* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [CLOSED] The Elemental Elites (continues in the new thread)  (Read 171484 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Official Elemental Elites thread
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2011, 04:16:40 AM »
Normal has flying types all over the place. Electric only has 2, Rotom(in water/grass/ice forms) and Lanturn.
I noticed that when I went back over the list of pokemon. I feel like a noob again. :-[

Gallade and Medicham do it too with psychic/fighting

What I meant was they hit their weaknesses for stab super effective.

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
It's true though, Medicham and Gallade hit dark types for super effective.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2011, 04:28:06 AM »
That they do.

Armaldo/shuckle/Wormadam/masqurain/crustle and all the part steel type bugs hit one of their weaknesses for stab SE dmg. :D
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2011, 04:36:32 AM »
I give up... I was talking from a fighting type mono users perspective. You guys just proved what I was saying. Almost every type is more then capable of hitting every one of their weaknesses for stab super effective except fight. Fight is weak to flying and psychic and Scrafty and Terrakion are the only fight types that can hit those types for stab super effective.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2011, 04:38:31 AM »
We know what you were talking about.

You don't always need stab to OHKO your threats.
Find a way.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2011, 04:50:26 AM »

Find a way.

Actually it's kind of funny.  I'm the opposite.  I have problems with a pokemon that I can one shot.  Ledian.  If it's left at the end of the battle it kills me.  That super fast spore gets me every time.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2011, 04:54:28 AM »
Funny indeed. Cause you kill mine every time with ease.
Damage Calculator

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2011, 04:57:46 AM »
Depends on the situations really.  If I lose certain pokemon early, it's a problem.  Mainly Arcanine.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »
I see....
So I need to save it for late game.

*evil laugh*
Damage Calculator

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2011, 05:26:56 AM »
I see....
So I need to save it for late game.

*evil laugh*
Yes. I found that out quickly.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »
Ok, let me put it another way. Staraptor tears my team to shreds.  There are 5 pokemon that are faster and only 1, that is right 1 will be in the game. Now throw in a scarf and I can't touch it with out being Braved Birded to death. Terrakion being rock type and having 108 base speed just 8 points over Staraptor's 100 base speed is able to out run and kill it before it does to much damage to my team.

Now take a look at the one fight type pokemon that is faster then Staraptor, Infernape, and compare it to Terrakion.

Infernape:76/104/71/104/71/108

Terrakion:91/129/90/72/90/108

note the diffrence in the stat spread. The extra bulk allows Terrakion to switch in far more often making him far more viable to be an effective flying type counter.  Now to be fair lets bring in Staraptor's stats.

Staraptor: 85/120/70/50/50/100

Yes it had pitiful defences, but it made OU for a reason. It has access to very powerful Brave Bird, Double Edge, and Close Combat, and this gen it got non other the Reckless for its Dream World Ability, making Brave Bird even more potent. With only 1 fight type pokemon being faster then it makes it the perfect fight counter. Sure let it Brave Bird a high Hp pokemon so it loses more health or just use priory. Lets see, Machamp lost Bullet punch, Conkeldurr lost Mach Punch. I see a trend, all the high attack low speed fight pokemon are losing access to their priory moves, taking away their ability to check Staraptor.

Lets take a look at Lucario with his Extreme Speed. Lucario has access to the most powerful Priory move in the franchise.but look at his stats.

Lucario: 70/110/70/115/70/90.

Sure after one Swords Dance he could easily take out Staraptor, the question is will he survive a Brave Bird to his face while he sets up? Lets see.

116.4% - 137%. I am no expert but that looks like a one hit KO to me. So Lucario isn't going to be getting any set up time against him. Ok that is out of the way, what about an unboosted Extreme Speed? Lets see: 45.5% - 53.8%. The Enemy Stataptor will have to be at least 50% damaged to take it out without fear of losing yet another pokemon.

Sure Lucaio took out Staraptor, but what about the numorious other Flying type pokemon that are faster then Infernape? Togekiss can come in and Parahax your Lucario to death, so trying for a swords dance and then trying to ESpeed is unreliable at best.

