* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [CLOSED] The Elemental Elites (continues in the new thread)  (Read 171483 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: [GUILD] The Elemental Elites
« Reply #420 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
lol, it's not the same machamp as on the regular server. Don't expect the same old sets from me...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
Cant wait to have Pinsir and armaldo alternating as my leads. :D

Pinsir landing EQs on levitating Pokemon. Will also be nice to have some stacks to attack and see people switch in a pokemon with unaware XD.  (oh noes how did your Pinsir hit my Woobat so hard :O) lmao
Armaldo hitting Fire and Flying types with stab rock.
ahh how nice it will be <3
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:04:19 AM by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 22, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »
I can't wait to have a epic golurk on my team. :D
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #423 on: March 23, 2012, 03:39:41 AM »
I can't wait to see how much more fight gets nerfed ;). Nah, I just want my Medicham.

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2012, 06:58:46 AM »
Ponge my username is changed so will you please change it in the member list.thanks.

zylonnick

« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
Ponge my username is changed so will you please change it in the member list.thanks.

I changed it the day after you mentioned it, but this is the first time I've got the time to properly report it (extremely busy).

Anyway, about my hypothetical poison team, I've got too many (8) options. Help, anyone?

This is what I've got so far:
Special wall: Tentacruel
Physical Tank: Venusaur
Psychic counter: Drapion
Special attacker or scarfer: Gengar (countering Psychics is his main role besides general sweeping).
Lead/stallbreaker/fighting counter: Crobat
Physical sweeper (maybe bander): Scolipede
Offensive special LO/Sheer force abuse: Nidoking (boltbeam, fireblast and earth power do a poopload of damage)
Physical defensive special LO/Sheer force abuse: Nidoqueen

Drapion is a must on my team, so I will obviously have him. Synergy in my team is realy important, like I did with my fighting team. Any help/comments/alternatives are appreciated.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Muk, and weezing are good walls too.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 29, 2012, 05:37:43 AM »
New Muk gets water absorb, so it's a good anti water wall for poison types. Of course toxicroak has dry skin, but he's not a defensive pokeon.

Well I had a bit of a hiatus. Not sure if I'll get active again. Hopefully th gae will come out soon.

Congrats to Xhizor.

Offline TheOmega1

• Beginning Trainer
  • Behold my wrath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
TheOmega1
Steel
~The End Is At Hand~
I am the cold steel of justice. Claws of metal slicing through a world of chaos and greed. Together my pokemon and I will dismember the evil organizations that threaten the balance of this world. I am Omega of the Elemental Elites.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
Welcome to EE, TheOmega1. Another steel type trainer
I'm sure the others will love to battle with you. You should join us on the balance server sometime. :)
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,3795.0.html

Anyway, about my hypothetical poison team, I've got too many (8) options. Help, anyone?

Scolipede does okay with a choice band and with quick feet he is able to soak paralysis and hit back hard and superfast...BUT with a band you almost always need to go with tented lens just cause you wont be able to switch  attacks. That way if they switch into something that resists your..lets say twineedle it will still no normal damage unless it was a 4x resist. I just prefer the sword dance build with it...seemed to work out better more often then being banded or scarfed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:22:41 AM by Roloc »
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

zylonnick

« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
Welcome to the EE , TheOmega1. I putted your name on the front page.

Scolipede does okay with a choice band and with quick feet he is able to soak paralysis and hit back hard and superfast...BUT with a band you almost always need to go with tented lens just cause you wont be able to switch  attacks. That way if they switch into something that resists your..lets say twineedle it will still no normal damage unless it was a 4x resist. I just prefer the sword dance build with it...seemed to work out better more often then being banded or scarfed.

Yeah, I was thinking about a scolipede that worked pretty well in testing for me. I believe it was a bander with Tinted Lens who killed most opponents with it's STAB Megahorn, or a move that wos more appropriate on some pokémon (4x resists etc). Maybe I'll use it, but probably not because of synergy issues. But then there is still the nido to decide and making my movesets. I might even keep my original type. We'll see how things will work out.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 03, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
Welcome to the EE , TheOmega1. I putted your name on the front page.

Yeah, I was thinking about a scolipede that worked pretty well in testing for me. I believe it was a bander with Tinted Lens who killed most opponents with it's STAB Megahorn, or a move that wos more appropriate on some pokémon (4x resists etc). Maybe I'll use it, but probably not because of synergy issues. But then there is still the nido to decide and making my movesets. I might even keep my original type. We'll see how things will work out.

Megahorn is nice, but STAB Twin Needle is great too.  Since I can break subs, which is always nice.  Stops most prankster users (If they go for sub first).

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
also breaks sashes.
Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 07, 2012, 04:17:23 AM »
I received a message about people thiinking I'm hateful or otherwise unpleasant towards them. I'm sorry if it seems that way, as I don't mean to come off like that. If anyone has any problems with me, they're free to leave a PM. I'm not as active as I probably should be, but I check the board now and again.

I'll also be stepping down as leader since a leader should probably be more active than I've been. I don't plan to leave, and if this game ever gets finished, I'll be happy to contribute as a member of the guild.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I appreciate you doing that Chad.

Now I would like some ideas from some guild members. Any ideas on another build for butterfree?
This is the build I always use. Only a few things here and there change.
Butterfree (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

I usually save this poke for last cause of the sash and sleep power. But I use it so much that I have grown bored of it. I want to see if there are any other builds. I have tried some others and they have all failed in comparison to this one.
Damage Calculator