* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Skyrim Thread!  (Read 22293 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: The Skyrim Thread!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
*Sigh* i don't suppose we can talk about TES IV oblivion too?
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »
Really wow i havent seen any bugs yet. lol did a side quest a found the dragonstone, neer the golden dragon claw. My friend keeps dying against a dragon lol stupid mages. I'm a warrior who uses two-handed blades stealth and a bow.

*Ahem*  Stupid mages?  There's nothing stupid about shooting fire from your hands and resurrecting people to fight for you.  A mage can be much more affective than a warrior if you have the right spells, gear, and know what you're doing.
sup

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »
*Sigh* i don't suppose we can talk about TES IV oblivion too?

We can talk about how much better Skyrim is in comparison!  :D

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 04:56:04 AM »
Really wow i havent seen any bugs yet. lol did a side quest a found the dragonstone, neer the golden dragon claw. My friend keeps dying against a dragon lol stupid mages. I'm a warrior who uses two-handed blades stealth and a bow.

*Ahem*  Stupid mages?  There's nothing stupid about shooting fire from your hands and resurrecting people to fight for you.  A mage can be much more affective than a warrior if you have the right spells, gear, and know what you're doing.

Agreed.  My mage is amazing.  I can summon pretty much anything and my destruction magic is sweet.

Offline MyTh

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 08:58:25 AM »
I'm only level 12 so far, but I'm loving the game.

I got hit by a giant today and my body bolted up into the sky lol.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »

I avoid giants altogether.  I don't plan on taking one on until I'm higher level.
sup

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »

I avoid giants altogether.  I don't plan on taking one on until I'm higher level.

I recommend you fight the giant now. They're still fun to beat at higher levels, but nothing is as epic as scurrying around Skyrim for 15min, avoiding blows and taking potshots until you finally fell the beast. One false move and you're dead but, when you defeat one while under-leveled...its an extremely rewarding feeling.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 05:47:29 PM »
Alright, time for journal entries from all of Frenchfry's characters.

This Machine, Imperial Warrior. Day 9, 5:30 PM
Just killed a Blood Dragon with my bare hands. Sure, a sword and shield is more effective, but I had to put that Fists of Steel perk to use SOMEHOW. I also killed two giants at the same time as a werewolf, since they can't even stand up once I get swinging.

Wade, Dunmer Assassin, Day 16, 1:23 AM
Shadowmere killed a bear for me today. Forget followers, this horse is all I need in an ally. At least he's smart enough to wait outside while I work, so I can remain undetected.

Arya, High Elf Mage, Day 6, 3:20 PM
Selling copies of The Doors of Oblivion made me rich. Buying iron and leather to train in Smithing made me poor again. Enchanting all fifty of those Iron Daggers and selling them for 300 gold each made me filthy rich. It's great having the Black Star gem. Simply killing humans and trapping their souls with my Soultrap greatsword is so much easier than hunting Mammoth for their Grand Souls.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »
Not saying its anything wrong with mages but im against magic. Hate it, thats all. Think its way more effective than everything else, thats y i dont use it. I'd rather fight the dragons face to face sounds crazy but i'd rather it, more challenging....

Anyway stupid ppl didnt help me fight the dragon at all. I beat it with my ancient blade, omg did not know you could do a finisher to a dragon! My character finished it by leaping and stabbing its head into the ground, wiping her fore head and snatching her sword out i was like what!!!!!!!!!

My friend was like if I didnt see that, there is no-way i'd believe it lol two-handed swords rock!

I like skyrim way better than oblivion because Oblivion forces you to become a Mage and i hate magic with all my heart.

Though i do believe ppl in Oblivion give much better directions, than those in Skyrim, I've gotten lost on just about every quest so far lol. Too stubborn to use that magic spell that points you to your nearest goal. Hate magic wont ever use it....