See what I am trying to say? Just having a stab rock type move to take out those pesky flying types is much more reliable then using slow bulky ones that don't get a chance to move. That is what I am trying to say. 154.3% - 181.6% That is how much damage Machamp, one of the bulkiest fight types around, takes from Brave Bird. with his damn low speed and loss of bullet punch, he doesn't stand a chance to come in and even try to take out the Staraptor. I hope I cleared that up for everyone.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2011, 05:58:34 AM »
Ok, let me put it another way. ...... I hope I cleared that up for everyone.

Find a way.
As I said before...we understand. :P
Damage Calculator

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »
ok fine the only other way i see it happening is to sacrifice some of my pokemon to bring its HP down low enough for a priorty attack to take it out, but then I am down how ever many pokemon I sacrificed. Come on, there are no fight types bulky enough to survive a single hit from it. Sure throw a Focus Sash on a Poliwrath and use Counter, extremely conditional. I am hopping they come up with a damn solution to the very real problem I have noticed in creating a mono fight team!

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »
Mewtwo Level100!!!

My, Silver is gonna rule the world... except Silver is my rival in Silver... I'm Gold... whatever

zylonnick

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »
Ok, let me put it another way. Staraptor tears my team to shreds.  There are 5 pokemon that are faster and only 1, that is right 1 will be in the game. Now throw in a scarf and I can't touch it with out being Braved Birded to death. Terrakion being rock type and having 108 base speed just 8 points over Staraptor's 100 base speed is able to out run and kill it before it does to much damage to my team.

Now take a look at the one fight type pokemon that is faster then Staraptor, Infernape, and compare it to Terrakion.

Infernape:76/104/71/104/71/108

Terrakion:91/129/90/72/90/108

note the diffrence in the stat spread. The extra bulk allows Terrakion to switch in far more often making him far more viable to be an effective flying type counter.  Now to be fair lets bring in Staraptor's stats.

Staraptor: 85/120/70/50/50/100

Yes it had pitiful defences, but it made OU for a reason. It has access to very powerful Brave Bird, Double Edge, and Close Combat, and this gen it got non other the Reckless for its Dream World Ability, making Brave Bird even more potent. With only 1 fight type pokemon being faster then it makes it the perfect fight counter. Sure let it Brave Bird a high Hp pokemon so it loses more health or just use priory. Lets see, Machamp lost Bullet punch, Conkeldurr lost Mach Punch. I see a trend, all the high attack low speed fight pokemon are losing access to their priory moves, taking away their ability to check Staraptor.

Lets take a look at Lucario with his Extreme Speed. Lucario has access to the most powerful Priory move in the franchise.but look at his stats.

Lucario: 70/110/70/115/70/90.

Sure after one Swords Dance he could easily take out Staraptor, the question is will he survive a Brave Bird to his face while he sets up? Lets see.

116.4% - 137%. I am no expert but that looks like a one hit KO to me. So Lucario isn't going to be getting any set up time against him. Ok that is out of the way, what about an unboosted Extreme Speed? Lets see: 45.5% - 53.8%. The Enemy Stataptor will have to be at least 50% damaged to take it out without fear of losing yet another pokemon.

Sure Lucaio took out Staraptor, but what about the numorious other Flying type pokemon that are faster then Infernape? Togekiss can come in and Parahax your Lucario to death, so trying for a swords dance and then trying to ESpeed is unreliable at best.

See what I am trying to say? Just having a stab rock type move to take out those pesky flying types is much more reliable then using slow bulky ones that don't get a chance to move. That is what I am trying to say. 154.3% - 181.6% That is how much damage Machamp, one of the bulkiest fight types around, takes from Brave Bird. with his damn low speed and loss of bullet punch, he doesn't stand a chance to come in and even try to take out the Staraptor. I hope I cleared that up for everyone.

Let's see, the non-scarfed version goes dOwn by my Infernape's Stone Edge or my Scarf Heracross's Stone edge.  For the Scarfed version I use my sashed Infernape, survive the hit and kill him. Another way is let it kill 1-2 bulky pokemon and then use priority moves. Another thing that could work is using a Hitmonlee with Unburden, Normal Gem and Fake out to outspeed it and then kill it. If you switch a Speed Boost Blaziken in before he switches in (team preview) and then use protect, you'll outspeed and KO it. That same Blaziken with a Focus Sash and Protect can Protect on turn 1, attack or set up on turn 2, yo'n outspeed everything on turn 3. Now you've even set up against it... There are ways, you just need to think outside the box with a monotype team.