* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The PRAT Team  (Read 9855 times)

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The PRAT Team
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
this is an expansion of a concept I came up with in Draagn's Light side and Dark Side of pokemon thread in more Detail, what it was called in the posting was Team Counter Strike, I realized too late that it would sound like a rip off from the Counter strike video game series, so I came up with a new name and more Details about it:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: the PRAT team (Pokemon Rescue & Assault Tactics)

A team of elite Trainers formed by the Pokemon League as a team to counter the operations of Team (insert evil team name here), and ensure that freedom and justice are upheld. 

-Each member can specialize what they do on the team, ordinarily PRAT teams work in cells of 3 people, multiple cells can be deployed into a location.  Cells can either specialize or diversify what they do for PRAT, Like

Optional specialized cells:

Covering fire- this squad form's job is to take to the air with pokemon such as Flygon and Charizard which have flight capabilities and ranged special attacks which are used to scatter any enemy forces paving the way fro ground squads to come in and take care of the rest (I know this may be a bit complicated to do in overworld sprites but I think it could be possible if you ask me, any spriters who read this, tell me if you agree or think otherwise)

Ground Squads- the backbone of major operations such as taking down criminal groups, these are forces who go in behind covering fire and mop up what's left of the opposition, basically foot troops.

Intel- for those who don't really like to be combat oriented, most of these people are hackers who pierce enemy computer systems and get the info needed.  Mostly aided by the pokemon Porygon and its evolutions by entering cyberspace and finding what's needed.

Medics- Medics are support in the field for treating injured pokemon that were hurt in the field.  before getting to the level of active service in field operations, all potential medics must train at a pokemon center learning how to treat injuries and the like, next they must pass a test before being certified as medics.

infiltration- is for members who prefer stealth to power, and are usually used for rescue operations.

if I missed anything or have any Ideas plz tell me and submit your thoughts about this

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: The PRAT Team
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
I've got to say I love this idea. I've always thought that the evil teams should have some kind of oppostion. The only thing I would say is remember this is a pokemon game, guns are rarely used and it's normally quite child friendly, so don't start making a crack anti-terrorist squad.

Offline Flashy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
Pokemon is not an army game, sorry.

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »
Pokemon is not an army game, sorry.

Yea I agree. This is not like pokemon at all. It just wont be the same if we try to make it all army and stuff like that. This sounds way to army based and as far as I can tell, the PU devs have no intention of changing PU at all. I think they already have a quest line set out already, and I don't think any of it relates to anything army-like.

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
As the OP explains it, it would be near impossible to incorporate it "as is".

However, I like that someone is thinking outside of the normal Pokemon realm; coming up with innovative ideas.

We should take from this the "out of box" thinking, not necessarily the idea itself, in my opinion.

I'm sure we're all familiar with the "out of box" ideas, but rarely do we submit ideas that are out of the norm.

Most ideas so far have been along the usual Pokemon lines.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:36:19 PM by weirddemon »

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
Okay, I guess the PRAT team wasn't my best Idea (if Not my worst :( ), but I do like the Idea of a team of trainers to aid in situations that ordinary law enforcement can't handle, the Idea is like the pokemon Guardsmen (G-Men) that Lance is a part of in the anime, Maybe incorporate the Pokemon Guardsmen into the game to aid in various disturbances.  there could be tournaments every now and then to seek out potential for the team, get applications to whatever high tech pokegear in one way or another they have in the game for like member location, where you see the areas of whatever region you're in that has other members where you could ask for assistance on a mission you've been sent on, like get information of one sort or another, an alert application that beeps like a cell phone when HQ has called for your aid in a mission, and the like, I hope this reconstruction of the Idea is better, tell me what you think

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 07:35:01 AM »
Well I like the suggestion, kinda. Its a nice idea.
But I feel that if players are going to be able to join that kinda ruins it for me... Even is its limited a  polisforce cant rely on real players to handle ingame events.
I say make the "G-men" or whatever you descide to call the police force, something only Game Masters and developers can join. Just to let everyone know "Im here, im an admin, behave"
Ofcourse the bulk of the Police would be NPC controlled.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
Yeahhhh...... not going to happen. I know it's thinking out-side of the box, but this doesn't fit in a Pokemon MMO
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
wow so if that's not going to happen does that mean my whole light side dark side thing isn't going to happen

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »
wow so if that's not going to happen does that mean my whole light side dark side thing isn't going to happen

Yes Draagn, I don't beleive they will be including your light/dark side in PU, mostly because the idea of these "teams" will be very complicated to create.

At this point I beleive that the PU devs will definitely be having an evil team, but only run by NPC's and not real players. All players are technically all on the good team already anyways because you are fighting against the other evil team.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:01:47 PM by Impwadman »

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 04:53:16 PM »
okay, scratch that, My WORST IDEA

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »

Yes
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »
okay, scratch that, My WORST IDEA

Beating yourself up isn't productive. No one said it's a bad idea. We're only saying it's not a good fit for a Pokemon MMORPG.

The fact that you had an idea and you're willing to post it is better than most people. I think you now have a good understanding of how your ideas need to match up with a Pokemon MMO. When you have an idea, you need to think of whether or not it could be implemented with this type of game.

Either way, you can post your idea, but it's most likely to be liked by people if it it's the theme ;)

So don't be discouraged. Think of an idea, post it, and be willing to take the constructive criticism :D

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
yeah it was nice to think about, but it wouldn't fit into this MMO like others said. But don't give up :P!
at least you posted something out of the 2k members on PU.

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
yeah, you guys are right, I just thought it would be cool to have a team of trainers who were dedicated to taking down organizations such as team rocket or whatever team that is in the MMO.  A group who could be relied upon to make the right decisions for the good of pokemon and humans across the world. 

Even if the Idea isn't used I would like to thank everyone who (I think) praised me for thinking outside the box, even though I hear it frequently on my fan fics and my work as a videographer

I hope my next Idea is well received, and until then as they say in my faith, May you blessed be!