I've, played for % hours but am not very far because i spend alotta time creating weapons and armor i've always wanted to be a blacksmith in real life so...thats where most of my gaming time goes

That reminds me what perk should i pick next for smithing dwarven or elven I dont know which items are worth more i sell everything i make and plan on making my house into a shop.

grammar is so bad right now because i cant see what i'm typing screen keeps jumping back up  while im typing so sry about that. 
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
I see no difference from You're normal posts....

Oh yeah, oblivion is so bad because you have to be a Mage, yeah it's so bad when I can see in the dark, shoot fire balls to kill wolfs when out of arrows, scare off enemy's....etc.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »
Actually being a mage in skyrim is a lot harder.  You have to dedicate perks to it.  And you pretty much need to wear the robes that restore magicka.  Which means your defense is lacking, dragons chansey hurt.  Being a tank is the simplest thing you can be.  I mean it's just this: Equip armor, sword.  Then run in and swing til everything is dead.
As a mage, I have to think during battle.  I have to plan my moves, conserve my magicka, take cover and pick the right spells to deal max damage.  I can't just run in swinging.  I'd get killed. 

As far as I'm concerned mages, and assassins  Require the most thought to use.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:28:18 PM by Bing »

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »
I'm a mage and I just roll around in heavy armour I've enchanted to decrease destruction costs. It helps that I've put all my level ups into Mana. Impact is the best perk ever, dragons can't do anything anymore.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:50 AM »
    How to Mage:

• When you start using a higher level spell, take the perk that allows you to use it for half the cost.
    • Use fire as your default, unless your enemy is resistant to it. Fire has the lowest cost. Frost is in between, and lightning is the most expensive.
    • Have excellent enchantment skill, and disenchant any robes you find that give magika restoration bonuses.
    • Complete the Black Star quest as soon as possible, and make sure you have the soultrap spell, or a weapon enchanted with it. The Black Star is a reusable soul gem that uses human souls, which have a value equal to a Grand Soul, which is much harder to get.
    • Enchant your armor to increase the regeneration rate of your magika. With Black Souls, a high Enchantment skill, and the right perks, you can make your armor even more effective than the Archmage's robes, and you'll still get the armor bonus.
    • If you're short on cash, buy some leather and iron and make some iron daggers. then give them a fear enchantment, mana drain enchantment, or stamina drain enchantment. Sell them back for a huge profit.
    • No matter what, you'll be in situations where you don't have any magika, and there's no time to waste waiting for it to regenerate. When this happens, you NEED to be able to use a conventional weapon. My high elf mage has a greatsword that's been refined to the "flawless" level. You might also want to give this weapon the Soul Trap enchantment if you have it, since the Soul Trap spell is fairly costly to cast, and takes time to charge up.
    • Conjuration and restoration are your friend. if your health is dwindling and you have no means to regenerate it, summon a an ally of some form, and retreat to heal yourself.
  • What Shadowfred said about Impact? Yeah that's important. dualcast whenever possible, and take the Impact perk. Impact makes it so all your dualcasted destruction spells cause the enemy to stagger when they're hit, which makes keeping your distance extremely easy.

Also, remember that no matter what your character is, Blacksmithing is an extremely important skill, especially if you want to have the coolest looking and most effective armors (Glass and Dragonscale for light, Daedric and Dragonbone for heavy). To level it the fastest, simply craft iron daggers. They only cost one iron ingot and one leather strip to make. It took me about eight daggers to get from level 70 to 71, without the Warrior Stone activated. Hell, unless you have an astounding Speech skill, which is a real bi­tch train, it's also the only affordable way of having a reliable means to get new equipment.

/nerd
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:03:48 AM by Frenchfry »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »
Ok, My friend wants me to buy Skyrim because me working on the mods through his cuts through his game time. Anyone have a suggestion for what I should make, something you don't see in the game, or think isn't available? I'm still perfecting the Paladin VS Necromancer mod, with actual bonuses for choosing either side.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »
I like skyrim way better than oblivion because Oblivion forces you to become a Mage and i hate magic with all my heart.

How does Oblivion force you to be a mage?