* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 15514 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
wow... those screenshot are sweet!

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »

So you want updates without having to do stuff yourself?
it's funny: we once had a weekly development update, but only 5 people were looking at that each week. Mainly the developers.
So we closed it down.

It's over 9000!

Offline djnano99

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 12:14:10 AM »

it's funny: we once had a weekly development update, but only 5 people were looking at that each week. Mainly the developers.
So we closed it down.
DAAAAAAANGG!!! THATS AWSOME! Now thats what i am talking about  8)

Offline Juno

• Beginning Trainer
  • Black FC: 2580 2446 7184 Message me for a battle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 01:54:31 AM »
Can't wait.... Have to but still. Keep at your own pace and make the game that you guys are making. Don't compromise for anything and just create poke-magic!!!
Some wisdom that I have stumbled across or figured out would go great here... Too bad I just live life to have fun with friends and family. I don't worry about fights or money, I just live. No wisdom there just a way to get by.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 03:08:50 AM »
I also read them, I could write them, if you guys gave me the news. But that would, be writing it pretty much, xD.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »

So we closed it down.
When significant progress is made, think there'd be a chance of rebooting the weekly development thread? I was one of the 5-6 people reading it religiously.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »
Perhaps: Might do a blog with developer updates as they come along or something similar.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline zippoxer

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
Alot of whats been completed doesn't really have any visual significance.

But if you really want to, I'm sure I can ask for someone to screenshot a wall of code.

It doesnt have to be anything of "visual significance" (pretty ironic a PU pixel artist cant provide this), just any proof the game is even being worked on. The PU development page says that nothing's been updated since the 17th of May. If the game isn't being worked on, it would be better to let us know now than wait til 2012 to deliver the news.

Since the 17th of May there was another update, sadly, just to make the map load faster.
It doesn't prove that the game is going to develop actively ever again.

Today I should have my computer back, and then I can start helping with PU development.
But how much can I do without help from the founders?
Plus: developing a game alone requires infinite motivation - and I'm not one of these guys...

I really hope that if I make something new work in the game, they will join me and help.
There must be a lead developer who decides what to add or change in the game (of course after hearing ideas of others too). I cannot be this one, mainly because I know nothing about Pokemon xD
But I will... you know... know.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
And if you have problems, I'm sure you'll find people to help you get to know it ;)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
Alot of whats been completed doesn't really have any visual significance.

But if you really want to, I'm sure I can ask for someone to screenshot a wall of code.

It doesnt have to be anything of "visual significance" (pretty ironic a PU pixel artist cant provide this), just any proof the game is even being worked on. The PU development page says that nothing's been updated since the 17th of May. If the game isn't being worked on, it would be better to let us know now than wait til 2012 to deliver the news.
Me and Mr_Dark (the programmers of this game) also have lives. And in these lives we both had to write our bachelor thesis to graduate in the first half of this year. So yeah, no updates since May because we had more important things to do. Developing this game is nothing more than a hobby for us after all, a lot of other stuff goes before it. A break in development from our side doesn't mean the game is never going to be released.

Since the 17th of May there was another update, sadly, just to make the map load faster.
It doesn't prove that the game is going to develop actively ever again.

Today I should have my computer back, and then I can start helping with PU development.
But how much can I do without help from the founders?
Plus: developing a game alone requires infinite motivation - and I'm not one of these guys...

I really hope that if I make something new work in the game, they will join me and help.
There must be a lead developer who decides what to add or change in the game (of course after hearing ideas of others too). I cannot be this one, mainly because I know nothing about Pokemon xD
But I will... you know... know.
Hehe, like I said in the chat, we will have more time again now. And of course the both of us are always still prepared to help out potential new developers like you!

Offline Yorkin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Long live AAML
    • View Profile
    • www.fanfiction.net - Yorkin
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 12:40:13 PM »
Oh my.... if the game is really going to look that polished it would be awesome, hehe. And about towns, I think you should leave them last. General scenery is usually the hardest part to make, just because you have a lot of options and usually can't choose which one to take. xD

Good luck.
Wanna-be a Fire Pokemon Master.

Offline kesl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Wow, look at that polish work. Great job guys/ladies.