshots up are really outdated i just wanna see how the game has progressed so yeah  ;D love u

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:30:39 AM »
Alot of whats been completed doesn't really have any visual significance.

But if you really want to, I'm sure I can ask for someone to screenshot a wall of code.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:49:31 AM »

But if you really want to, I'm sure I can ask for someone to screenshot a wall of code.

i mean like the battle scene and stuff like that..and since u know a lot about PU then i guess i can ask u something..in PU is it gonna be like soulsilver where u can walk with ur pokemon?

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:53 AM »

i mean like the battle scene and stuff like that..and since u know a lot about PU then i guess i can ask u something..in PU is it gonna be like soulsilver where u can walk with ur pokemon?

yea look at the screen shots that are currently up you can see pokemon fallowing the people
It's over 9000!

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 04:56:41 AM »
All of the graphics are completely new.
If you've seen the picture with the 2 cyndaquils, then you've seen the battle system.

is PU gonna be like soulsilver where u can walk with ur pokemon?

This part made me cringe.

If you want to know that one, use the search function.

EDIT: oh look Ez answered it. Now you know even faster.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:03:19 AM »

yea look at the screen shots that are currently up you can see pokemon fallowing the people
thx bro

Offline josh_squash0

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:03:27 AM »

It doesnt have to be anything of "visual significance" (pretty ironic a PU pixel artist cant provide this), just any proof the game is even being worked on. The PU development page says that nothing's been updated since the 17th of May. If the game isn't being worked on, it would be better to let us know now than wait til 2012 to deliver the news.
The fog appears, only when an idea is trying to reach me.

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 05:05:20 AM »
very true josh,so atleast show us something   :P

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 05:10:29 AM »
Yeah pixel art is being done.
So what? You wan't a dingle tree or something? Its just general terrain right now really; shrubs, grass dirt, basic stuff, nothing to be impressed by.

Wait until theres like, a town to look at or something.

Right now, alot of balance testing is being done (Which I'm also helping with), so that players can use their favorite pokes and still have a (relatively) good chance at being able to win in battles.

The game will be done when its done. Have patience and you'll be rewarded with a game that hasn't been rushed into the public and become utter and complete poop because it was rushed.

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 05:16:05 AM »

soooo there is still no towns? 0.o dang!

and i totally get it take all ur time but keep the public updated that will make everyone happy

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:56 AM »

and i totally get it take all ur time but keep the public updated that will make everyone happy

It's not like they've done nothing the reason the towns aren't made yet is because they are working on the battle system and Pokemon's appearances, basically they are trying to perfect the core of the game, i'm sure they still haven't made the buildings yet but it's understandable because when you make a video game you want to get the important hard stuff out of the way and then the rest will be fairly quick to finish.
It's over 9000!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »

So you want updates without having to do stuff yourself?
it's funny: we once had a weekly development update, but only 5 people were looking at that each week. Mainly the developers.
So we closed it down.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

zylonnick

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
So you want updates without having to do stuff yourself?
it's funny: we once had a weekly development update, but only 5 people were looking at that each week. Mainly the developers.
So we closed it down.

That seems logical to me.
BTW the screenshots you posted looks wicked :P.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »

If there was anything important done, they would have updated us. If nothing important or interesting has been finished yet, then they can't provide an update yet either. If they're working on something important, they might not want everyone to know about it until the game is done. Just be patient, it takes more time and work to make a good game than a lot of people think it does.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »
So we closed it down.

But... I read them every time there was something new! :(

EDIT: Missed a word in your sentence :-[
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...