* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: I Can Mix Pokemon And Make Them Different Colors Like Golden. I Can Help!!!!!!!  (Read 3604 times)

Offline skylermay1

• New Trainer
  • I love pokemon
    • View Profile
-Ditto

Offline Maykip

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Um.. okay. They are not the best, but nice try :) I don't think the team wants different coloured pokemon I think 'cause they're really easy to make and are trying to keep it original.. e.o

we have the same name o.o
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:57:52 PM by Maykip »

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Good to see that you want to help, im sure someone from development will see it soon and see if there is anything you can do.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
How can I put this...

If you want to help you have to be able to make sprites from scratch. Almost anybody can recolor or splice pre-made sprites. Pokemon Universe does not need recolored Pokemon as badly as it needs the actual Pokemon sprites.
If you really want to help, you can try pixel art, which is making sprites from scratch. Be warned though, this is very hard and time consuming. Most people stop trying before they even begin.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Sorry, don't think you can be of any help with that. We're looking for pixel artists who can create custom tiles ex. Nature and houses.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
If you can draw well, making proper anatomy you can try drawing something between the 94x94 pixelsize and then trace it with a black pixeloutline. However since you aren't good yet I suggest you train some more with recolouring sice even that isn't going pretty well.

For example your Arceus, you call it gold, but all I see is a dull yellow colour on the lightest shade of the arceus' main body. You're supposed to do the entire body. So all the darker coloured grey spots should've been yellow too (but then a bit darker yellow) and even after that is doesn't look pretty gold-ish because gold should look a bit shiny.

Your snorlax is a little bit better... But... You removed all the shading from his body by making everything the same yellow. And the worst part is: You resized the sprite, NEVER resize a sprite, if you want to work more exact you can always zoom in by holding the alt button and use your mouse scroller to zoom in or out. Same suggestion as at arceus: use darker yellow for the darker shades on the body. If you don't pay attention to shading you end up with a pokémon that looks flat.

Theres still a lot you need to learn, but if you have the patience you will become better at pixelart. If you practise alot you'll improve and become better. Stay with recolouring for now until you are statisfied with the sprites you make.

Mixing sprites is the next step into learning pixelart by learning about anatomy of sprites and how to put these up.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.